Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Any good series or horrors to get into to pass the time?

I'm sick so I've the day off tomorrow, I like horrors and comedies and will avoid Breaking Bad at all costs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I'm sick so I've the day off tomorrow, I like horrors and comedies and will avoid Breaking Bad at all costs :pac:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer has a good mix of horror and comedy

Buffy The Vampire Slayer has a good mix of horror and comedy

Good god no! I remember watching that years and years ago and the cringes...

Ended up watching a film called Grace and I started watching Trailer Park Boys, oh and I watched a few episodes of Little Britain!

Was a fun night!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

american horror story?

folan wrote: »
    american horror story?

Seen it all before on Sky on the tele :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ermehgeeeerd Season 6 of Parks and Recreation has been added to the US site.

Im 10 eps in and yet to laugh, honestly! Even Ron is failing to rise this season!

The Blacklist though is proving to be reasonably watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

From Dusk till Dawn (TV Series) is probably worth a watch. Bates Motel (TV Series) is really good IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Separate threads for film & TV
    Buffy the vampire slayer holds up remarkably well.

There's not really much horror though. It's more lighthearted and fun. First half season being the weakest imo.

There's not much scares in the show but a hospital based villain of the week episode freaks the shyte out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Hrm - some documentaries that deserve some love:

Pulling John - about arm wrestling
    King of Kong: A fist full of quarters
    Good ol' Freda
    Muscle Shoals
    Indie Game

There are plenty more obviously but those are the five which, over the last couple of years, have left the biggest impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Yeah I think her father shot her then killed himself.

Awful tragedy but at least she's immortalised via her films.

Little legend :)

Frack, just read up on it on wikipedia. Horrible tragedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭delboy85

"About A Boy" (the NBC series) added to Canada. It's not bad.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

delboy85 wrote: »
    "About A Boy" (the NBC series) added to Canada. It's not bad.

I watched that on Sky earlier this year. I was very impressed, the first episode is basically the film, the 2nd episode wasn't great but then it finds it's own pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Been watching Friday night dinner on the Irish netflix.

Briefcase from the Inbetweeners is in it, and centres around two lads having friday night dinner at their folks house. Very basic stuff but it's actually quite funny with some excellent characters. Perfect show to waste away a few hours.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brave added to Netflix Ireland/UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Does anyone know when the second series of The Blacklist to appear on Netflix?

I watched The Iceman recently. Michael Shannon plays murderer for hire Richard Kuklinski and the film shows an overview of his "career" of killing. It's alright but seemed to be missing something, it was quite cold (if you will pardon the pun) as the timeline continually skips seemingly without rhyme or reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Ageyev wrote: »

I watched The Iceman recently. Michael Shannon plays murderer for hire Richard Kuklinski and the film shows an overview of his "career" of killing. It's alright but seemed to be missing something, it was quite cold (if you will pardon the pun) as the timeline continually skips seemingly without rhyme or reason.

i felt that alright having read the book, they skipped so much. it was 2.30/3 hour film in reality.

the book is worth a read and check out the ice man documentaries on youtube. frightening

Around this time next year. It only started on tv two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

BBC series "Peaky Blinders" now on US Netflix. Sam Neill is an RIC detective sent to Birmingham in 1919 to take on a gang. Cillian Murphy plays a brummie in it. Good show so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Watched a good comedy last night thats on Netflix Ireland, that i would recommend, "Klown",Danish film, made in 2010. All about 2 friends who head off on a major session in the countryside but where one of the characters nephew is inadvertently dragged along at the last minute and the exploits that they all get up to. Shades of The Hangover, Road Trip and Porkys thrown in for good measure. Some class lol moments, in particular the last 30 seconds of the movie, which i wont spoil for anyone but the film is well worth watching up until the end. Despite the subtitles,dont let that put you off, as there are some brilliant one liners in it, really good film, definitely recommend............

da_hambo wrote: »
    BBC series "Peaky Blinders" now on US Netflix. Sam Neill is an RIC detective sent to Birmingham in 1919 to take on a gang. Cillian Murphy plays a brummie in it. Good show so far.

I second this. It is good. New series just started on BBC2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Just finished a massive marathon of The Shield - really good stuff. Dark stuff at the end, which I was sort of expecting but hoping I was wrong.

Any shows in the same vein worth a look?

I thought it was a pretty poor film, but the book is atrocious. It reads like a load of sensational daily mail articles stitched together in random order. Kuklinski is considered to be a somewhat of a fantasist as well, so I don't know how much is really true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Eoin wrote: »
    Just finished a massive marathon of The Shield - really good stuff. Dark stuff at the end, which I was sort of expecting but hoping I was wrong.

Any shows in the same vein worth a look?

I thought it was a pretty poor film, but the book is atrocious. It reads like a load of sensational daily mail articles stitched together in random order. Kuklinski is considered to be a somewhat of a fantasist as well, so I don't know how much is really true.

i thought the film was average, but the book was good. grotesque and dark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I've just found two films I've been wanting to see for a while. Looper is on Netflix Netherlands & Switzerland. Ben Affleck's The Town is on Netflix Austria, Germany & Switzerland.

PWEI wrote: »
    I've just found two films I've been wanting to see for a while. Looper is on Netflix Netherlands & Switzerland. Ben Affleck's The Town is on Netflix Austria, Germany & Switzerland.

Both are good and worth a watch. Looper plays around with the time travel paradoxes in a fun way and The Town is a decent heist drama thriller. I was really surprised with Affleck as a director. Gone Baby Gone and Argo are also good, both are on Netflix afaik (Gone Baby Gone is definitely on the Irish one)

Homeland season 3 added to Netflix Ireland/UK.

Season 4 starts Tuesday on RTE for those who want to do a huge binge before it starts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Watched the house of the devil last night, good idea of a horror movie.
    You can see the makers where really trying to make it as close to a 70's style horror as possible.

I was enjoying it then it seemed to change note and finish very quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Having watched (and loved) True Detective and Dallas Buyers Club, I went to check out some of McConaughey's over serious roles - I never thought much of him before watching these, but loved him in those two roles. Mud is on the German Netflix, and is a good watch if your a fan of him. Nothing spectacular, but an enjoyable film. The Paperboy is another good watch, if you can stomach Efron. Two films of McConaugy's that went a bit under the radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I thought the Paperboy was poor, lot of style but that's about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Are seasons 1-4 of Love/Hate on any of the regions?

• Advertisement

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Are seasons 1-4 of Love/Hate on any of the regions?

No. 1-3 were up on the US one but were taken down last week.

Edit; Same thing happened last year with season1/2 and then went back up after season 4 aired here with season 3. So I would guess 1-4 will go up when season 5 finishes here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement