Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Separate threads for film & TV
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon sequel to be released on netflix and IMAX the same day

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/30/business/media/with-crouching-tiger-sequel-netflix-takes-aim-at-hollywood.html?_r=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

peteeeed wrote: »
    Oct. 25

The Carrie Diaries: Season 2
    Django Unchained
    Sons of Anarchy: Season 6

Finally!
    I've tried so hard to watch this movie legally but I can't get it anywhere. Itunes don't even rent it, they just sell it. Now, at last, it will be mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I was hoping Love/Hate season 4 would be added to the US platform to hype the new season. Instead they took the show down completely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

e_e wrote: »
    Galaxy Quest. Jaysus haven't watched that film since I was 9, might be in need of a revisit. :cool:

One of my fav films of all time.

I thought Farscape The Peacekeeper Wars was on Irish Netflix but doesnt seem to be anymore. is it on the US one?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

SarahBM wrote: »

I thought Farscape The Peacekeeper Wars was on Irish Netflix but doesnt seem to be anymore. is it on the US one?

I don't think it has ever been on any of the Netflix regions I have been on the look out for it for long while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Homeland season 3 added to Netflix Sweden.

The Walking Dead season 4 added to Netflix US.

Sorry lads. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm knew to Netflix. I was just wondering what does it matter what's released in other regions? Can they be viewed in Ireland? I'm just a bit confused! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

macslash wrote: »
    Sorry lads. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm knew to Netflix. I was just wondering what does it matter what's released in other regions? Can they be viewed in Ireland? I'm just a bit confused! :o

There are ways to work around the region blocks and make the netflix from other regions believe you are in their country. It's not exactly 100% legal therefore we can't tell you how it's done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

flazio wrote: »
    There are ways to work around the region blocks and make the netflix from other regions believe you are in their country. It's not exactly 100% legal therefore we can't tell you how it's done here.

Ah was thinking as much! think I have an idea on how...'!'

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It gets better with age imo, brilliant parody of Star Trek.

Brilliant film, really didn't get the success it should have on release. I was working in a cinema when it came out and nearly every showing was empty, pity. Sam Rockwell and Alan Rickman steal the entire film

the utterly brilliant israeli film Lebanon (Levanon) is now on irish netflix, the story is mostly inside a tank on the invasion of lebanon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

SarahBM wrote: »

It was never on the Irish one iirc; the series in its entirety is/was there, but never the concluding mini-series. I think it was a different studio that produced it, so I guess Netflix never negotiated for a licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

krudler wrote: »
    Brilliant film, really didn't get the success it should have on release. I was working in a cinema when it came out and nearly every showing was empty, pity. Sam Rockwell and Alan Rickman steal the entire film

I think it was only me and my brother in the screening I was in too. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Big update to the UK/Ireland Netflix. Doctor Who episodes, some Star Trek movies and Girl, Interrupted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Land Before Time has been added to UK/Ireland.

I must have watched that 100 times as a kid, maybe more. A classic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

that film is like an institution in my childhood. easily watched it 30 times. it was good to be young

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

To this day I still like to quote Ducky, "yup yup yup!"

I remember at school once in a chemistry lab someone dropped and smashed a petri dish and before I realised it I'd said "Poor Petrie, Poor, Poor, Petire." in a Ducky voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

The child who voiced Ducky died a violent death - just to ruin any childhood memories.

The child who voiced Ducky died a violent death - just to ruin any childhood memories.

Wasn't she the same girl that voiced the kid from All Dogs Go To Heaven?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Yeah I think her father shot her then killed himself.

Awful tragedy but at least she's immortalised via her films.

Little legend :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ugh, that's awful, I did not know that. There's worse things than Sharp Tooth out there :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ugh, that's awful, I did not know that. There's worse things than Sharp Tooth out there :(

He shot Judith (Ducky), her mother, burnt their bodies before turning the gun on himself.

Absolutely horrible tragedy, she was only 10 too.

As I've said though she will live on through her timeless films.

Adam Sandler signs exclusive 4-picture movie deal with Netflix.
    Adam Sandler has signed a deal to produce and star in four movies exclusive to Netflix.

The projects will be developed under Sandler's Happy Madison Productions and will only be available to Netflix users across the world
    In a statement, the actor said: "When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said yes for one reason and one reason only... Netflix rhymes with 'wet chicks'. Let the streaming begin!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a600604/adam-sandler-signs-exclusive-4-picture-movie-deal-with-netflix.html#~oRxc4lbquoq1ld

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Jesus.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Damn it Netflix what a waste of Subs, Sandler hasn't been funny since the 90's!!

Loughc wrote: »
    Damn it Netflix what a waste of Subs, Sandler hasn't been funny since the 90's!!

My guess is his movies are huge on Netflix with college students, stoners, people who grew up with his first 5/6 movies most of which still hold up as slap stick comedies.

I'd say $20/30m would make all 4 movies if shot back to back not not really a huge risk.

With them making Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2 as well they are testing the movie market after having sucess with the series they are making.

jack and jill 2 anybody? ...........anybody??

peaky blinders series 1 is now on us netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I'd say $20/30m would make all 4 movies if shot back to back not not really a huge risk.

Lol. That would barely cover his salary for one of the films.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ermehgeeeerd Season 6 of Parks and Recreation has been added to the US site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement