Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Separate threads for film & TV
    Yeah, I thought that was what it was called and the French one from Harry Potter was in it. I don't remember it airing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Just hope the subtitles are better this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

Mousewar wrote: »
    Just hope the subtitles are better this time...

I'm watching the first season now and I swear only half of its being subtitled. The actors are definitely saying more than what comes up on screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cheers guys. Great to hear so that season 2 is up. Never did get around to watching it but loved season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Friends coming to Netflix US on 01/01/2015

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

They're all infinitely preferable to the repugnant Hole in My Heart though :pac:
    Ha! I currently have this on loan from my local library. I'll approach with caution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

It's on a few of the South American amd Scandanavian regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Ageyev wrote: »
    Good list here of 50 'weird' documentaries. Some of them are on various Netflix regions. http://letterboxd.com/korine1966/list/total-films-50-weirdest-documentaries

Sick:The Life and Death of Bob Flanagan was on the US one until a few days ago but was removed unfortunately (it wasn't on moreflicks).

The Imposter is on USA.

Dark Days is on Irish.

Crumb is on France.

Crazy Love and Lost in La Mancha is on most regions iirc.

Lemmy is on Canada.

Lake of Fire is on Youtube not sure if it's on Netflix.

I can't remember which region Microcosmos is on, maybe Mexico.

They're the ones I've found thus far

To add to some of those documentaries that are on Netflix.

Super Size Me - Ireland

Aileen: Life And Death Of A Serial Killer - Ireland, + a bunch of other regions.

Cane Toads - Ireland + a bunch.

Senna - USA, Canada

The Sweetest Sound - USA

Mr Death - Argentina, Brazil, Mexico

Bowling For Columbine - Argentina, Brazil, Mexico

Anvil: The Story Of Anvil - used to be on Canada, but it's gone now, a pity, this is a wonderful documentary.

Microcosmos is on USA.

There's a couple of Werner Herzog documentaries on the list, I'll had some more that are on Netflix, coz I love a bit of Herzog.

Into The Abyss - USA, Canada.
    Into The Abyss was originally conceived as a 5 part series of interviews with convicts on death row. One was expanded in to this feature length documentary. The Other 4 episodes are a series called On Death Row, and are on Netflix Germany.

Grizzly Man - Argentina, Mexico, Brazil

Happy People: A Year in The Taiga - USA, Canada

Cave Of Forgotten Dreams - USA. Don't know if this is available in 3D, I saw it in the cinema in 3D, and it worked really well.

Incident At Loch Ness - Nordic countries. A mockumentary, if you will.

Nice one Bozo!

The documentary Herzog did on texting and driving is on there somewhere as is Encounters at the End of the World. The latter is like a comedy doc with Herzog's voiceover taking the piss out of the people on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Ageyev wrote: »
    Nice one Bozo!

The documentary Herzog did on texting and driving is on there somewhere as is Encounters at the End of the World. The latter is like a comedy doc with Herzog's voiceover taking the piss out of the people on camera.
    I forgot to add Encounters At The End Of The World, US, Canada.
    Haven't seen the texting and driving one, From One Second To The Next, US, but I'll watch that soon.
    My Best Fiend is not on Netflix, but well worth a watch if you haven't seen it. A documentary about his working relationship with Klaus Kinski.
    Speaking of which, Aguirre: The Wrath Of God, Fitzcarraldo, and Nosferatu The Vampyre are 3 magnificent Herzog films, I wish they were on Netflix.

• Advertisement

More Herzog would be good. I found Bad Lieutenant on one of the regions earlier but of course forgot which one! Really good fun film I thought even if daft as a bag of badgers. The Netflix rating was only like three stars.

I'd like to see Netflix do monthly features on actors/directors where they promotes a bunch of related films.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

is there anybody who hasn't seen every episode 45000 times?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It depresses me greatly when I think of the massive back catalogue of classic, world and independent cinema that could have been procured for the same money they spent on frickin' Friends :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Nothing wrong with Friends. It can't have been expensive at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

It depresses me greatly when I think of the massive back catalogue of classic, world and independent cinema that could have been procured for the same money they spent on frickin' Friends :(

At least you can enjoy more films of Adam Sandler getting hit in the nuts to compensate

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Django Unchained added to Netflix Netherlands.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nymphomaniac volumes 1 & 2 seem to be on the Irish site now also.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nymphomaniac volumes 1 & 2 seem to be on the Irish site now also.

has been for a while

I assume the excitement caused by Friends being added means it's not on at least 4 times a day in the US? It hasn't been off the air here (or in the UK) since it ended.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I assume the excitement caused by Friends being added means it's not on at least 4 times a day in the US? It hasn't been off the air here (or in the UK) since it ended.

Yeah, it's been on a continuous loop on Comedy central here for over a year as far I can see.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's been on a continuous loop on Comedy central here for over a year as far I can see.

it finished on ch4&E4 after showing it over and over and went stright to comedy central showing it over and over .
    screensaver for your tv

Yeah, e4 had it first and showed at least 2 eps a day and then loads at the weekend. Then they gave it up and Comedy Central bought it and show at least 4 episodes everyday, sometimes more. It has literally, and I mean literally, been on at least once every day for the past 10 years.

Would have been better if it was all seasons of Seinfeld being added in Jan 2015 :(

Would have been better if it was all seasons of Seinfeld being added in Jan 2015 :(

Seinfeld hinted that they were in talks with Netflix during his Reddit AMA a few months back.

He has clearly embraced the digital age, but his TV show, the one that helped define the ’90s, still isn’t available for streaming. During a Reddit Q&A in July, someone asked Seinfeld when the show might make it to Netflix. Seinfeld’s answer was cryptic, but hopeful: “These conversations are presently taking place.”

http://www.sfgate.com/performance/article/Jerry-Seinfeld-Comic-stays-in-driver-s-seat-5825428.php

Friends is in syndication in the States and is making $4m an episode so you can imagine how much Netflix are paying to get all 10 seasons.

Seinfeld has made over $3Billion since it went into syndication so you can also imagine it won't come cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Not really. I think TBS show it once or twice a day. But Seinfeld is on tv a lot and people here still want it on Netflix. People like me :D

EyeSight wrote: »
    Not really. I think TBS show it once or twice a day. But Seinfeld is on tv a lot and people here still want it on Netflix. People like me :D

I have every Seinfeld episode on dvd and still want it on netflix :D

It would just be so handy to have all the episodes in one place rather than 4 or 5 per dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I have every Seinfeld episode on dvd and still want it on netflix :D

It would just be so handy to have all the episodes in one place rather than 4 or 5 per dvd.

I'm the same. I always watch a show on Netflix rather than on DVD. It's so much handier not having to change disc at the end of every fourth episode of 24.

Netflix is making me so lazy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Still watching The 4400 on Netflix and I have to say it is very very good.

I watched Prison Break, started watching Lost and now this!

I think I've a thing for decade old television :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement