Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Smashing cast in Bloodline. Watched the first three episides, and one thing is clear, Kyle Chandler is a TV king!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Separate threads for film & TV
    Smashing cast in Bloodline. Watched the first three episides, and one thing is clear, Kyle Chandler is a TV king!

It felt weird hearing him curse and I can't get used to his wife not being Connie Britton :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Anyone else cannot wait for Daredevil at this stage? Thinking about it this morning, not gonna watch anymore trailers or read anything about it again until it's out. Really happy we get to binge it straight through as well if we want to, hope Netflix never does away with that format of release for their original series.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

4 episodes into 'Bloodline', thought it was a bit "soapy" at the beginning but intriguing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Godzilla (2014) has been added to Netflix Sweden.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Two Days, One Night and The King's Speech have been added to the Irish/Uk site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Is it on the Irish Netflix, thanks??
    No American i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭boccy23

Has anyone watched Season 3 of House of Cards?
    I had read some not too enthusiastic reviews of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

boccy23 wrote: »

Yup, watched it all and just discussed it with a friend in work who finished over the weekend.

both of us felt that it was definitely a weaker season than the previous 2, the story arc is kind of meaningless, and some loose ends from earlier seasons are brought up for no real reason, then hastily resolved or fogotten about.

Its still good quality, but I felt at the end of it, that had they stopped at the end of the second season where he
    becomes president
    , it would have nearly been a more satisfying conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

boccy23 wrote: »
    It's easily the worst of the three seasons so far, but still a decent watch.

Season 2 Spoiler
    Being Prez, it's impossible for him to scheme as he used to. I always thought the coercion and cajoling that went along with being Whip was what made it interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

on House of Cards, I'd agree that season 3 was a bit slower and some of the subplots didn't offer much, but I think it finished on a high.
    I could see season 4 being the last one.

On another note, I would highly recommend Two Days, One Night, which was added last week. Some really strong ethical dilemmas and an amazing performance by Marion Cotillard.

Netflix Australia & New Zealand are live for those living down under.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Netflix Australia & New Zealand are live for those living down under.

After a quick browse through the categories on Netflix Australia, nothing jumps out at me as being unique to their selection, but hey, it's always good to have an extra source of content :)

grimm2005 wrote: »
    After a quick browse through the categories on Netflix Australia, nothing jumps out at me as being unique to their selection, but hey, it's always good to have an extra source of content :)

Like when they started here I'm guessing a lot of rights are already tied up with local tv stations.

What I'm looking forward to is when Netflix goes live in Japan later this year I think there could be some great Asian content then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

grimm2005 wrote: »

Will probably be the same as Irish Netflix when it started and take a while for a decent selection to grow. I'm sure a few good Australian movies will be added.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What I'm looking forward to is when Netflix goes live in Japan later this year I think there could be some great Asian content then.

Unlikely to have English subs on most of the stuff though I'd say?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Just before the second part of the final season airs in USA, Netflix have finally uploaded the first half of the final season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Just before the second part of the final season airs in USA, Netflix have finally uploaded the first half of the final season.

Of what? :confused:

I'm guessing Mad Men as it's final season was split in 2.

Ah ha, I see, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just browsing Australia there and spotted 4 series of Round The Twist is on it! I used to love that when I was a kid. I had dreams of living in a lighthouse for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Not telling. :eek:

Yes, Mad Men, sorry lads, long day at work.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Just browsing Australia there and spotted 4 series of Round The Twist is on it! I used to love that when I was a kid. I had dreams of living in a lighthouse for a long time.

I went to that lighthouse!!! I have to watch the show again now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm going to have that theme tune in my head all day now....!

Finished the first season of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt last night,

a lighthearted comedy with a lot of genuine laughs. The actress who plays kimmys rich boss is fantastic, I think she used to be in Ally mc Beal or something similar. The last 2 episodes were a bit more towards the "hot shots" style of comedy but were still pretty good IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Finished the first season of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt last night,

a lighthearted comedy with a lot of genuine laughs. The actress who plays kimmys rich boss is fantastic, I think she used to be in Ally mc Beal or something similar. The last 2 episodes were a bit more towards the "hot shots" style of comedy but were still pretty good IMO.

Watch '30 rock', stick with it past the first season and it's amazing.

My kids have it on DVD, their review, very funny but gets confusing with all the actor changes in it, later series not a patch on the first couple.

All 5 seasons of Friday Night Lights have been added to Netflix Ireland

All 5 seasons of Friday Night Lights have been added to Netflix Ireland

Is that worth watching?

I'm kinda between series at the moment, waiting for daredevil, and the final season of justified. I dont want to start better call saul until its all uploaded together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,077 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is that worth watching?

I'm kinda between series at the moment, waiting for daredevil, and the final season of justified. I dont want to start better call saul until its all uploaded together.

I watched it last year and thought it was good. Left a few gaps in the storyline between seasons though which I found a little annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement