Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

It will be about 8am here at the earliest going by how they release Breaking Bad here, it won't be on The US Netflix as it is airing on AMC TV there I think

Forgot it was this week it is arriving. You're right though 8am GMT is usually when stuff is added. The US time they use for when they add their original series' is Pacific west coast time which is 8hrs behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Episode 1 will be up 7am tomorrow morning, then episode 2 will be up 7am the following morning.
    From episode 3 on wards they'll be uploaded every Tuesday at 7am. So still a bit behind, but better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Separate threads for film & TV
    Episode 1 will be up 7am tomorrow morning, then episode 2 will be up 7am the following morning.
    From episode 3 on wards they'll be uploaded every Tuesday at 7am. So still a bit behind, but better than nothing.

May try and hold off until tomorrow night so and watch the two back to back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

So better call Saul is the first show Netflix will be putting up on a weekly basis? That's kind of sh!tty

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

So better call Saul is the first show Netflix will be putting up on a weekly basis? That's kind of sh!tty

Isn't it airing on TV in the US though? They're not going to put it all online if it is.

• Advertisement

It's not the first show they've done it with and don't see how it can be seen as ****ty. What go you expect them to do? Somehow offer up a series of televidion that hasn't been broadcast yet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No they did this with breaking bad, Fargo and the killing too. They didn't actually make the show just purchased the rights to distribute it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its on AMC in america , netflix did this with breaking bad too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Ocean's 13 is on Netflix Denmark, it's the best of the 3 of them,a really enjoyable flick
    I'd been looking for it for ages
    That poor hotel inspector :p

Guess it shows how different people's tastes are. I thought it was legitimately one of the worst, most bloated and self-satisfying films ever made. Full of a bunch of actors shamelessly phoning it in for a huge pay-cheque.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Guess it shows how different people's tastes are. I thought it was legitimately one of the worst, most bloaded and self-satisfying films ever made. Full of a bunch of actors shamelessly phoning it in for a huge pay-cheque.

12 and 13 are terrible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Guess it shows how different people's tastes are. I thought it was legitimately one of the worst, most bloaded and self-satisfying films ever made. Full of a bunch of actors shamelessly phoning it in for a huge pay-cheque.

Aye,I'm also on series 3 of sliders, not averse to chockie biscuit entertainment when the mood takes me is me but don't take that as being uninterested in higher brow stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Watched Automata (Antonio Banderas) last night ion US Netflix.

Good movie dealing with t concept of Robots gaining sentience / evolving beyond their programming.

Also Local Hero is up on Scandinavian Netflix - thik it's just up as I couldn't find it earlier in the year and so bough the DVD!

Great fell-good movie abut an Oil Company (headed by Burt Lancaster) trying to buy a Scottish Village to build a large dock / refinery. Also stars Peter Capaldi (Dr Who) and Denis Lawson (Wedge from Star Wars / Ewan McGregors uncle).

• Registered Users Posts: 60,600 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maleficent & Bambi has been added to Nexflix Netherlands

• Registered Users Posts: 60,600 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Raid 2 is up now on Netflix Ireland

The Raid 2 is up now on Netflix Ireland

First one is on Belgium and Netherlands too. Dredd is quite similar plot and is on USA, Canada and Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Dredd and The Raid are both sensational films - so different to the types of action films you typically see. I'm really looking forward to seeing The Raid 2 now.

Spanish language remake of Breaking Bad 'Metastasis' is on Mexico Netflix. Spanish audio only, no English subs however.

It is set in Colombia and aside from a few tweaks was reported as a near identical remake.

8 seasons of that 70's show up on irish netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Some great titles released today to be fair. Looking forward to watching Calvary again as I think it deserves another watch, That 70s show and grounded for life plus Childs play 2 and the Raid 2 you wont get any complaints from me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ageyev wrote: »
    First one is on Belgium and Netherlands too. Dredd is quite similar plot and is on USA, Canada and Brazil.

No English audio or subs for The Raid :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

"I am slave" on irish netflix was an interesting movie to watch. i love turning on netflix and ending up watching a not so typical everyday movie i would watch.

anyone seen the one about the blind teenager who wanted to run? he got a running buddy to guide him etc. heart warming <3 lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

just watching the first four episodes of Fargo and its pretty class. well worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

is fargo on Irish netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

yep, series 1 up on Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Chef is on the US netflix, thought it was pretty decent and it has good cast. It made me really hungry watching it tho.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just watched The Warriors for the first time ever, very enjoyable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just watched The Warriors for the first time ever, very enjoyable :)

The Warriors is tremendous fun and a personal favourite of mine.

I first saw it in the mid 90's on BBC1 late on a Saturday night.

My plan for this years Halloween is to get a Warriors vest, simple and awesome.

Caaaaaannn

Youuuuuuu

Dig

Iiiiiiiiit!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Watched The Warriors when it was on Moviedrome on BBC 2. (After the Alex Cox years)

I am looking for a new TV series to start. Any recommendations out of the following?

Arne Dahl
    Broadchurch
    Wentworth Prison
    Top of the Lake
    SLK
    White Collar
    Suits
    Bates Motel
    House of Cards (UK)
    From Dusk till Dawn
    Jack Taylor
    Black Mirror
    Rake
    American Horror Story
    The Fixer
    Lilyhammer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ageyev wrote: »
    I am looking for a new TV series to start. Any recommendations out of the following?

Arne Dahl
    Broadchurch
    Wentworth Prison
    Top of the Lake
    SLK
    White Collar
    Suits
    Bates Motel
    House of Cards (UK)
    From Dusk till Dawn
    Jack Taylor
    Black Mirror
    Rake
    American Horror Story
    The Fixer
    Lilyhammer

Broadchurch or House of Cards.

I did watch Top of Lake but found it disappointing and depressing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement