Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

That's what I love about it, to be honest. Great opportunity to watch things I've missed.

I'm cueing up West Wing and Twin Peaks at the minute for when I'm done with House of Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Sweet, We Are the Best! is on the Irish Netflix.

One of my favourite movies of the last few years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm the same. I always watch a show on Netflix rather than on DVD. It's so much handier not having to change disc at the end of every fourth episode of 24.

Netflix is making me so lazy.

same thing with me and i get to stop it anywhere i want and netflix remembers and i can go browsing. its common enough now that id be watching a series and reading other stuff at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just when I was giving up on Netflix I discover The Thick of It. What a show! All 4 seasons done in about two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Watched a movie called "A Hijacking" the other day. V enjoyable movie about a ship getting taken over by Somali pirates and the efforts to get them back.

Subtitled Scandanavian movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Deskjockey wrote: »
    Watched a movie called "A Hijacking" the other day. V enjoyable movie about a ship getting taken over by Somali pirates and the efforts to get them back.

Subtitled Scandanavian movie.

Was Tom Hanks' non-union Scandinavian equivalent in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

If you haven't seen it, give Whitechapel a go. There's 3 seasons up on Netflix, and there is a fourth. Wasn't renewed after that though.

If there is one series I'd love for Netflix to pick up, and continue, it would be this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

If you haven't seen it, give Whitechapel a go. There's 3 seasons up on Netflix, and there is a fourth. Wasn't renewed after that though.

If there is one series I'd love for Netflix to pick up, and continue, it would be this.

Sat and watched them the other day. Harmless stuff but never really warmed to it myself. Great idea for a show just missed the mark for me. There's a lot worse than that gets renewed mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Sat and watched them the other day. Harmless stuff but never really warmed to it myself. Great idea for a show just missed the mark for me. There's a lot worse than that gets renewed mind.

Series 1 & 2 were good, 3 &4, really got me hooked, starts to get dark and supernaturally, and then "**** you, no more."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Just when I was giving up on Netflix I discover The Thick of It. What a show! All 4 seasons done in about two weeks.

Don't forget to check out the spin off movie 'In the Loop' if you haven't already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Separate threads for film & TV
    This might actually make cancel!!

Is Simon Cowell about to launch an entertainment show with Netflix?
    Los ANGELES (Variety.com) - CANNES -- Simon Cowell, whose U.K. version of "The X Factor" has been sold to 147 territories worldwide since April, is mulling a number of new projects, including a pan-regional talent show and a deal for an entertainment show that could involve a streaming service like Netflix.

During an interview with six journalists at TV market Mipcom in Cannes, where he was honored as Personality of the Year on Tuesday, Cowell hinted at the shows he had in development, while keeping his cards close to the chest.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/news/sns-rt-variety-entertainmemt1vrt1201330340-20141014-story.html?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+orlandosentinel%2Fentertainment+%28OrlandoSentinel.com+-+Entertainment%29

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'm not sure that kind of show would work on a format like Netflix. They're more Saturday evening watch together while mocking/complaining on twitter kind of shows. They're not something you'd watch on your own at completely different times to anyone else. At least I don't think so.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This might actually make cancel!!

Is Simon Cowell about to launch an entertainment show with Netflix?

Adam Sandler is set to host :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭delboy85

Quiet bat people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Don't forget to check out the spin off movie 'In the Loop' if you haven't already.

Watched it last night. Was very good, could have had more Tucker moments (although I think I will now say every TV show/movie could have more Malcolm Tucker.)

Couple of the highlights:

"Hey, ease up on the curse words alright"
    "Kiss my sweaty balls you fat f*ck!"

and also
    Toby claiming he slept with Liza to try and avoid the war.
    Brilliant stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

The second best UK sitcom of all time. Second only to Fawlty Towers imho.

I watched it from start to finish twice within 5 months and Im tempted to watch it again in full in a few more months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It's good but it is no Partridge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Is the search function on Moreflicks.com always so temperamental?

My first time having a look at it tonight and probably my last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Is the search function on Moreflicks.com always so temperamental?

My first time having a look at it tonight and probably my last.

I've been trying to get on the site all evening but it wasn't working, nothing coming up. Am using Android browser. I checked one of those websites to see if it was offline but they said it was up.

It usually works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

ShaneU wrote: »
    Was Tom Hanks' non-union Scandinavian equivalent in it?

Haven't seen Captain Phillips so don't really get your reference there, but think I read that this one was made before, or at the same time as the Tom Hanks one

• Advertisement

Is Halloween (1978) on any Netflix region?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Synode wrote: »

Moreflicks was down yesterday so I couldn't check :)

Halloween seems to be unavailable to buy on blu-ray too, in shops anyway :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Theoriginal Frightnight is on Netflix UK/Ireland with Roddy McDowall really love that film and beats the hell out the Colin Farrell remake!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Netflix is teaming up with Leonardo DiCaprio to release the documentary Virunga.
    The film from director Orlando von Einsiedel centers on the conflict between park rangers striving to protect endangered gorillas from poachers and industry encroaching on their habitats in Virunga National Park in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/netflix-leonardo-dicaprio-teaming-documentary-741833

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Not a recommendation.

Netflix sent me an email saying 'I am Number Four' is a new arrival to Netflix Ireland. I'm fairly certain it was there before and taken down so not really sure how it can be consider a 'new' arrival. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Watched John Carter today on Irish Netflix, watchable nonsense, bit all over the place but killed a couple of hours (and probably a few brain cells).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Has anyone watched Damages with Glenn Close? I'm not sure if I love it or hate it. I find myself getting really annoyed at the pace of it but enjoy other aspects. I'm 10 episodes into a 13 episode season so I'll finish this one and take it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭delboy85

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Has anyone watched Damages with Glenn Close? I'm not sure if I love it or hate it. I find myself getting really annoyed at the pace of it but enjoy other aspects. I'm 10 episodes into a 13 episode season so I'll finish this one and take it from there

Just recently finished "Damages". Absolutely loved it (for the most part). The non-linear storytelling can be a little frustrating at times but Glenn Close is outstanding in it.

• Advertisement

Ageyev wrote: »
    Does Netflix do any seasonal special promotions with their movie library? It's halloween in a few weeks and I would have expected a special section on all of the apps plugging some halloween and horror films.

The horror section leaves something to be desiredal across various regions. I don't even think John Carpenter's original Halloween is available :confused:

Same deal with Christmas films, there's a few of the classics but I'd have expected way more. This is my first year on Netflix so am still a newbie.

Saw on PS3 that there's a "Halloween Favourites" section. Best of the bunch would be Blair Witch, Carrie, The Mist, Fright Night and American Werewolf in London.

Drag me To Hell is up there too but I've not seen it. Sinister is a recent one that has a few scares in it and isn't too bad.

All on Ireland region.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement