Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    On all regions? That's a big loss to them if it's not coming back.

Modern Family is on Netherlands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Re couple of posts above this, The Interview is up on US and Canadian netflix from now, see what all the fuss was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Heres a List of all the movies leaving U.S netflix next month. Disappointed I wont get a chance to catch up on Red Dwarf. I'll have to see Batman Returns and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels for sure before there gone next week.

Leaving Feb. 1st

Blackadder: Seasons 1­-4
    A View to a Kill
    Airheads
    Apocalypse Now
    Apocalypse Now Redux
    Babes in Toyland
    Batman & Robin
    Batman Forever
    Batman Returns
    Cocoon: The Return
    Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
    Down Periscope
    Fawlty Towers: Seasons 1­-2
    For Your Eyes Only
    From Russia with Love
    Goldfinger
    Hotel Babylon: Seasons 1­-4
    Jane Eyre
    Live and Let Die
    Mad Max
    MASH
    MI­5: Seasons 1­-10
    Nacho Libre
    Never Say Never Again
    Red Dwarf: Seasons 1-­9
    Revenge
    School Daze
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie
    The Juror
    Wishmaster
    Zodiac
    Leaving Feb. 2nd

Jem and the Holograms: S1­-3
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: S1-­4
    Pound Puppies: S1-­3
    Transformers Prime: S1-3
    Transformers: Rescue Bots
    Leaving Feb. 5th

Arbitrage
    Leaving Feb. 23rd

Dredd
    Leaving Feb. 28th IGN Logo

Ali
    Monkey Trouble
    Panic Room

Sorry didn't realize I needed to put a space between the dates when it copied it from IGN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Re couple of posts above this, The Interview is up on US and Canadian netflix from now, see what all the fuss was about.

Watched The Interview on US Netflix last night. A bit disappointing.

The jokes were often too obvious (e.g. taking quotes from interviews Franco's TV host was conducting and abbreviating them for comic effect - which was already done better on the likes of The Colbert Report).

It's somewhat sad to see Franco - who proved himself an excellent actor in the likes of 127 Hours, one of my favourite films of the last half-decade - gurning and mincing so much.

This is definitely weaker than This is the End and Superbad, and possibly Pineapple Express as well (Danny McBride's absence was felt).

That said, I laughed a few times, and the surprisingly violent third act injected some energy into proceedings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

Far from a great comedy but once you turn your brain off The Interview is watchable for a few cheap laughs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Has anyone got a great Netflix search site for all regions? There's been some soso recommendation on here but there was a great one posted a couple of months back. Finding that post is the hard pard ;)

Any recommended sites should have:

A nice clean layout.

Search facilities for for all regions.

A "coming soon" section for all regions that names new arrivals and goes back more than one page. A recently recommended site couldnt do this.

Moreflicks.com

Netflixaroundtheworld.com

Series 1 - 5 of Community coming to netflix UK/IRE this Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Separate threads for film & TV
    I've tried giving it a go twice and it done nothing for me, the plaudits it gets doesn't seem to match what I watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Series 1 - 5 of Community coming to netflix UK/IRE this Sunday.

nice one, been looking to see this

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Incorrect... there are only four seasons of Community. There was however an exceptionally long break between season 3 and season 5. ;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Season 1 is good and Season 2 is brilliant but the quality drops a bit after that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Season 1 is good and Season 2 is brilliant but the quality drops a bit after that.

I'd argue Season 5 is up there with the best of them; Season 3 wobbled as the show became a bit too aware of it's own fandom and Season 4 was dreadful, but the the fifth run was incredibly strong imo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'd argue Season 5 is up there with the best of them; Season 3 wobbled as the show became a bit too aware of it's own fandom and Season 4 was dreadful, but the the fifth run was incredibly strong imo.

Sorry I thought only 4 seasons were getting added, I've not hot around to watching 5 yet. Delighted to hear its a return to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Getting constant tvp-811 on netflix on LG blu ray player since Sunday night, comes up half way through programmes and have to restart machine then comes up again, impossible to get through even 20 minute show, anyone else?

Mystery Road and Cold in July are on USA if you like tense crime/cop thriller/dramas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Ageyev wrote: »
    Mystery Road and Cold in July are on USA if you like tense crime/cop thriller/dramas.

Really liked Cold in July. Strange movie, couldn't really tell how it was gonna progress.

Will give Mystery Road a watch at the weekend.

Mystery Road is a slow burner, not really as 'thrilling" per se but it's a good cop investigating a murder in a one-horse town kinda thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Two excellent films that Ive only seen come up on the Netherlands Netflix are Layer Cake and Kick-Ass. Both sharing the same director in Matthew Vaughan too.

• Advertisement

No one else with the Netflix error? Must be an LG thing😢

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Looks to be working here Techno, just did a quick test.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Spielberg's Amazing Stories both seasons are now on Netflix US.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Ageyev wrote: »

Looks like Cold in July has been removed:(

OK now, must have being temporary problem m

Looks like Cold in July has been removed:(
    Canada region has it.
    http://www.moreflicks.com/titles/movies_cold-in-july_2014#

Plenty of movies added today, no new titles really but some good older ones Gorky Park Back to school Walking tall. Go to film fix New Film on Netflix wont let me post any links here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Michael Mann's sophomore directorial effort, The Keep, has popped up on Netflix UK/IE.

A supernatural horror set in ww2, it's a bit of a tonal and scripting mess, but a fascinating one all the same. 'Curate's Egg' I believe is the phrase often used: the film still has an ethereal, dreamlike quality to it that drew me in, in part due to the fantastic soundtrack by Tangerine Dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I watched Fish Tank recently, which is as good a drama I've seen in a long time.

• Advertisement

Better Call Saul is due on Netflix Feb 9th

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement