Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

The Art of Flight.

A feature documentary following a group of snow boarders around the world as they hurtle down various mountains. The photography is absolutely spectacular, well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Separate threads for film & TV
    and 'the taking of pelham 213' the superb original movie . gritty thriller , way way way better than the remake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Wedwood wrote: »
    The Art of Flight.

A feature documentary following a group of snow boarders around the world as they hurtle down various mountains. The photography is absolutely spectacular, well worth a watch.

I watch it regularly.
    Superb soundtrack, and some hilariously stereotypical bonafide boarder talk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Folks, want to watch a movie tonight on Netflix. Torn between these;
    Mr Brooks
    Super 8
    Enders Game
    Cowboys and Aliens

what do ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Folks, want to watch a movie tonight on Netflix. Torn between these;
    Mr Brooks
    Super 8
    Enders Game
    Cowboys and Aliens

what do ye reckon?

Mr Brooks for me surprised by how good it was.... Then Super 8..Then Enders Game..Last Cowboys and Aliens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Cube added today in the Irish Netflix.
    Happy days, haven't seen it in years!!

Also added to Netflix Ireland/Uk

Pretty Little Liars all 5 seasons to date and new episodes added every Thursday after it airs Stateside.

Sons of Anarchy season 6.

Stargate Universe 2 seasons.

The Tomorrow People season 1.

90210 season 4.

Also big updates across most regions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Also big updates across most regions.

Moreflicks is showing nada updates for the US and Canada regions.

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Moreflicks is showing nada updates for the US and Canada regions.

Moreflicks is good to find out if something you want is on Netflix/Hulu etc that's all really.

There are plenty of Blog sites and Facebook pages that update what is added daily across the regions.

This is the one I use.

http://us.whatsnewonnetflix.com/

Oblivion added to Netflix Netherlands.

• Advertisement

This is the one I use.

http://us.whatsnewonnetflix.com/

Thanks. Despite looking as bad as the Powercity site it's very useful so far :pac:

I see all of the Friends episodes were added today. That will make someone's January alone.

Other US additions catching my eye:

Big Fish
    The original Robocop
    Mystic River
    Cast Away
    Deep Impact (there was always something ridiculously watchable about that film)
    Notting Hill

Canada

The Big Lebowski
    The Iron Giant
    Ted
    Cloud Atlas
    Kiss The Girls

France

Rectify Season 1

All in all some very worthy additions in the past two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Just a quick question re those watching the USA Netflix.

I got *snip* to access the US Netflix catalogue, but found the quality was poor as the picture stuttered. When I asked about it, I was told it was because the signal was travelling across the Atlantic the quality was dropping. Eventually got rid of it and went back to The local version.

Do others using the US version have the same problem ? (Ps my download speed is 150k so that shouldn't be the problem)

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wedwood wrote: »
    Just a quick question re those watching the USA Netflix.

I got *snip* to access the US Netflix catalogue, but found the quality was poor as the picture stuttered. When I asked about it, I was told it was because the signal was travelling across the Atlantic the quality was dropping. Eventually got rid of it and went back to The local version.

Do others using the US version have the same problem ? (Ps my download speed is 150k so that shouldn't be the problem)

Cheers.

I use those as well and switch between many regions and the stream quality is the exact same as the Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Unhappy news for those enjoying and hoping to continue enjoying the ability to region switch.
    Don't update your android apps if you do want the facility.

http://torrentfreak.com/netflix-cracks-down-on-vpn-and-proxy-pirates-150103/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torrentfreak+%28Torrentfreak%29&utm_content=FaceBook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Unhappy news for those enjoying and hoping to continue enjoying the ability to region switch.

http://torrentfreak.com/netflix-cracks-down-on-vpn-and-proxy-pirates-150103/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torrentfreak+%28Torrentfreak%29&utm_content=FaceBook

I doubt they will do much to completely stop the practice. It is too valuable for them. They will do enough to make it look like they are trying to the movie companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

VPN pirates? What are these clowns smoking? How can they have a the cheek to label people paying for their content through Netflix pirates? All limiting content will achieve is to reduce the number of people subscribing, and chances are that they will probably torrent what's not available.. This stupid regional licencing crap is the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

They will lose a lot of Subs in uk and Ireland if this does happen

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I will unsubscribe straight away if it becomes the case.

adox wrote: »
    I will unsubscribe straight away if it becomes the case.

Same. If a certain bear app I use to tunnel to different countries is blocked then I'll be saying goodbye to Netflix.

There's nothing on there that I can't find on illegal stream sites, the reason for still using Netflix is convenience. It takes one click with Netflix and a few with the other sites. It's Documentaries section is also excellent, but only on the Canada and US regions.

Don't fûck this up Netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Can this thread maybe get back on track?

Theres enuff content in Irish Netflix for a thread to work. Maybe the ban will stop all the recommendations for content from other regions.

Read the OP's first post BTW... if this thread was properly moderated most of ye would have slap already if not a ban.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OK folks, enough of this discussion. Back to recommendations please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I saw Polisse and Locke last night and I recommend them both, although admittedly they might not be to everybody's taste (Polisse especially).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

It was recommended here a while back and I finally got around to watching it and want to bring more awareness to it again: Headhunters. Just watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It was recommended here a while back and I finally got around to watching it and want to bring more awareness to it again: Headhunters. Just watch it!

Yup,a great great thriller.

Love/Hate seasons one and two are on Netherlands region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

I heard "The Killing" is good - what do ye think?

Starts well. Goes to shîte.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Watching this atm - at episode 8, series 1 (original Denmark version).

I'm enjoying it - when I saw it was 20 episodes, thought it might drag out a bit but it has kept my interest so far.

Will watch the remake after this.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Starts well. Goes to shîte.

true. i remember thinking those two must have been the worst detectives in the world

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement