Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Starts well. Goes to shîte.

still watchin... in season 3. still like it so far, and the missus loves it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

yankinlk wrote: »
    still watchin... in season 3. still like it so far, and the missus loves it.

You must have projected yourself into the future so as there's only two seasons ;)

So sorry, it's been a long day. I read "The Killing" as "The Fall" for some reason :pac:

Nothing to see here. Move along.

<_<

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Separate threads for film & TV
    You must have projected yourself into the future so as there's only two seasons ;)

There is 4 seasons in the US version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

the us remake has 4 seasons (well, 3.5) the first case was split over 2 seasons, the second case was season 3, and season 3.5 was shorter and dealt with the aftermath of season 3. its actually very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I enjoyed the first season of The Killing (Danish version) though it's a bit slow and a little contrived at times.

Finding it hard to get into the 2nd season though.

Spotted on German Netflix: Collapse. A great documentary based on one guy's theories that the world is, well, focked basically.

Said man has since put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

the us remake has 4 seasons (well, 3.5) the first case was split over 2 seasons, the second case was season 3, and season 3.5 was shorter and dealt with the aftermath of season 3. its actually very good.

is danish version worth watching after the us version? or are they too similar?

The Danish one is better I think.

The same with The Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

The Danish one pisses all over the U.S. remake and is essential viewing, some of the best tv out there.

Same with The Bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Earthhorse wrote: »
    I enjoyed the first season of The Killing (Danish version) though it's a bit slow and a little contrived at times.

Finding it hard to get into the 2nd season though.

Glad I wasn't alone, I found the second one harder to warm to too. I didn't bother with the third.
    I still recommend season 1 though, it was great. I think maybe it had more of an emotional anchor with there being a family involved and generally more fleshed out characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I prefered Forbrydelsen (Danish The Killing) to the US one. First series was great if a few episodes too long. Found second series to be daft (there's a trip to Afghanistan which comes off as corny). Don't remember much about third series.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Is the third series of the Danish Killing on Netflix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Spotted on German Netflix: Collapse. A great documentary based on one guy's theories that the world is, well, focked basically.

Said man has since put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

"Focked" how exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Too reliant on oil etc

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Is the third series of the Danish Killing on Netflix?

Unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

The first two seasons of Rake (the original version Australian) are on netflix, highly recommend this show

adox wrote: »
    The Danish one pisses all over the U.S. remake and is essential viewing, some of the best tv out there.

Same with The Bridge.

Does the Danish version have the awesome Holderisms?

If anyone is interested in magic or illusion... Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay has been added to Netflix Ireland.

Ricky is one of the greatest at sleight-of-hand and card tricks and card throwing and just an all round interesting guy to listen too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The first two seasons of Rake (the original version Australian) are on netflix, highly recommend this show

Just watched first episode, excellent. Great recommendation, thanks.

• Advertisement

I thought the Ricky Jay doc had too much talking and not enough magic. I didn't finish watching it mind.

I watched that Collapse documentary. That guy was all over the shop. He was clutching at some sound ideas here and there but definitely on the wrong side of the conspiracy theory track. It held my attention for a good hour.

Watched Locke last night. It's fine, an easy enough watch/listen. Could have worked as a podcast since while the late night photography is nice, you may tire of it. Hardy's facials are good but there's not much else to keep your eyes glued to the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Decuc500

If anyone is interested in magic or illusion... Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay has been added to Netflix Ireland.

Ricky is one of the greatest at sleight-of-hand and card tricks and card throwing and just an all round interesting guy to listen too.

He was in Dublin last year for the film festival. It was great to see him and listen to him talk. Really good film as well. A real highlight of last years festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ageyev wrote: »

Watched Locke last night. It's fine, an easy enough watch/listen. Could have worked as a podcast since while the late night photography is nice, you may tire of it. Hardy's facials are good but there's not much else to keep your eyes glued to the screen.

I enjoyed it.

Its only 1hr 15m which was a wise move.

Hardy's accent seemed to drift from Welsh to German to me on ocassion.

Was the Irish guy on the other end of the phone Andrew Scott?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

noodler wrote: »
    I enjoyed it.

yup, he's in the credits anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

noodler wrote: »
    I enjoyed it.

Watched it myself over the weekend, missed it in the cinema. I was expecting him to be all geezer so was surprised to find him so soft spoken.

First time he came to my notice was in The Take and I thought he was great then so have made an effort to try watch anything he's in if I get a chance. He's the only reason I watched Bronson which I wouldn't have been bothered watching otherwise.

Fantasia added to Netflix US.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Post apocalypticx Australian film with Guy Pearce, The Rover has been added to the south american catalogs.

Muppets Most Wanted is on the Netherlands.

Zero Dark Thirty added to Canada too, never actually seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Post apocalypticx Australian film with Guy Pearce, The Rover has been added to the south american catalogs.

Muppets Most Wanted is on the Netherlands.

Zero Dark Thirty added to Canada too, never actually seen it.

Zero Dark Thirty is well worth a watch. Edge of the seat stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Roquentin wrote: »
    very interesting to watch

I watched the 1st episode of Marco Polo and they are most interesting indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Is it true that season 1 of Marco polo had a budget of $100m? If so, that's absolutely insane since game of thrones seasons usually cost ~$60m. Is it on the same level cinematically?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement