Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

accidental death of a cyclist was a good watch if it hasnt been mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Watched Mystery Road last night. Really well shot with the small outback Australian town thing coming across really well. The lead character was great, but there seemed to be a few gaps in the story. Maybe it was intentional, but it sort of left me scratching my head at the end of it.

Still a very good movie, it's bleak and there's a really cool bit of action at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Two questions: is The Americans series 2 on Netflix?

Any date for A Walk Among the Tombstones to show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Ageyev wrote: »
    Two questions: is The Americans series 2 on Netflix?

Any date for A Walk Among the Tombstones to show up?

Americans Season 2 should be on Netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭delboy85

QikBax wrote: »
    Americans Season 2 should be on Netherlands.

Only Season 1 on Netherlands.

• Advertisement

Separate threads for film & TV
    delboy85 wrote: »
    Only Season 1 on Netherlands.

Amazon have series two.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Frank as been added to Netflix Ireland.

Fargo tv series has been added to Netflix Ireland.

Sharknado 2: The Second One has ben added to Netflix Ireland.

All episodes of Community has been added to Netflix Ireland. ( For those who want to binge before the new season starts on Yahoo.)

Horns is on the US netflix. Wanted to see it in the cinema when it came out here but it was cut in order to get a lower rating so nice to see it pop up this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Fargo tv series has been added to Netflix Ireland.

All episodes of Community has been added to Netflix Ireland. ( For those who want to binge before the new season starts on Yahoo.)

Two excellent shows that could not be more different.

Cannot recommend either more. For me Fargo was better than True Detective last year and Community is one of the best American sitcoms of the past 10 years. Easily in the top 5.

Amazon have series two.

Does anyone here have Amazon's streaming service or is there a thread on it here somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Does anyone here have Amazon's streaming service or is there a thread on it here somewhere?

The new Online TV forum
    might be useful to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

IvaBigWun wrote: »

The new Online TV forum
    might be useful to you.

Thanks
    Looks great - adds to my addiction of Boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Two excellent shows that could not be more different.

Cannot recommend either more. For me Fargo was better than True Detective last year and Community is one of the best American sitcoms of the past 10 years. Easily in the top 5.

Looking forward to see what community is like heard some good things about it. As for Fargo I missed the last couple of episode when it was showing on Channel 4, looks to have potential.

Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon, Mike Myers directorial Debut is now on netflix. I probably would of missed it otherwise seems like a good doc about his manager some kind of big shot Hollywood agent in the 70s, managed the likes of Blondie and Alice Cooper. Mark Kermode reviewed it couple of months back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Community's biggest problem is that its very nature means it's pretty damn uneven. I found there were as many - if not more - underwhelming ones than there were impressive ones. Inevitable in a show that has so many 'stunt' and one-off episodes alongside the more standard fare (to its credit, it typically openly and vocally sidesteps most sitcom norms - although its metaness can grate).

Wouldn't put it up on the same pedestal as something like Louie or even Parks & Rec, but definitely plenty of fun and amusing episodes, and the cast is never less than fully committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Oh and on another note anyone know what region in the world has the best horror movie selection? The Irish version is a bit scarce to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Supermench is up on Irish flix, found it very funny, and a great Doc

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3074780/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Every episode of Spartacus is on US Netflix. It takes a while to get going but once it finds it does its brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Every episode of Spartacus is on US Netflix. It takes a while to get going but once it finds it does its brilliant.

Excellent show, the first season's the best but the rest are still very entertaining. Lots of full male nudity though... At least the amount of sex scenes (more than game of thrones) with the unreal women kind of set the balance lol. Some of the fights are absolutely gruesome but it's what made the show as good as it was

I will advise anyone who starts watching it to work past the first episode though as I attempted to watch it twice before finally doing it as I was so offput by the terrible CGI and quality of the first episode, it looked like they were going for a knockoff 300 look, but it's perfect after the first episode and improves a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I just took an extended holiday to the US and what would you know Netflix US has all nine series of the X-Files! The Interview is worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Fargo (the TV series with Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman) has arrived. Looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Excellent show. Can't wait for the second series

Oh and on another note anyone know what region in the world has the best horror movie selection? The Irish version is a bit scarce to say the least.

It varies but in general I find USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Netherlands to have the best overall selection.

The Manchurian Candidate (2004) is on USA region but the image looks less than stellar. I didn't see it in a cinema so I don't have a reference point. The image looks like it has had its contrast boosted and there is visible print damage near the begining.

Some of this could be due to the director's choice to give the film an 'aged' look but a quick glance at a review on blu-ray.com and the reviewer there noted this was an early single layer blu-ray and this could account for the contrast boost and less than pristine print source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Excellent show, the first season's the best but the rest are still very entertaining. Lots of full male nudity though...

I'm sold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Really enjoying Fargo, has a similar tone as the film which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

It varies but in general I find USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Netherlands to have the best overall selection.

The Manchurian Candidate (2004) is on USA region but the image looks less than stellar. I didn't see it in a cinema so I don't have a reference point. The image looks like it has had its contrast boosted and there is visible print damage near the begining.

Some of this could be due to the director's choice to give the film an 'aged' look but a quick glance at a review on blu-ray.com and the reviewer there noted this was an early single layer blu-ray and this could account for the contrast boost and less than pristine print source.

If you can catch the original version(1962) directed by John Frankenheimer , then do, way better, with some fantastic performances by Frank Sinatra, Laurence Harvey and Angela Lansbury

Tsai Ming Liang's Stray Dogs is on Netflix US. Been looking forward to it for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

calvary and the raid 2 coming to irish netflix next weds 11th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Far as I remember they came out in cinemas here the exact same day too, cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Not sure why The Raid Redemption was removed from Netflix but anyone who hasn't seen that and The Raid 2 should change that, two of the best action movies in the last decade and definitely shows up all the sh!t watered down, rated 12 "action" movies we see from Hollywood nowadays. When's the last time we saw someone get their head blasted apart in a Hollywood movie lol. The first time I watched the first movie I didn't even have subtitles but still watched it all and enjoyed it, after the first 5 mins it's basically constant action the entire way through.

I, for one, welcome our new Gareth Evans overlord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dunno, I thought the raid 2 was a terrible sequel. Much preferred the first one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement