Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

Separate threads for film & TV
    which one has Asylum Blackout on it?Been looking on moreflicks and can't find it

It's on the Canadian Netflix.

Here's a handy site for searching the different regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

It's on the Canadian Netflix.

Here's a handy site for searching the different regions.

cheers dude :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Can anyone recommend a decent action film to watch on Netflix?

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Thanks.

the dsolation of smaug is up there now

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If you liked stuff like Taken, Olympus has Fallen.

Leave your brain at the door and enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

I would even say Minority Report is good for its action.

So Pontypool is worth a watch? I threw it on last week, but I was after an action packed zombie show at the time... but after that review I'll reconsider..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Thanks.

the raid is pretty spectacular as long as you don't mind the graphic violence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭deisedude

peteeeed wrote: »
    the raid is pretty spectacular as long as you don't mind the graphic violence

That on the Irish one?

deisedude wrote: »
    That on the Irish one?

it was as of a couple of months ago

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,223 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gave How I Live Now a look last night after it was recommended on here, actually pretty good. Think it suffered when it came out due to the marketing as it seemed to have been aimed at the Twilight crowd but it's actually a pretty tense survival film which doesn't sugar coat things at all. It's really well shot too, gorgeous in places.

The romance angle was a bit annoying but I guess they needed something to motivate the main character into doing what the did plus
    the way the end played out, though mainly positive, avoided the usual clichés nicely and was still fairly bleak with all the characters well and truly scarred by what they went through.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Gave How I Live Now a look last night after it was recommended on here, actually pretty good. Think it suffered when it came out due to the marketing as it seemed to have been aimed at the Twilight crowd but it's actually a pretty tense survival film which doesn't sugar coat things at all. It's really well shot too, gorgeous in places.

The romance angle was a bit annoying but I guess they needed something to motivate the main character into doing what the did plus
    the way the end played out, though mainly positive, avoided the usual clichés nicely and was still fairly bleak with all the characters well and truly scarred by what they went through.

I didn't like the romance plot for 2 reasons
    1 - HE'S HER COUSIN!!! And 2 - I just think they could have given her a better motivation to get back to the farm. They could have developed the family dynamic a bit more, she seemed to be coming from a father who had no time for her into this tight knit family and I kind of felt that should have been the motivation for her. If they'd taken out the romance stuff and given that time to developing the familial relationships I think it would have been just as compelling a reason to want to get back to the farm.

Everything outside the romance though I thought was great.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,223 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I didn't like the romance plot for 2 reasons
    1 - HE'S HER COUSIN!!! And 2 - I just think they could have given her a better motivation to get back to the farm. They could have developed the family dynamic a bit more, she seemed to be coming from a father who had no time for her into this tight knit family and I kind of felt that should have been the motivation for her. If they'd taken out the romance stuff and given that time to developing the familial relationships I think it would have been just as compelling a reason to want to get back to the farm.

Fair point actually, that would have worked very well, would be interesting to see if the book is any different. I forgot about the
    cousin thing, I was weirded out by it at the time alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Turtwig wrote: »
    If you liked stuff like Taken, Olympus has Fallen.

Leave your brain at the door and enjoy.

Ya agree Olympus has Fallen is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,522 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Frozen added to Netflix Netherlands.

Frozen added to Netflix Netherlands.

Beasts of the Southern Wild is on there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

An Unreal Dream: The Michael Morton Story - US Netflix

Good documentary about an innocent man convicted of killing his wife who spent 25 years in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Dear Zachary is a great doc on usa netflix
    Christ, that's a heartbreaking doc... Jesus it's one of the best but it really hits you hard.

Low Winter Sun season 1 added to Netflix US.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Watched 'Boo' the other night. It wasn't very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Finished Orphan Black today, wow. Tatiana Malsany knocks it out of the park.
    I believe series 2 has been and gone already on BBC Three and that Series 3 is promised for next year.
    Hope Netflix UK/Ireland fast track Series 2 soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

flazio wrote: »
    Finished Orphan Black today, wow. Tatiana Malsany knocks it out of the park.
    I believe series 2 has been and gone already on BBC Three and that Series 3 is promised for next year.
    Hope Netflix UK/Ireland fast track Series 2 soon.

It's great isn't it?

Really interesting topic and very well written.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Does Netflix in regions like Sweden Netherlands etc have programmes in their native language or are they in English with the regions subtitles or something ?

Does Netflix in regions like Sweden Netherlands etc have programmes in their native language or are they in English with the regions subtitles or something ?

They're in English with no subtitles by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

The original version of The Killing was better done than the US one. Since Netflix has an exclusive on the US production I suppose we won't be able to watch the Norwegian one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Depends, most of the content is in English, but some native content has English subtitles also. For example, on Norwegian Netflix, the detective series Varg Veum (played by ladies favourite - Trond Espen Seim) has a few English subtitled episodes, but mainly Norwegian only.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Sorry, I just realised that the Killing is actually Danish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Finished the full series of 24, Grimm (2 seasons), Supernatural (up t season 7 - annoying that it's now gone from netflix) and just finished Breaking Bad.

Was thinking of starting in on Warehouse 13 next - anybody watch this? any use?

my sister lives in sweden and it tended to be only netflix kids shows and they were dubbed into swedish , everything else was in english

The original version of The Killing was better done than the US one. Since Netflix has an exclusive on the US production I suppose we won't be able to watch the Norwegian one.

The original is on the Irish site at least, though only the first 2 seasons.

• Advertisement

Bates Motel season 1 added to Netflix Ireland/UK.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement