Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

DVDM93 wrote: »

if u like wes anderson style... fantastix mr fox, life aquatic, royal tenenbaums... then u will love it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Its 'grand'. :pac:

Did you stay for long? Was it expensive? What facilities did it offer? Leisure centre, B&B, late bar, etc... What is Budspest like as a place?

ivytwine wrote: »
    I really, really enjoyed it! Very funny and great cast.

Good :) I'm glad you liked it. What would you give it out of 10? 10 being the best. 0 being the worst.

yankinlk wrote: »
    if u like wes anderson style... fantastix mr fox, life aquatic, royal tenenbaums... then u will love it.

I have only seen FMF out of those 3. I enjoyed it. George Clooney makes an excellent fox tbf. He's foxy himself now that I think of it ;) lol hehe lol hehe lol hehe. It was Fantastic :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Good :) I'm glad you liked it. What would you give it out of 10? 10 being the best. 0 being the worst.

A good 8 I'd say (I never give 10s!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Don't know if it has already been mentioned or not but i found a great documentary last night i came across a couple of years back called Dear Zachary on the U.S netflix.

About a filmmaker who decides to memorialise a murdered friend when his friend's ex-girlfriend announces she is expecting his son, really packs a punch.

It's a touching story but the documentary is horribly made. I had seen it a few years ago and decided to watch it again a few nights ago. The editing is just awful and i turned it off to watch Werner Herzog's Into the Abyss again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

There's a really interesting two page interview with two of the head honcos at Netflix in the business section of the Independent today. In it they deny that they're planning to take any action to crack down on people using VPNs. Basically the message was that there's a certain amount that they have to do contractually but they've no intention of going beyond that.

Other highlights were that they plan long-term to have a single standard catalogue across all nations and that €5 in every €8 membership goes on payments for rights. This obviously doesn't include the costs of their own shows. It really wouldn't surprise me if the prices do go up a fair bit over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

yankinlk wrote: »

I think Grand Budapest could be more accessable to non wes anderson fans than his other films, ive watched them and some i like but not a fan by no means. I felt it stuck to a fairly easy to follow plot compared to a lot of his stuff but still had the quirkiness you associate with him. Thumbs up all the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

300: Rise of an Empire has been added to the Sweden/Norway/Finland/Denmark catalogues.

I'll give it a watch later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Guys what is the site someone linked to recently which shows the shows recently added and removed to the UK and US Netflix catalogues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Separate threads for film & TV
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    Guys what is the site someone linked to recently which shows the shows recently added and removed to the UK and US Netflix catalogues?

This is a UK one..

http://netflix.maft.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Beefy78 wrote: »

http://netflixukcompletelist.blogspot.com/

http://instantwatcher.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Season 2 of The Fall added to US and Canada Netflix yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Is there one region that has all the James Bond films? USA seems to have a few but not all.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Frank is on the American netflix, really enjoyed it when I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Ageyev wrote: »
    Is there one region that has all the James Bond films? USA seems to have a few but not all.

There isn't. USA is the only region with some of the older films.
    It has 3 Connery films (4 if you include the unofficial one), 3 Moore & The Living Daylights.

Skyfall is also on the USA one plus the South American & German regions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Is Frank any good? I see it's getting a lot of slating in the "Walk Of Shame" section of the Boards Films awards on here.

The Rover is on the Brazil region if anyone happens to be in that part of the world. Really good film, like a toned down Mad Max with Guy Pierce playing this drifter character who has a pained expression constantly etched on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Is Frank any good? I see it's getting a lot of slating in the "Walk Of Shame" section of the Boards Films awards on here.

My 2 cents:

I think it was slightly miss sold in the trailers? It got heavy press and plugging in Ireland (based on the filming connections) and UK (based on Frank Sidebottoms edgy/ punky nostalgia) I think a lot of people expected a funny movie with a slighty darker element. But it’s really quite a dark movie that moves very slow at times. I only watched it 2 weeks ago and I am still trying to understand it fully. It was good ( I wouldn’t say I enjoyed it?) but I can understand how so many people didn’t enjoy it or didn’t get the movie they were expecting based on the trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah, watched Frank last night.

It has some funny moments but overall quite dark.

• Advertisement

Frank

I managed 25 minutes of this.

Too slow.

Too dark (without the lols)

Too meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I was quite intrigued by Frank. It's a quirky drama with some weird comedic moments. It'd be a little like Wes andersons stuff that you'd either really like or loathe it or just not get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

I was quite intrigued by Frank. It's a quirky drama with some weird comedic moments. It'd be a little like Wes andersons stuff that you'd either really like or loathe it or just not get it.

Perhaps more with a very early wes anderson movie? (ie with much much less visual stimulation of his modern stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Feb's additions to US netflix

----

Feb. 1

"Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse"
    "Dark Ride"
    "Departures: Season 12"
    "Gimme Shelter"
    "Gucci: The Director"
    "Hot Pursuit"
    "Houseboat"
    "Into the Blue 2: The Reef"
    "Joe"
    "King Arthur"
    "Magic City: Season 1-2"
    "MASH: Season 1-5"
    "Naruto Shippuden: The Movie"
    "Now: In the Wings on a World Stage"
    "Proof"
    "Spartacus: Complete Series"
    "The Brothers Bloom"
    "We Could Be King"
    "We’re No Angels"
    "Zapped"

Feb. 5

"The Little Rascals Save the Day"

Feb. 6

"Ever After High: Spring Unsprung"
    "Danger 5"

Feb. 7

"Dead Snow: Read vs. Dead"
    "Elsa & Fred"

Feb. 8

"Blood Ties"
    "Catch Hell"

Feb. 10

"Dwight Howard: In the Moment"

Feb. 11

"Mr. Peabody & Sherman"

Feb. 12

"Young Ones"
    "The Two Faces of January"
    "Scary Movie 5"

Feb. 13

"Mako Mermaids: Season 2"

Feb. 16

"Save the Date"

Feb. 17

"The Overnighters"

Feb. 18

"Earth to Echo"
    "In Secret"
    "The Fluffy Movie"

Feb. 19

"White Bird in a Blizzard"

Feb. 20

"Richie Rich: Season 1"

Feb. 21

"RoboCop"

Feb. 24

"Hawaii Five-0: Season 1-4"
    "1,000 Times Good Night"

Feb. 26

"Open Windows"
    "Russell Brand: Messiah Complex"

Feb. 27

"Ralphie May: Unruly"
    "House of Cards: season 3

"MASH: Season 1-5"

Aces!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

"MASH" at last! Wish they'd stick on "Taxi" as well (70's comedy show)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

How dare they take 'Modern Family' away without my permission? :mad: I hadn't reached the last episodes in time.

Yours,
    Furious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The Interview goes onto US Netflix from Saturday...

http://9to5toys.com/2015/01/20/netflix-stream-the-interview-free/

Diairist wrote: »
    How dare they take 'Modern Family' away without my permission? :mad: I hadn't reached the last episodes in time.

Yours,
    Furious.

On all regions? That's a big loss to them if it's not coming back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the interview is coming to US & canadian netflix next week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement