Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

iStreamGuide is a handy site for searching for shows such as Love/hate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Separate threads for film & TV
    Liam O wrote: »
    It was definitely on either the Canadian or US version. Unsure now. Not much use to the OP though I'd say.

I'm sure I watched some of it on the american one

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Rebellion on Irish Netflix. Good subtitled movie about a French colony called New Caledonia in the Pacific where Gendermarie were taken hostage by local separatists in 1988.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

22 jump street on irish netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

peteeeed wrote: »
    22 jump street on irish netflix

My name is Jeff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Life Itself.. the documentary about Roger Ebert as been added to Netflix Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Life Itself.. the documentary about Roger Ebert as been added to Netflix Ireland.

Ooh, excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

All This Mayhem. A skateboarding documentary about the Pappas Brothers. Excellent , i have very little interest in skateboarding but i loved it. Highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

All This Mayhem. A skateboarding documentary about the Pappas Brothers. Excellent , i have very little interest in skateboarding but i loved it. Highly recommend it

Just watched this on the recommendations in this thread. A great watch, especially since I had zero knowledge of the story before viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just watched this on the recommendations in this thread. A great watch, especially since I had zero knowledge of the story before viewing.

I made the mistake of looking up a short trailer for it, big mistake, it took away from the big stories towards the end but it was still a great doc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Is it on the Irish Netflix, thanks??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Give Up Tomorrow

Good doc about a group of men sentenced to death for the rape and murder of 2 sisters in the Phillippines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

Give Up Tomorrow

Good doc about a group of men sentenced to death for the rape and murder of 2 sisters in the Phillippines.

Sounds joyful!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is it on the Irish Netflix, thanks??

No it's just on the US Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

"The way". Martin Sheen is in it and it was directed by his son Emilio Estevez.
    Don't know if its still on the american netflix but what a movie! Have watched it a few times!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I watched the first 2 episodes of Netflix new original series Bloodline this afternoon. It's pretty good. They didn't give a lot away in any of the promotional stuff but, without spoiling anything, they pretty much tell you what's going to happen in the first episode then, I assume, the rest of the season is telling us how they got there.

I liked it. It's probably something most people will binge watch but I don't have the concentration span for that. I did finish both episodes wanting to watch more though. So that's a good sign, right?

It's set in the Florida Keys and the fact that it's shot where it's set is always a plus for me on a show. The setting almost becomes a character, if that makes sense? At the very least there's some really nice scenery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

I watched the first 2 episodes of Netflix new original series Bloodline this afternoon. It's pretty good. They didn't give a lot away in any of the promotional stuff but, without spoiling anything, they pretty much tell you what's going to happen in the first episode then, I assume, the rest of the season is telling us how they got there.

I liked it. It's probably something most people will binge watch but I don't have the concentration span for that. I did finish both episodes wanting to watch more though. So that's a good sign, right?

It's set in the Florida Keys and the fact that it's shot where it's set is always a plus for me on a show. The setting almost becomes a character, if that makes sense? At the very least there's some really nice scenery :)

Yea just watched the first episode about an hour ago. Off to a good start, not the strongest first episode have ever seen but a great cast and seems like it will be interesting.

Daredevil is being released early next month, that's the show which seems to be getting all the publicity at the moment. Wasn't so hyped about it until I seen the trailer but gearing up nicely for it now.

Have you guys seen this new "Godmode" bookmark thing for Netflix? It makes it a bit easier to browse the categories if you're using a computer rather than XBox or whatever. It puts everything on the one page rather than having to scroll through with the arrows. Not sure it's all that useful but it does make browsing slightly easier.

Netflix God mode allows you to view all the titles simply by scrolling down and not having to use that awkward sideways arrow clicks to see what's there

Netflix God mode allows you to view all the titles simply by scrolling down and not having to use that awkward sideways arrow clicks to see what's there

That's what I said.... ?

I thought it was only new though, I just discovered it anyway :D

• Advertisement

i seen the first epiode of lilyhammer. its kind of weird but im interested in seeing a couple of more before i decide to watch it all or not.

why do they speak norweigan and he replies in english even though he knows a few words max? then they go to english language then back. bit annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Wow. That's pretty cool. It's not affiliated with Netflix in any way. It wasn't obvious from what you were saying, TME, that it was a thirdy party thing.

That's what I said.... ?

I thought it was only new though, I just discovered it anyway :D

Didn't even see your post, had opened up the tab to reply and got engrossed in flicking through Netflix for a good 20 minutes before I remembered to hit submit

Didn't even see your post, had opened up the tab to reply and got engrossed in flicking through Netflix for a good 20 minutes before I remembered to hit submit

I thought you were replying to mine and that it was an old thing I was just late to discovering. Happy to know I'm bang on trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

MarkY91 wrote:
    i seen the first epiode of lilyhammer. its kind of weird but im interested in seeing a couple of more before i decide to watch it all or not.

MarkY91 wrote:
    why do they speak norweigan and he replies in english even though he knows a few words max? then they go to english language then back. bit annoying!

It gets quite good after the first few episodes. Its very quirky, I like the back and forth between languages.

Second season is great, third isn't as good so far, I'm slowly working through it.

moleyv wrote: »
    It gets quite good after the first few episodes. Its very quirky, I like the back and forth between languages.

Second season is great, third isn't as good so far, I'm slowly working through it.

I've nothing against subtitles. Just they were unexpected which is annoying. Episode 2 was decent enough. I'll give it a few more episodes. Giovanni is a character!

3rd season was really bad compared to the other 2

2 days one night added to irish netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Watched the first episode last night.Really enjoyed it. The pace is slow but probably needs to be as it forward flashes to future scenes. Im hooked.

• Advertisement

Watched the first episode last night.Really enjoyed it. The pace is slow but probably needs to be as it forward flashes to future scenes. Im hooked.

I haven't watched any more since yesterday but the 2nd episode was better, in my opinion. Still got a slow burn thing going on but the 1st episode had a lot of introductions and setting up to get out of the way. The 2nd episode gets right into things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement