Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

90, I think, they must have spent it on the women, would have been better used to make better battle scenes, good story line, pity it was not done better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Great sign that they're showing total willingness to have a high budget to bring original content to compete with the likes of the top networks like HBO and Showtime and not just the smaller ones like FX. Looks like they're not afraid to have their shows rated 18s too which is always a strong point for TV series (no silly censorship or dancing around violence or nudity which takes away from the authenticity)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    Tracks is on the Canadian site and Frank with Michael Fassbender is on the US site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Shred

The first two seasons of Rake (the original version Australian) are on netflix, highly recommend this show

I watched the first episode of this and enjoyed it. At first I thought the main character was played by Sean Pertwee: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0675730/?ref_=tt_cl_t13

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I've been trying to watch the original version of the killing but so far all I've gotten from it is that everyone in denmark is an irritating, myopic twat.

This cast make Lars Ulrich look normal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Bambi wrote: »
    I've been trying to watch the original version of the killing but so far all I've gotten from it is that everyone in denmark is an irritating, myopic twat.

This cast make Lars Ulrich look normal

Blasfemi! (Google translate tells me that's blasphemy in Danish)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Blasfemi! (Google translate tells me that's blasphemy in Danish)

Yeah, it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

May, an underrated horror movie from 12 years back has been added today. If you haven't seen it I would recommend catching it. Doesn't really have a familiar cast apart from Anna Farris from the Scary Movie series and Jeremy Sisto from Clueless and Six Feet Under but definitely different from the types of movies being released at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Couldn't sleep so ended up watching Blue Ruin at about 5.30 this morning... not bad at all. Worth checking out. Thought Macon Blair was very good in it, he has this 'weirdness' about him that was perfect for the character, kind of makes the viewer uneasy even as they naturally want to root for him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2359024/?ref_=nv_sr_3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

pantani the documentary is very good. sad how he was thrown out by the very people who used him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Is there a specific reason why Borgen is not on Netflix? They have a fair bit of Scandinavian stuff across various regions but the omission of Borgen seems like a poor decision. Has it something to do with BBC having the English broadcast rights? Afaik the show is no longer on their online player.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pedalare Pedalare!

Roquentin wrote: »
    pantani the documentary is very good. sad how he was thrown out by the very people who used him

+1 Such a great documentary. Have gone through a few of the 30 for 30s on US Netflix and they're just great watches from start to finish. Particular favourite for me at the minute is the Fab Five.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

+1 Such a great documentary. Have gone through a few of the 30 for 30s on US Netflix and they're just great watches from start to finish. Particular favourite for me at the minute is the Fab Five.

must check them out too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

must check them out too

If Once Brothers is still there check it out. Best episode they have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Couldn't sleep so ended up watching Blue Ruin at about 5.30 this morning... not bad at all. Worth checking out. Thought Macon Blair was very good in it, he has this 'weirdness' about him that was perfect for the character, kind of makes the viewer uneasy even as they naturally want to root for him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2359024/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Did you recognize Buzz from Home Alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Did you recognize Buzz from Home Alone?

:D

Yes... eventually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Bootros Bootros

Better off TED is an excellent office based comedy. U.S. version.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

must check them out too
    stuchyg wrote: »
    If Once Brothers is still there check it out. Best episode they have done.

30 for 30 Catching Hell is right up there with one of the best not just in the 30 for 30 series.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Frank is on the USA region.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Noah added to Netflix Canada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

30 for 30 Catching Hell is right up there with one of the best not just in the 30 for 30 series.

Watched the Tonya Harding Nancy Kerrigan one a few nights back. Its brilliant

What region is this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Don't know if it has already been mentioned or not but i found a great documentary last night i came across a couple of years back called Dear Zachary on the U.S netflix.

About a filmmaker who decides to memorialise a murdered friend when his friend's ex-girlfriend announces she is expecting his son, really packs a punch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Don't know if it has already been mentioned or not but i found a great documentary last night i came across a couple of years back called Dear Zachary on the U.S netflix.

About a filmmaker who decides to memorialise a murdered friend when his friend's ex-girlfriend announces she is expecting his son, really packs a punch.

Never watched it because I heard it's guaranteed to make you both cry and pissed off for days, and that was the general opinion of a forum full of bodybuilders lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

The Grand Budapest Hotel is on Netflix Canada.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

PWEI wrote: »
    The Grand Budapest Hotel is on Netflix Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Your better off not reading up on this before you watch it. The twist at the end is like a kick in the gut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

DVDM93 wrote: »

I haven't got around to watching it yet. :o
    I plan to watch it on Friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Its 'grand'. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

I really, really enjoyed it! Very funny and great cast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement