Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Separate threads for film & TV
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Brilliant, is it every Thursday they'll be released?

They dumped all but this weeks episode on it this morning. so not 100% sure when they add the next one.

Edit up todate as of lastnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ageyev wrote: »
    Yep it's a croc and stuff disappearing is one solid reason to access what you want by other means. Fwiw US Netflix has 4,000+ more titles than the Ireland one.

I don't really follow people's argument "oh but it's only €x". Of course it is cheaper than renting tapes because it is an internet streaming service not a bricks and mortar shop with stock but that eight to ten quid is a waste if you can't find more than one or two titles to watch or the stuff you do want to watch is only available elsewhere.

Sky I think is the main reason, they have most of the rights, can't really blame Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starring Adam West.. a fun and interesting documentary on his career from the highs of Batman to the lows of having to dress up as Batman to make some money to fed his family when he couldn't get an acting gig back to now being a cult icon.

On Irish Netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Starring Adam West.. a fun and interesting documentary on his career from the highs of Batman to the lows of having to dress up as Batman to make some money to fed his family when he couldn't get an acting gig back to now being a cult icon.

On Irish Netflix.

We watched it the other night, well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Anyone know if the the first three seasons of Spiral, the French cop show is or will ever be available on Netflix .

Annoying that only the fourth season is available, would like to watch it from the beginning, heard good things about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone know if the the first three seasons of Spiral, the French cop show is or will ever be available on Netflix .

Annoying that only the fourth season is available, would like to watch it from the beginning, heard good things about it.

it was, but left when I was a few episodes into it :(

I don't know if its ever coming back, but lots of things seem like they're on a rotation,

it was, but left when I was a few episodes into it :(

I don't know if its ever coming back, but lots of things seem like they're on a rotation,

Are the seasons stand alone or do I have to watch from the start. I wouldn't mind starting from the fourth season onwards, il take what I'm given lol.

I honestly can't say. as I said , I got to episode 5 or 6 and it was gone so I don't know if it was a 'case per season' type effort Or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭Corvo

Looking for a decent action to watch tonight? I'm on holiday all over at the moment, so any suggestion welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

I honestly can't say. as I said , I got to episode 5 or 6 and it was gone so I don't know if it was a 'case per season' type effort Or not.

I am sure you can get it on other sites stone ya no the ones that end in ass

• Advertisement

Lol, no doubt naughto, but I've Moved on to other series sinc

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Corvo wrote: »
    Looking for a decent action to watch tonight? I'm on holiday all over at the moment, so any suggestion welcome.

The Raid 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

House of Cards season 3 out next Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭Corvo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The Raid 2?

Genius, thanks mate. Loved the first, forgot to check to this out.

Watched Get the Gringo the other night, good action flick. Nice to See Mel back on form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Are the seasons stand alone or do I have to watch from the start. I wouldn't mind starting from the fourth season onwards, il take what I'm given lol.
    Impression I got from the first two episodes is that its similar to The Wire. Never got past the first two eps cause Netflix took them down. Series one is available on Netherlands I think nut no English subs. Series five just finished on BBC Four.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

All This Mayhem is on USA netflix.:)

100 per cent feedback on RT.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/all_this_mayhem/

Trailer.

It is excellent.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    All This Mayhem is on USA netflix.:)

100 per cent feedback on RT.

Trailer.

It is excellent.

Thanks, looking for a decent Doc to watch, looks excellent! seems right up my alley. Pity I cant add it to my watch list in the U.S but im here pretty regularly anyway ill spot it again.

Just spotted Ravenous on one of the netflix, that my movie for tonight sorted. Heard great thing about this one.

Whats the best way of finding stuff to watch without searching by name or going through the categories, they always seem to hide any the stuff I'd actually like to watch from the well wide of the mark suggestions, and you can't add to list if on holiday.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Can anyone tell me what animated Batman series people were talking about a few weeks ago? Pretty sure it was in this thread. I've looked back through a few pages but can't seem to find it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can anyone tell me what animated Batman series people were talking about a few weeks ago? Pretty sure it was in this thread. I've looked back through a few pages but can't seem to find it.

I'd imagine it was the one from the nineties with Kevin Conroy doing the voice?

Either that or one of the more recent animated movies like Dark Knight Return parts 1 & 2, Year One, Under the Red Hood, justice league:doom.

All well worth checking out, think they're all mostly on the Canadian site.

Mask of the phantasm is an animated movie based on that Bruce Tim Series. It's probably the best batman movie of all the adaptations.

Mask of the phantasm is an animated movie based on that Bruce Tim Series. It's probably the best batman movie of all the adaptations.

It's better than most of the live action movies sure.

I think I made a post that I was watchingt the 90's series on the Canadian netflix.

Looks like the 90's Spiderman series is gone from all regions though :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I think I made a post that I was watchingt the 90's series on the Canadian netflix.

Looks like the 90's Spiderman series is gone from all regions though :(

Yeah I think it was the 90's one, people were talking about Harley Quinn... maybe... and some story being quite dark and sad?

Yeah I think it was the 90's one, people were talking about Harley Quinn... maybe... and some story being quite dark and sad?

That's from the animated series iirc. It was an episode all about how she'd do anything for her and in the end he left her hanging out to dry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

The Dark Knight Returns PT. 1 & 2 were worth a watch too.

Just spotted oldboy on the irish netflix, haven't seen the allegedly brutal remake and haven't seen this since it came out so going with this tonight.

Lady Vengeance is there too but not Mr.Vengeance been so long sicne I've seen those that all I remember is enjoying one and hating the other, have a feeling it was Mr. Vengeance , or which ever the one was with the kidnap angle and the couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Lady Vengeance is actually my favorite of the 3. Love how it leads you down a very brutal path and then subverts that in the second half. Such a beautiful film to look at too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

i thought oldboy was completely messed up and LV pretty messed up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement