Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Separate threads for film & TV
    So I just finished watching a film called The Experiment based off the Stanford Prison Experiment I believe.

Stars Adrien Brody, Forest Whittaker and Cam Gigandet, basically a group of men get sent to a mock prison in return for cash.

Half of them prisoners and half of them guards.

Was an extremely interesting film.

Definitely worth a watch IMO!

Very good film, lots of suspense as far as I remember. Forest Whittaker is very good in it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Very good film, lots of suspense as far as I remember. Forest Whittaker is very good in it

There definitely was that alright!

It was one of those films personally where I hate what's going on in it but I just can't look away!

A but explicit at times but other than that it is really good.

That along with The Mist makes me think I've gotten my €7 worth this month haha!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So I just finished watching a film called The Experiment based off the Stanford Prison Experiment I believe.

Stars Adrien Brody, Forest Whittaker and Cam Gigandet, basically a group of men get sent to a mock prison in return for cash.

Half of them prisoners and half of them guards.

Was an extremely interesting film.

Definitely worth a watch IMO!

For anyone else interested in this, try check out the German original "Das Experiment". Much better imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The 100 Is on Canadian Netflix, great programme

Season 1 is now on US and season 2 appears to be getting added as it airs on Canada. I like it when they do that, hope to see it become more common.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

No Hollywood ending thats for sure.

Its a great film and yeah the ending is amazing, however for me Marcia Gay Harden made that film, genuinely hated her character so much in that film and for all the right reasons. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its a great film and yeah the ending is amazing, however for me Marcia Gay Harden made that film, genuinely hated her character so much in that film and for all the right reasons. :)

It also showed me Frank Darabont should be the only man allowed to make films from Stephen King books.

Son of Batman added to Netflix Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Personally I preferred it without Carrell. James Spader was a decent addition and Andy Bernard got a more central role, probably my favourite character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Earthhorse wrote: »

Also, Season 8 of The US Office has been added. Been told it's not the same without Steve Carrell but going to give the first episode a goo here and see how I get on.

The US Office is possibly one of the greatest sitcoms ever.I guess season 9 will be up some time next year?

Personally I preferred it without Carrell. James Spader was a decent addition and Andy Bernard got a more central role, probably my favourite character

I hated Spader in it. He's a great actor and all but I just didnt think he fit in the office.

Along with Seinfeld my favourite tv comedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

I hated Spader in it. He's a great actor and all but I just didnt think he fit in the office.

Along with Seinfeld my favourite tv comedy.

It wasnt the same without Carrell but in fairness the best of them all was Dwight K. Schrute

“I have not told even half of what I saw." Marco Polo. Only on Netflix, 12th December.

10522680_570274759741252_3384491543986953252_n.jpg?oh=d353584f9c1c8035db8965759af3752a&oe=54D882A8

Monsters Inc. added to Netflix Ireland/UK.

The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby..Him, Her & Them added to Netflix France.

Anchorman 2: The legend continues added to Netflix Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Slightly off topic, and I apologise if wrong thread but did not want to start a new one for a question. Is there anywhere you can find a list of what is on Netflix Ireland? I have googled and cant seem to find anything comprehensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

dirtyden wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, and I apologise if wrong thread but did not want to start a new one for a question. Is there anywhere you can find a list of what is on Netflix Ireland? I have googled and cant seem to find anything comprehensive.

Someone posted this before, apologies, can't remember who. Anyway

http://netflixirelandcompletelist.blogspot.com/?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Peaky Blinders Season 2 now on Netflix US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

dirtyden wrote: »

Try this website ......... http://whats-on-netflix.com/

It tells you all the new editions to Netflix (UK) every Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Fruitvale Station on Canadian Netflix is a bit of a hidden gem about a guy's life before he ends up getting killed by Transit cops. True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone know if the Twin Peaks movie is on any region?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

da_hambo wrote: »
    Fruitvale Station on Canadian Netflix

Good film, is there any need for the spoiler though?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Good film, is there any need for the spoiler though?
    Well considering that is all in the description of the movie on Netflix menu then Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

da_hambo wrote: »
    Well considering that is all in the description of the movie on Netflix menu then Yes.

And I'd even argue that not knowing the outcome in advance (it is a true story after all) would lessen the impact of the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Fruitvale Station is very good. The description mentioned is not really a spoiler. Would agree with Footoo that it aids the film knowing what it is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lilyhammer season 3 is available tomorrow on Netflix Ireland. Really enjoyed first 2 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Lilyhammer season 3 is available tomorrow on Netflix Ireland. Really enjoyed first 2 seasons

That was quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Hinterland is on US Netflix. It was on s4c and BBC Wales before BBC4. Quite grim but definitely going for the scandi drama feel. I enjoyed it anyway. In English and Welsh.

Happy Valley is on there too, excellent drama from BBC 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Hinterland is on US Netflix. It was on s4c and BBC Wales before BBC4. Quite grim but definitely going for the scandi drama feel. I enjoyed it anyway. In English and Welsh.

Happy Valley is on there too, excellent drama from BBC 1

I watched hinterland over the last few days. Barring a lead who spends all his time looking like he's sucking a lemon its not bad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement