Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

4 and 7 were the best ones for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Anyone watching Bloodline, 2 eps left to watch in season 1 (only season so far)?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Separate threads for film & TV
    underbelly , the aussie series has been added to irish netflix, anyone seen it? i heard it was good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Anyone watching Bloodline, 2 eps left to watch in season 1 (only season so far)?

Finished it lately, slow to start but really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

peteeeed wrote: »
    underbelly , the aussie series has been added to irish netlix, anyone seen it? i heard it was good

Underbelly is great each season is set in a different era of real life events.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

peteeeed wrote: »
    underbelly , the aussie series has been added to irish netflix, anyone seen it? i heard it was good

It's been there a while. I watched the first season years ago when it was on Fox UK as it was called at the time, it was great. It's a who's who of Home and Away actors from way back, which isn't half as bad as it sounds.

Haven't got around to watching any of the others yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

glynf wrote: »
    Finished it lately, slow to start but really liked it.

Same as, wasn't sure if I'd stick at it after about episode 3 but keen to see how it finishes now, prob watch last two eps tonite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Girlhood is on American Netflix.

95% on rotten tomatoes and understandably so, one of the best coming of age films I seen in years.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/girlhood_2015/

On your recommendation, ive just spent nearly 2 hours watching this sh^te. Time I'll never get back my friend. Never listening to you again. Lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

i thought underbelly was terrible. it was like home and away for crime.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Roquentin wrote: »
    i thought underbelly was terrible. it was like home and away for crime.

Like an Australian Love/Hate.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Like an Australian Love/Hate.

never seen love/hate but was told i wouldnt enjoy it. im more of a sopranos man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I enjoyed it, renewed for season two

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

On your recommendation, ive just spent nearly 2 hours watching this sh^te. Time I'll never get back my friend. Never listening to you again. Lol

Ah that's a shame.:(

I am a sucker for coming of age films though and I also like Rihannna.

And yes I am a man.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Archer season 6 added... on canadian region anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Between is a new Netflix Original series and an episode released weekly with 2 so far. Apologies if it's already been mentioned.

It's about a tiny town where people over 22 randomly start dying and it's quarantined off by the government. Jenette McCurdy (iCarly) is the star and it's very good so far.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Obvious Child was added to UK today. Don't think it's been on any of the regions yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gone Girl & A Walk Among the Tombstones added to Netflix Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads, I've watched and enjoyed, father Ted, the inbetweeners, black books, the office, the I. T. crowd and misfits on the Irish Netflix, anything else along those lines that I should watch?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Lads, I've watched and enjoyed, father Ted, the inbetweeners, black books, the office, the I. T. crowd and misfits on the Irish Netflix, anything else along those lines that I should watch?

Fresh meat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The Wrong Mans or Friday Night Dinner or if you want some US offerings on Irish Netflix, Its always sunny in Philadelphia or Brooklyn Nine Nine are very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I wouldn't say it's always sunny is similar to the shows he listed but I'll say it's my favourite and the best comedy show, it's absolutely hilariously over the top and ridiculous and as the seasons go on the characters really grow into themselves which makes it better and better. The newest season is some of the funniest TV ever made, I'd to pause one episode 3 or 4 times because I was laughing too hard to hear the rest of the show that I was missing it

Dennis and Charlie are incredible characters! Mac also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The Wrong Mans or Friday Night Dinner or if you want some US offerings on Irish Netflix, Its always sunny in Philadelphia or Brooklyn Nine Nine are very funny.

Also saw Friday night dinner, it's very good, funny! Not too keen on the American comedies, watched alot of arrested Development, but might give sunny in Philadelphia a go.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Watched Rudderless the other night, well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I watched Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt last night. It is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

The US Office (assuming you've only seen the UK version).
    Gavin & Stacey.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Its always sunny is one of those rare American shows which seems to get funnier as the seasons go along, might be a few dud episodes in between but still manages to stay consistent.

Only watched the first two episode's of the 10th season but enjoyed them so far

Edit: Is The Killing (US) worth watching, just finished up with Orphan Black.On the look out for a new show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Edit: Is The Killing (US) worth watching, just finished up with Orphan Black.On the look out for a new show.

In short, no. I've outlined the problems with the remake in the Television forum and won't repeat them in detail here. It's OK in its own right, but overall it's not great. Watch the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I just finished the last couple of episodes and really enjoyed it. Found it very slow to begin with but the last few episodes were brilliant.

I dont think my opinion has ever changed back and forth so much on a character as it did with Danny, going between thinking he was a complete asshole to having total sympathy for him depending on how the episode was going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The Inbetweeners 2 up on the US and Canada 'Flix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,078 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Its always sunny is one of those rare American shows which seems to get funnier as the seasons go along, might be a few dud episodes in between but still manages to stay consistent.

Only watched the first two episode's of the 10th season but enjoyed them so far

Frankie and Grace is decent. Some very funny moments. I've just started homeland as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement