Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Turtwig wrote: »
    What's BCS? :confused:

better call saul

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Separate threads for film & TV
    Myself. Dusted off the arts degree in my bin and put it to some use ;) Generally that's what their dialog sounds like...

Fair play, thats really good. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

"The Homesman" helmed by Tommy Lee Jones on US flix now, got decent reviews haven't seen it yet.

Hey think this is a good quote from Spartacus, Season 1 episode 4

Bathiatus to Spartucus "Do you shoot magic coins out of your ass if so squat and produce"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

some additions coming to irish netflix this weekend

Saturday 16th May-Fast & Furious 6

sun 17th It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Season 10

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

peteeeed wrote: »
    some additions coming to irish netflix this weekend

Saturday 16th May-Fast & Furious 6

Fuk yes! Haven't seen all the new episodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Awesome. I'm in cold turkey since binge watching right to the end of what they currently have up.

Really into the Shield at the moment. I saw an episode on TV when it was first on almost 15 years ago and didn't think much of it. Watched it again on Netflix recently and although it takes a few episodes to get going I'm at the point where I have to watch 2 or 3 in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

"The Homesman" helmed by Tommy Lee Jones on US flix now, got decent reviews haven't seen it yet.

Thanks would have missed that one otherwise wasn't a major release last year, would've went under my radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

That's the post Sunday football sorted. :)

Anastasia is on Netflix, nice animation.

• Advertisement

No_Comply wrote: »
    That's the post Sunday football sorted. :)

the drinking game in the first episode , so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Finished watching bloodline last night. Well worth the watch. Some great acting in it. Danny steels the show. Its slow moving but it has to be to get a real look at each character in depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared is on Canadian Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Grace and Frankie started out rather bland but I really enjoyed the 3rd episode........funny to boot.

Catfish - just been added to irish netflix

disgusting exploitative and all round horrible so called documentary ....as you can tell , i hated it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Imitation Game & The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 were added to Netflix Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared is on Canadian Netflix.

Spoiler Alert! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Or as I call it: Forrest Gump With Dynamite

world war z now on irish netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Corvo

Just finished Peaky Blinders. Absolutely loved it.

The music is fantastic, they didn't shy away from the violence and the presence of Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy is so good.

Can't wait for the third series.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Corvo wrote: »
    Just finished Peaky Blinders. Absolutely loved it.

The music is fantastic, they didn't shy away from the violence and the presence of Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy is so good.

Can't wait for the third series.

yea peaky blinders is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Corvo

Roquentin wrote: »
    yea peaky blinders is brilliant

Tom Hardy carries such presence "We got white bread, brown bread..."

Yeah it's brilliant to see Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy on TV, they're both very recognisable actors with Tom being in Mad Max, one of the biggest blockbusters this year, so it says a lot about how far TV has come in the last few years for BBC to make such a well made show. The growing 'hour long movie' quality shows has a lot to do with actors feeling comfortable doing TV now whereas years ago it was considered a step backwards from movies.

I think season 2 of True Detective, depending on whether it's good or not, could have a massive influence on big name actors feeling okay about signing on for TV roles. If it's any bit as good as season 1 then I think the show creator(s) could really nab a big name actor for season 3 which would be a huge boost for TV. HBO have proven their ability to deliver absolutely amazing production quality so having some of the best actors working with them would make shows even better. If they managed to get Christian Bale, Leonardo DiCaprio or another similarly big actor for season 3 it'd be unbelievable. Their name attached to the project alone would have a knock on effect and make the best directors, writers and producers on board to make it as good as possible and people would watch the show just because of the name as well.

Also, I was surprised BBC included the use of lots of cursing, nudity and drugs. I'd always thought their shows strictly avoided them and didn't do 18 rated shows.

Holy sh!t the new season of IASIP is brilliant! I thought the last couple of seasons were kind of meh but this one's a redeemer. Charlie and Dennis are unreal!

"I'M A FIVE STAR MAN! IM A FIVE STAR MANNN!!!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

Anything that stands out added to U.S. or Canada regions in the past week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I think season 2 of True Detective, depending on whether it's good or not, could have a massive influence on big name actors feeling okay about signing on for TV roles. If it's any bit as good as season 1 then I think the show creator(s) could really nab a big name actor for season 3 which would be a huge boost for TV. HBO have proven their ability to deliver absolutely amazing production quality so having some of the best actors working with them would make shows even better. If they managed to get Christian Bale, Leonardo DiCaprio or another similarly big actor for season 3 it'd be unbelievable. Their name attached to the project alone would have a knock on effect and make the best directors, writers and producers on board to make it as good as possible and people would watch the show just because of the name as well.

Matthew mcconaghy, Colin farrel, woody harrelson and billy bob not big enough for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

sweetie wrote: »
    Matthew mcconaghy, Colin farrel, woody harrelson and billy bob not big enough for you

Are McConaghy and Harrelson returning for S2?

sweetie wrote: »

McConaughey is the only truly A list actor there, the rest are still obviously great actors but not really on that same level as him and others like Christian Bale, DiCaprio, Daniel Day Lewis

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Are McConaghy and Harrelson returning for S2?

no , totally new story , colin farrell & vince vaughan are in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Girlhood is on American Netflix.

95% on rotten tomatoes and understandably so, one of the best coming of age films I seen in years.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/girlhood_2015/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement