Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Some great French films on Netflix France. Only subtitles in French available though, and my French is abysmal, gah.
    Watched a couple of episodes of On Death Row, Werner Herzog's four part series of interviews with people on death row in America. On Netflix Germany.

Edit. Was on Netflix France on my Playstation. Is there an English subtitle work around on PC or laptop does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Separate threads for film & TV
    3 Days to Kill, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Silver Linings Playbook & Parks and Recreation - Season 5 added to Netflix US.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Anybody know if season 3 of Person of Interest is up on any region's Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Started watching The Killing (subtitled one) couple nights ago...hooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Netflix has been getting pressure to ban VPNs. If that happens i'm cancelling and going to torrents. 1 region hasn't enough content.
    All along everyone has agreed that the online video streaming industry has done what the music industry failed to do(until recently) - provide a legal alternative to piracy. Now they want to mess that up

BTW: Last episode of twin peaks. I know i've already insulted some of you by calling the music cheesy :) but this show is very over-hyped. It's part soap opera, part bad sci-fi and part murder mystery. 6 out of 10

• Advertisement

The Sacrament is up on the US Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

EyeSight wrote: »
    Netflix has been getting pressure to ban VPNs. If that happens i'm cancelling and going to torrents. 1 region hasn't enough content.
    All along everyone has agreed that the online video streaming industry has done what the music industry failed to do(until recently) - provide a legal alternative to piracy. Now they want to mess that up

Got any links to said recent pressure?

adox wrote: »
    Got any links to said recent pressure?

I won't link it but Forbes did a piece on it yesterday. A quick search will find it. They based it off a piece from CNET.

Pressure is coming from Networks in Australia.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I won't link it but Forbes did a piece on it yesterday. A quick search will find it. They based it off a piece from CNET.

Pressure is coming from Networks in Australia.

Australian TV channels are quite strict about their TV shows being on the likes of Youtube and Daily Motion. They're really cracking down on it. Not sure if it's the same overall issue or not.

Australian TV channels are quite strict about their TV shows being on the likes of Youtube and Daily Motion. They're really cracking down on it. Not sure if it's the same overall issue or not.

They pay huge money for films and shows and as it turns out Australia has one of the biggest viewers of Netflix for a country where Netflix hasn't even gone live.

These Networks are pissed off with Netflix as well from what I can see as Netflix has been out bidding them for rights before it has even started there only this week Netflix bought the rights to show Gotham in Australia.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

They pay huge money for films and shows and as it turns out Australia has one of the biggest viewers of Netflix for a country where Netflix hasn't even gone live.

These Networks are pissed off with Netflix as well from what I can see as Netflix has been out bidding them for rights before it has even started there only this week Netflix bought the rights to show Gotham in Australia.

Yeah. I think with their own shows, talking the likes of Home and Away or Neighbours, they're getting big money from 5 in the UK which helps fund them but people are not watching on 5 because they're watching online at Australian pace so 5 don't want to give them as much money anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody know how to get Netflix US on PS4? Had a look on google but can't seem to get it to work

Just a bit more on why Australian Networks are pissed.

Australia has a population of around 22 million with 200k watching Netflix already before it even goes live there Networks are losing a lot of money this would be the reason for the pressure on Netflix.
    Incredibly, Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) already controls close to half of Australia’s video streaming market, despite such formalities as actually launching in the country. By utilizing virtual private networks to avoid the geo-blocks Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) puts in place to region block its content, there are reportedly 200,000 Australians that are already using the service. That has riled up one of Australia’s existing streaming services, Quickflix, whose chief executive has been a vocal critic of Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) not doing more to prevent unauthorized use of their service.
    Read more at http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/netflix-inc-nflx-making-the-move-down-under-latest-deal-spills-the-beans-328499/#tPuCHO8byrM8GQHC.99

http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/netflix-inc-nflx-making-the-move-down-under-latest-deal-spills-the-beans-328499/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Some older tv shows.

Seasons 1-3 of Alfred Hitchcock Presents added to Netflix US.

All 8 seasons of The Andy Griffith Show added to Netflix US.

The original Twilight Zone is there too. Some great episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Anyone ever have problems with the sound being out of sync with the video?? A good lot of shows/movies I've watched have been effected now..really annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 heavydemon

macslash wrote: »
    Anyone ever have problems with the sound being out of sync with the video?? A good lot of shows/movies I've watched have been effected now..really annoying!

This happened to me last night. I was watching skyfall and it started halfway through the movie. Very annoying i tried a few different things and even went as far as rebooting my laptop but still no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Changed to US yesterday. The "sav to my list" options seems to be gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Barna77 wrote: »

Noticed that myself, maybe it's only on some regions? For me it only works on the Irish one afaik

Barna77 wrote: »
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Noticed that myself, maybe it's only on some regions? For me it only works on the Irish one afaik

My Netflix is American from when I lived there. My list only works on there.

It only works on your home Netflix region as every region has different rights so if you have something saved on your home region it may not be on another region would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭s8n

someone deleted my post on VPN from earlier today, why was that ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

s8n wrote: »

Not 100% sure, but I think there was a guideline from the mods not to discuss the specific topic and stick to recommendations.

Edit: actually it is in the OP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

See the first post:
    This thread is for Netflix film recommendations and discussion ONLY! Any posts containing technical queries relating to DNS or VPN settings will be deleted. Please do not ask questions or start threads about regional workarounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Can't mention VPN or anything like that but feel free to post about films on Netflix Canada/US/Brazil :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

you cant say bomb on an aeroplane:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭McGrath5

The Secret in Their Eyes

If you haven't seen this yet, watch it! Fantastic film.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is on the irish netflix , i really enjoyed it considering i'm not a teen or a girl

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Watched Short Term 12 last night.

Good little indy flick.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Hunger games catching fire is on Irish Netflix but original hunger games is gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

peteeeed wrote: »
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is on the irish netflix , i really enjoyed it considering i'm not a teen or a girl

Myself and my wife did too. Enjoyed both films thus far even though we're very far from the target market. Well made, well acted, good story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Watching The Killing (danish version) ... HOOKED

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement