Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

For another great example of this type of Film, I can't recommend "Buried" highly enough. Ryan Reynolds completely nails it as a civilian contractor in Iraq / Afghanistan who wakes up to find he has been buried alive in a coffin for ransom.

Never seen that film, and don't think I could cope with it. Thoughts of being buried alive give me nightmares already, that would finish me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Locke is a great movie but found Tom Hardy Welsh accent slightly dodgy. Have to recommend a Japanese movie I watched last night called Picture Bride about a woman who moves to Hawaii to marry a guy shes only ever seen through photographs and letters in 1918 to work in a sugar cane plantation. Had no expectations going in but it turned out to be one of the best movies I've seen all year. The only reason I watched it in the first place is because I found out it was Toshirô Mifune last movie and I'm a big fan of his. Similar in tone to 12 Years A Slave minus all the whippings and with much more depth to each of the characters.

Separate threads for film & TV
    The Homesman is now on the US Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Never seen that film, and don't think I could cope with it. Thoughts of being buried alive give me nightmares already, that would finish me off!

I think there is another film out there where this guy is going around burying woman alive, he drugs them and then the wake up in coffins buried alive, has anybody seen that or knows the name of that film? because i think I only watched bit of it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Sounds like 'Spoorloos' or the US remake 'The Vanishing'.

• Advertisement

Ciaran_B wrote: »

Thanks just checked its the vanishing, probably go and watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Yea sounds like The Vanishing, its available on UK/Ireland Neflix here if interested, cant find the original version though.

Yea sounds like The Vanishing, its available on UK/Ireland Neflix here if interested, cant find the original version though.

oh is it on Netflix, the one with Sandra Bullock?

A Royal Affair, nice movie, well worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I posted something stupid, and have deleted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Netflix original Grace and Frankie added across all regions.

Anybody watching Spartacus Blood and sand and Gods of the arena on netflix, just started watching blood and sand again, Spartacus was such a brillant series. Very sad that Andy Whitfield died so young in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Started bloodline...love it so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

As per mafaa on Longmire thread, Longmire season 3 is up on Netflix.

Also has the not overly useful Max disappeared off other peoples US Netflix too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

fin12 wrote: »
    Anybody watching Spartacus Blood and sand and Gods of the arena on netflix, just started watching blood and sand again, Spartacus was such a brillant series. Very sad that Andy Whitfield died so young in real life.

Nah I've seen it all before, it is a brilliant show though for sure. I wonder why they only have the first two seasons up. Might be something to do with sky, they have the full series up on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Spartacus was sooo under-rated. It was gratuitous alright and excessive in its language usage but seriously, there was some solid structure, great character development.

Would that I too could revel in the glory that follows the house of Batiatus by my skills on the sands. By Juno's **** I would be the storm that would make the senate bow before me!!

+1 for poetic/image heavy dialog. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I couldn't get back into Spartacus after Andy Whitfield died, that was so tragic. Was one of my favorite shows till then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

I couldn't get back into Spartacus after Andy Whitfield died, that was so tragic. Was one of my favorite shows till then.

Cheers. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

All This Mayhem. A skateboarding documentary about the Pappas Brothers. Excellent , i have very little interest in skateboarding but i loved it. Highly recommend it

Agreed. This is a fantastic film. The less you know about it the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Cheers. Well done.

Its not a spoiler, he got sick during filming, seasons 2 and 3 follow it from a different perspective as such as they were hopeful he'd recover.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Cheers. Well done.

Andy Whitfield is the actor who played Spartacus. Just in case you get confused when you see a totally different person in the 3rd season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Spartacus was sooo under-rated. It was gratuitous alright and excessive in its language usage but seriously, there was some solid structure, great character development.

Would that I too could revel in the glory that follows the house of Batiatus by my skills on the sands. By Juno's **** I would be the storm that would make the senate bow before me!!

The excessive violence, sex and language were what made it so enjoyable. The stories were of course the most important part of the show but these three elements had a massive impact in the authenticity of the show. If it was done on a network that couldn't do these parts as explicitly it would've crashed and burned.

Hey is that a quote from the show or did you come up with that yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Manchegan

Sounds like Ron Burgundy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Just finished watching Fargo ( tv series ). Took an episode or 2 to get going but after that you're hooked. Marty freeman and the female deputy whos name escapes me were brilliant, but for me Billy Bob Thornton stole the show. Excellent viewing. The transformation of Freemans Lester from episode 1 to the latter episodes is worth watching alone. Cant rate the series highly enough 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Myself. Dusted off the arts degree in my bin and put it to some use ;) Generally that's what their dialog sounds like...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

watched daredevil the series. its good but something doesnt feel right. vincent d onfrio is excellent as is charlie cox. i thought the whole story about karen was a bit stupid though. its watchable but not near as good as bloodline or BCS

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

What's BCS? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Better Call Saul i reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ahhh thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement