Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

coolisin wrote: »
    Prison break does get a bit silly in the later seasons.
    But I really enjoyed the final long episode.
    Might start watching it again!

From having personal experience with the IPS a lot of the topics in Prison Break seem plausible to be honest.

Very interesting concept and I'm really enjoying watching it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

From having personal experience with the IPS a lot of the topics in Prison Break seem plausible to be honest.

Very interesting concept and I'm really enjoying watching it.

prison break for me was one of the best. The third season in panama whilst not plausible was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Choochtown

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Ya gonna tell it then or what?? 😊

He is not an actor. He's security manager for a shipping company and has negotiated with hijackers. He was called in to brief the production crew on the process and impressed them so much that he was offered and accepted a big role in the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Just started to rewatch Scrubs. First episode absolutely fantastic, I'd forgotten how great it was in the early days. No wonder the physios I used to live with loved it so much, it really does come across as a very realistic portrayal of a hospital in the first season at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Separate threads for film & TV
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug now up on irish netflix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Daywatch/Nightwatch are very interesting films to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Is it the version of nightwatch/daywatch the one with the subtitles that are animated to be part of the movie. Love that version. Sucks it never came out on DVD that way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Probably an odd request but does anyone know if the show Who Do You Think You Are is on any region Netflix? Trying to find it so that I can clear up my mum's sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,589 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Probably an odd request but does anyone know if the show Who Do You Think You Are is on any region Netflix? Trying to find it so that I can clear up my mum's sky box.

The UK version is on the South American versions of Netflix.

http://www.moreflicks.com/

A handy site to use not just for Netflix but for Hulu iTunes BBC Player etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I started watching Orphan Black last night, ended up watching 5 episodes until about 4 this morning... :rolleyes:

Wasn't easy getting up today let me tell you! :pac:

It's a great programme, really interesting story and concept.

Will have to get back to my Prison Break today though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

vidor wrote: »
    Hola acting up for anybody else? Still can't get it to work.

And still no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

12 Angry Men on the US flix, still one of my favourite films.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Choochtown wrote: »
    He is not an actor. He's security manager for a shipping company and has negotiated with hijackers. He was called in to brief the production crew on the process and impressed them so much that he was offered and accepted a big role in the film.

Wow! Class... thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

sweetie wrote: »
    yeah, surprised me too. I was going to get round to watching it eventually but 4od and other means are so awkward compared to netflix!

I watched 3 episodes of it last night, its really good.

Its a pitty netflix doesn't have the 2nd season, I'll have to wipe the dust of my ps3 and see do I still have the 4od app.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Move to the US.

Sorry, but that's the only answer that can be given here on this forum. What your asking isn't perfectly legal, the lines in the sand are somewhat blurred.

In fairness, netflix doesnt mind. The more they can offer, be it illegal, but on the lower end of illegal, they dont mind. Its the producers who are losing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

It's not new or anything but I watched the first episode of Sons of Anarchy the other night, very good t'was....great to think there 4 or 5 other season ready for me. I like the way it follows the shorter season model as opposed to 22/23 episodes per season

What do other think of it?

It's not new or anything but I watched the first episode of Sons of Anarchy the other night, very good t'was....great to think there 4 or 5 other season ready for me. I like the way it follows the shorter season model as opposed to 22/23 episodes per season

i was wondering alright what it was like. would be interested to hear others views on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I thought SOA was brilliant until
    the season they come to Ireland
    (<-- not really a spoiler but just in case!) ruined the whole show for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I thought SOA was brilliant until
    the season they come to Ireland
    (<-- not really a spoiler but just in case!) ruined the whole show for me!

Definitely, it was appalling. my advice is watch seasons 1 and 2 since they're actually great, then skip to 4. Just watch the "last season on SOA" bit at the beginning of the first episode of season 4 and you'll be filled in without sitting through 20 odd hours of awful tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

SOA is brilliant, it would definitely be in my top 5 of tv shows. The last seasons was excellent, cant wait for the return.

That reminds me.. Its back in September:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Has Hell on Wheels ever been on Irish Netflix? I watched the 1st season on RTÉ a while back and loved it. I recorded the 2nd season to watch all at once but was only a few episodes in when we had to get a new UPC box and lost all the recordings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

As others have said, season 1 and 2 are great. I watched it delighted with this new show, interesting storyline, not too over the top and entertaining. I drive bikes myself so that was a big pull for me.
    Then in season 3 they go to Ireland (not really giving anything away saying that) and it's just so cheesy, they even change the intro music to sound "Irish". I mean, you wouldn't know they were in Ireland without some tin whistles and there may as well be irish dancers doing jigs and reels on the back of the bikes because that's what makes an authentic set in Ireland show :rolleyes:

Back to season 4 and 5 and while it is entertaining, it's completely over the top and I stopped watching about half way through season 5.

Also, there is heavy involvement in the show with actual real life MC members and you would think that that would help keep the storylines realistic but, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,066 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just noticed they have some UFC on the Canadian netflix. Some fights I'd actually missed when they were on live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

That new/rebooted Cosmos series is upon the Canadian Netflix. Seems to be highly rated so must give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

time to take the facebook what you are watching on netflix share settings off

Nymphomaniac: Volume 1 & 2 are now on us netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I've watched a few series on netflix thanks to suggestions on here. A quick summary:

The Shield: Coming to the end of Season 1. Really excellent. Tremendous characters and strong storylines.

Suits: Watched the 2 seasons available. Despite the fact that it's over-the-top, poorly written, clichéd tosh, I oddly enjoyed this. Stories of alpha males like Harvey are always watchable.

Longmire: First episode was very promising but the subsequent episodes have been almost just repeats. Not sure but will probably continue with it as I hear it picks up a lot.

Utopia: Just watched the first episode last night. Really liked it. I love something brave and different like that.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions.

Can anyone recommend any good documentaries? I've seen some already, mostly music/sports-

Beware of Mr Baker
    Vanishing of the Bees
    Senna
    that one about The Band
    The Zeitgeist series

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

danrua01 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any good documentaries? I've seen some already, mostly music/sports-

Beware of Mr Baker
    Vanishing of the Bees
    Senna
    that one about The Band
    The Zeitgeist series

Almost the entire Louis Theroux canon is on there. If you haven't seen them they're so worth it.

• Advertisement

Yeah forgot about those ones! I've seen the Westboro Baptist Church one, any specific ones to recommend?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement