Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Are seasons 1-4 of Love/Hate on any of the regions?

I'm fairly sure it's on the American Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Separate threads for film & TV
    I'm fairly sure it's on the American Netflix.

Nothing coming up on Moreflicks

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dman15333

Parkland is on the Irish Netflix.

Good film about the events that occured after JFK was assassinated, mainly focusing on the hospital, Parkland, he was brought to, among the other events like the investigation to catch Oswald and obtain the Zapruder film and telling the secret services side and the part they played in the investigations.

Not an amazing film but well worth a watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Its gone from the American one, just checked.

Shame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Wanted to start watching Love Hate, never bothered to even after everyone was talking about, shame it's gone from Netflix.

I'll have to watch it via other means now.

I watched a film called Bachelorette on Netflix, it was good, also rewatched World War Z.

Good day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Life Below Zero, a good series on Netflix UK about life in Alaska for subsistence hunter/gatherers. None of the usual faux-drama that you find on Discovery.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Life Below Zero, a good series on Netflix UK about life in Alaska for subsistence hunter/gatherers. None of the usual faux-drama that you find on Discovery.

I watched the first episode a few weeks and actually thought there was too much of the faux drama stuff. The music and editing also really put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭delboy85

"Love/Hate" (Seasons 1-3) still on Hulu.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

delboy85 wrote: »

I managed to get the .apk and signed into the account I forgot I had, can't watch anything because my girlfriend thought it'd be funny to change my age so now I'm 13 on Facebook, can't change the age back because Facebook thinks I'm lying!

Haha anyway I've gotten it some other way and it's downloading now!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Does anyone know if twin Peaks is on Netflix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

It's on the Dutch Netflix or the Netherlands if you're an RTE football pundit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    It's on the Dutch Netflix or the Netherlands if you're an RTE football pundit.

Holland Netflix is the no no. :P

Calling it Dutch is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Thanks want to give it another bash before they make the new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

On the USA region

delboy85 wrote: »

What's the difference between Hulu and Hulu Plus? I have the app for the latter on my PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ageyev wrote: »
    What's the difference between Hulu and Hulu Plus? I have the app for the latter on my PS3

Hulu is free and limited shows Hulu plus isn't free and has more.

Both have ad breaks throught episodes

Hulu Plus is a subscription service and has a bigger catalogue of stuff. Regular Hulu generally only has the last 5 aired episodes of shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭boccy23

Hulu is free and limited shows Hulu plus isn't free and has more.

Both have ad breaks throught episodes

Found that terribly annoying and enough not to renew.

If you are paying for the Hulu+, then why have all the ads???

I didn't realise that Hulu+ showed ads. There is no way I would pay for a service like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

Dumb and Dumber. Can be watched over and over again.

I'm on german netflix and even with Hola I can't get to the good stuff in Canada or US much less cast it to my chromecast.

• Advertisement

Dumb and Dumber. Can be watched over and over again.

I'm on german netflix and even with Hola I can't get to the good stuff in Canada or US much less cast it to my chromecast.

<snip>

Mod note: Please read the first post.

I glanced at Hulu yesterday in the search of Love/Hate online and from what I can see the non premium version is basically another Youtube. Its all just tiny clips of stuff.

In fact you'd find better content on Youtube itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Hulu does have full episodes for free for some stuff. Hope you enjoy ads every 5 minutes. Since south park switched to Hulu I've had to watch it from the Netherlands website.

Hulu does have full episodes for free for some stuff. Hope you enjoy ads every 5 minutes. Since south park switched to Hulu I've had to watch it from the Netherlands website.

Is it really as bad as every 5minutes?

I tried to access the free stuff on their website but was on Android and the site's videos only work in a PC browser it seems. Ads on a pay service are kinda crappy but pay TV channels do have adverts. If there's a free trial I might give it a go but they seem to have cracked down on ppl outside the US accessing it.

Is it really as bad as every 5minutes?

I tried to access the free stuff on their website but was on Android and the site's videos only work in a PC browser it seems. Ads on a pay service are kinda crappy but pay TV channels do have adverts. If there's a free trial I might give it a go but they seem to have cracked down on ppl outside the US accessing it.

It's not that bad, you might have four minut long breaks during an episode of tv. Without them the service would be ridiculously expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bambi added to Netflix Ireland/UK.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End added to Netflix Ireland/UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Bambi added to Netflix Ireland/UK.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End added to Netflix Ireland/UK.

YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Not Netflix but I've recently been watching Transparent on the American Amazon Prime Video service. Very good show. Delighted it got renewed for a second season. Got the 30 day trial but don't know if the service will take my Irish CC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just watched Gravity there. Fantastic film. Perfect length. Quite cliché at times but intense the whole way through.

• Advertisement

Just watched Gravity there. Fantastic film. Perfect length. Quite cliché at times but intense the whole way through.

Which region?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement