Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    Oak76 wrote: »
    I thought there was going to be a heavily edited version for the US market. I seem to remember a lot of anger towards Weinstein because of it.

The makers dug their heels in which is why Weinstein basically buried it and it only got a limited cinema release. I'm not sure it even made it to Irish screens in the end?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah but it never happened. Weinstein wanted to re-cut the film in exchange for giving it a proper US theatrical release, but Bong refused. Harvey then dumped the film to one of his VOD subsidiaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Corvo

Upcoming for Netflix Ireland/UK in November.

3rd - Blackfish
    3rd - House MD (Seasons 1 - 8)
    3rd - The Office (Season 8)
    7th - Virunga
    9th - Robocop 2014.
    11th - The Past
    14th - Monsters Inc
    14th - Mulan
    14th - Chelsea Peretti: One of the Greats
    21st - Lillyhammer (season 3)
    23rd - Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas
    24th - Jack Reacher
    24th - Exhibition
    26th - Veggie Tales In The House (Season 1)
    28th - Out of the Furnace
    28th - Bill Cosby: 77

http://vodzilla.co/blog/coming-soon-to-netflix/top-14-new-releases-coming-soon-to-netflix-uk-in-november-2014/

Has anyone seen this in other regions?

Jodorowsky's Dune is on the Canadian version.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Yeah but it never happened. Weinstein wanted to re-cut the film in exchange for giving it a proper US theatrical release, but Bong refused. Harvey then dumped the film to one of his VOD subsidiaries.

Weinstein strikes me as possibly the biggest wanker in Hollywood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Is anyone else having problems with Netflix on the PS4 everything just stops at 25% ive changed the settings but its still happening,just to be clear im not looking for any work arounds etc just wondering if its only on my end or maybe its the same with more people thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Is anyone else having problems with Netflix on the PS4 everything just stops at 25% ive changed the settings but its still happening,just to be clear im not looking for any work arounds etc just wondering if its only on my end or maybe its the same with more people thanks.

Usually when something on Netflix only loads 25% it's a connection problem. Turn on/off your wifi and PS4 after logging out of Netflix. Turn back on your wifi and PS4 and log back in and see what happens.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Opps, wrong thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

That's great re: Snowpiercer then, and fair play to Bong Joon-ho. That's my Saturday afternoon sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Rida

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Usually when something on Netflix only loads 25% it's a connection problem. Turn on/off your wifi and PS4 after logging out of Netflix. Turn back on your wifi and PS4 and log back in and see what happens.

Hey I've this issue too can't get it sorted are there new DNS codes?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Rida wrote: »
    Hey I've this issue too can't get it sorted are there new DNS codes?

I genuinely don't know, sorry. Only reason I renrnber is cuz anytime my connection is poor my Netflix only loads 25%. Usually turning off and on the wifi/PS4/Netflix works for me. Simple but hey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

A few recent streams have drifted in and out of hd. Used to think that pausing the title for a few mins would help but doesn't seen to be doing the trick. Nothing wrong with my connection either.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭metroburgers

The Lady in No. 6 (98% Rotten Tomatoes)

Under the Skin (86% Rotten Tomatoes)

Two good films on Canadian Netflix!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Roquentin wrote: »
    for me breaking bad/true detective/the sopranos is the template.

I'd have to throw The Wire in there and, to be honest, I think Orange Is The New Black is right up there also...

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

When i get those ;-) dns errors i sign netflix out of everthing. Re-enter dns then sign back in . Prob usually solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Weinstein strikes me as possibly the biggest wanker in Hollywood.

Unauthorized: The Harvey Weinstein Project is on the Ireland Netflix if you're interested. I remember it being alright but a generally positive portrayal overall.

Empire Records is on UK/Ireland now. Classic 90's film about a bunch of slackers who work in a record shop. starring young Liv Tyler, young Renee Zelwegger and a bunch of others. Great soundtrack too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Big update to UK/Ireland Netflix yesterday including 8 seasons of House M.D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

The 100 Is on Canadian Netflix, great programme

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

flazio wrote: »
    Big update to UK/Ireland Netflix yesterday including 8 seasons of House M.D.

There only seems to be a handful? :confused:

http://www.moreflicks.com/search?query=&ccat=movies&ctg=new_arrivals

• Advertisement

IvaBigWun wrote: »

41 new additions yesterday... http://netflix.maft.uk/

Stretch the newest one from Joe Carnahan is on the US netflix. It only got a vod release in the states a few weeks back

Just watched Stretch and its the kind of inspired absurdity that cinema could do with more often. It's like an acid trip version of Drive, only ten times more insane than you imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

I just tried to find the taking of Deborah Logan and couldn't find on Irish Netflix is it on it?Watched The Hunt enjoyed that and headhunters very good too.Glad I found this thread I'm writing a list of suggestions your all given and crossing them off as I go.Keep them coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Anyone know which region has the third series of Person of Interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Finished American Horror Story:Coven tonight and by God was it a disappointment. Really really poor after two excellent first seasons.

I hope Freak Show gets the show back on form as it's been one of my favourites up to now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

adox wrote: »
    Finished American Horror Story:Coven tonight and by God was it a disappointment. Really really poor after two excellent first seasons.

I hope Freak Show gets the show back on form as it's been one of my favourites up to now.

I'm loving it so far and Jessica Lange's cover of Gods & Monsters... Wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭SScope

Anyone know if there's a way to find out if a show has been removed from different regions?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm loving it so far and Jessica Lange's cover of Gods & Monsters... Wow!

It gets worse as it goes on unfortunately until it cant decide what its trying to say or do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

SScope wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a way to find out if a show has been removed from different regions?

Thanks

Moreflicks.com will tell you what region stuff is on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement