Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ageyev wrote: »
    Can someone recommend me a thriller or drama pls. Something dark or somber.

(Only have the Ireland Netflix)

Starry Eyes, More a horror but grim as f**k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Signed up to Mubi for the free 30days. We'll see how it goes. There's so many "indie/arthouse/foreign" films I've not seen and have been meaning to so if this 30day experiment works out I may keep it.

They're showing Hiroshima, Mon Amour which I really enjoyed when first watched it so looking forward to a second viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Separate threads for film & TV
    Bambi wrote: »
    Starry Eyes, More a horror but grim as f**k

Plus one for Starry Eyes. Very interesting horror movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Rewatched The Dish today, a very nice gentle Aussie comedy with Sam Neill. True story of the satellite dish that helped spread the moon landing pictures round the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think Jason Batemans character is a d1ckhead in the film the gift and his wife acts like a doormat, Joel edgerton is really handsome in this film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Rewatched The Dish today, a very nice gentle Aussie comedy with Sam Neill. True story of the satellite dish that helped spread the moon landing pictures round the world.

Lovely film, great evocation of an era.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Rewatched Toy Soldier's last night after nearly 10 years. Really enjoyable action flick from the early ninety's. Underrated at the time.

Just finished Michael Winners the Sentinal now and I've never seen so Many A-list stars in what is a pretty sub standard 70s horror flick Burgess Meredith, Eli WAllach, Ava Gardnar, Jeff Goldblum Christopher Walken to name a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Mississippi Grind added to Canada Netflix.

Mad Max with Hardy and Theron is on Netflix Norway, Sweden and Norway.

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Mad Max with Hardy and Theron is on Netflix Norway, Sweden and Norway.

And Norway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

And Norway.

Can you clarify if this is on Netflix Norway ?

s8n wrote: »
    Can you clarify if this is on Netflix Norway ?

Well I don't know about Norway, but it's definitely on Norway.

Really? I was sure it was Norway.

Lads, I have a runny nose, show some mercy, its also on Denmark along with a few Norwegian countries.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Lads, I have a runny nose, show some mercy, its also on Denmark along with a few Norwegian countries.:o

Norwegian Lapland

• Advertisement

Good documentary on The Krays on Netflix Ireland actually learnt something about them as opposed to the film Legend, poor film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

fin12 wrote: »
    Good documentary on The Krays on Netflix Ireland actually learnt something about them as opposed to the film Legend, poor film.

Is it on Norway?

Is it on Norway?

I don't know. :):)

21 grams
    a single man
    basic
    damage
    dan in real life
    let me in
    match point

added to the non scadanavian irish netflix today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Am I allowed to recommend something? I'm a bit shy :o

• Advertisement

(OK deep breaths deep breaths...compose yourself....you're a golden god, you're a golden god)

A documentary called Silenced on Irish Netflix - *runs

donfers wrote: »
    (OK deep breaths deep breaths...compose yourself....you're a golden god, you're a golden god)

A documentary called Silenced on Irish Netflix - *runs

Looks good, whistle blowers tend to be pretty brave people. Also, it's available in Norway.

interesting and important movie "last kill" on Irish Netflix. Let me know what you think.

The Devils Double added to Netflix Ireland, really good film about Saddam Husseins double. Dominic cooper is in it, he's gorgeous in it.

Rewatched Toy Soldier's last night after nearly 10 years. Really enjoyable action flick from the early ninety's. Underrated at the time.

Just finished Michael Winners the Sentinal now and I've never seen so Many A-list stars in what is a pretty sub standard 70s horror flick Burgess Meredith, Eli WAllach, Ava Gardnar, Jeff Goldblum Christopher Walken to name a few.

I love playing spot the star in old films. Watched the 1978 "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" the other night and Goldblum was in that one too. He had a few bit parts in well-know films (Annie Hall, Nashville, The Right Stuff) and he was in "Death Wish" which probably got him into "The Sentinel".

RTE's Rebellion added to irish netflix

peteeeed wrote: »
    RTE's Rebellion added to irish netflix

Is it the overtly feminised and beyond satire ultra-PC version of the Rising that people say? If so I'll give the well-meaning pile of poo a miss I think

Is it the overtly feminised and beyond satire ultra-PC version of the Rising that people say? If so I'll give the well-meaning pile of poo a miss I think

thats the one

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

It's not as bad as that. It has some problems with having way too many characters and then they all suffer from being underdeveloped, some dodgy plotting too. Yeah.... maybe it is as bad as all that.... :(

Ya won't be washing Rebellion either again, thought it was crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I thought it was dreadful, wouldn't bother at all.

The Ronaldo film is on Irish netflix now, not expecting much but still somewhat curious anyway.

Barfly, a film written by Charles Bukowski with Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunaway is on Netflix. It's pretty decent for a film about a drunk writer in Los Angeles .

interesting and important movie "last kill" on Irish Netflix. Let me know what you think.

sorry the name of the movie is actually good kill, ethan hawke, january jones and the ever reliable bruce greenwood. It's about the US use of drones and based on real events - it's worth a watch folks although Hawke's character in this has the personality of a doornail (which is perhaps deliberate, full of suppressed rage and frustration).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Ageyev wrote: »
    Barfly, a film written by Charles Bukowski with Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunaway is on Netflix. It's pretty decent for a film about a drunk writer in Los Angeles .

Love, love, love that movie.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you like Barfly you should give Bukowski: Born Into This a watch, it's a documentary about the guy who wrote the books which were semi-autobiographical.

There's another film called Factotum that's another adaptation of one of his but it isn't on Irish netflix at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Whole lot of Happy Valley season two on US Flix. Or just wait for it on RTE week by week at the moment. Tis good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What's the price hike in new money (i.e euros)? Not that funny money! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The price hike is only for those who were grandfathered in at the original price they now are joining everyone else and paying the €9.99 a month as far i get from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Left my brain outside last night and watched "Mad Max: Fury Road". If you like post-apocalyptic escapism this is for you. Reasonably entertaining but I won't be watching it again - ever. 6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Left my brain outside last night and watched "Mad Max: Fury Road". If you like post-apocalyptic escapism this is for you. Reasonably entertaining but I won't be watching it again - ever. 6/10

i usually love this kind of thing but thought this film was rubbish ,it bordered on an episode of power rangers for me at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

i usually love this kind of thing but thought this film was rubbish ,it bordered on an episode of power rangers for me at times.

can you point me in the direction of that particular version of the power rangers? cause If its like fury road, I'm all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The price hike is only for those who were grandfathered in at the original price they now are joining everyone else and paying the €9.99 a month as far i get from that.
    Hmmm.. I'm only paying €6.99 at the minute. And that's for HD + multiple accounts! :(

Don't know if I'm up for paying an extra €3 to be honest... I'll probably opt to sign up for a month at a time when there's decent original content arriving.

can you point me in the direction of that particular version of the power rangers? cause If its like fury road, I'm all over it.

Yeah mate try dino charge it will change your life

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If all dumb blockbusters were as thematically & narratively robust as Fury Road and even a fraction as aesthetically assured, we'd be a few steps closer to world peace.

If all dumb blockbusters were as thematically & narratively robust as Fury Road and even a fraction as aesthetically assured, we'd be a few steps closer to world peace.
    This is one of the best things I have read on Boards. bravo. I may even give Fury Road another go now.

Mad Max: Fury Road in two sentences.
    C'mon everybody, let's go to the promised land! Actually, lads, we better go back because I think I left the cooker on…

Basq wrote: »
    Hmmm.. I'm only paying €6.99 at the minute. And that's for HD + multiple accounts! :(

Don't know if I'm up for paying an extra €3 to be honest... I'll probably opt to sign up for a month at a time when there's decent original content arriving.

Check your account from the Netflix desktop page. Under "plan details" it should say how long your price plan is guaranteed for. Mine is €8.99 for "2screens + HD through August 17th". I signed up at €6.99 a few years ago but cancelled and resubbed at the new higher price after a price hike.

You gotta know that they will just keep upping the price. Netflix is a billion dollar company and has a virtual monopoly in places like Ireland and they've locked down on any geo-unblocking as discussed elsewhere.

Mad Max: Fury Road in two sentences.
    C'mon everybody, let's go to the promised land! Actually, lads, we better go back because I think I left the cooker on…

Yup. Mad Max certainly had an amazing aesthetic but shag all narrative.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement