Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Niemoj wrote: »
    If you manage to visit America or somehow appear to be from there by other means then I highly recommend watching it.

The accents are toned down too so no subtitles necessary!

Does this make sense to anyone else? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Does this make sense to anyone else? :confused:

He's trying to avoid saying 'if you're illegally hooked up to the US netflix".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Mousewar wrote: »

Would've been so much easier to just say "it's on US Netflix" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Mousewar wrote:

Not illegal, legally grey area actually, Netflix themselves aren't pushed about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Just finished 'Bloodline'. Very good series. Took a few episiodes to get going but it was really good.

The character Danny was very well acted. Actually, the whole show had good performances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭trashcan

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Archer season 6 added... on canadian region anyway

Just re started Netflix, this and Better Call Saul were the main reasons. Liking Archer a lot. Only on Season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

trashcan wrote: »
    Liking Archer a lot. Only on Season 1.

You are in for a treat.
    Probably the best adult animated show ever made.

I look forward to season 6 reaching Netflix Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

You are in for a treat.
    Probably the best adult animated show ever made.

I look forward to season 6 reaching Netflix Ireland.

season 6 is incredible, back to its roots. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I'm sure it's been posted but daredevil is just brilliant.

Watching it with my wife and she's loving it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Drumpot wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been posted but daredevil is just brilliant.

Watching it with my wife and she's loving it.

daredevil is pretty good but i found the whole thing with karen stupid. vincent d'onfrio is immense though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Separate threads for film & TV
    Expendables 3 added to Netflix Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Expendables 3 added to Netflix Ireland.

Will it satisfy my pretentious arthouse tendencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

donfers wrote: »
    Will it satisfy my pretentious arthouse tendencies?

No, that would be Expendables 2.

has anyone watched sense8 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Roquentin wrote: »

Watched 3 episodes at the weekend and is pretty meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Roquentin wrote: »

I have watched all and liked it. Definitely need to watch all twelve episodes before deciding if you like it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

Marje wrote: »
    I have watched all and liked it. Definitely need to watch all twelve episodes before deciding if you like it or not.

I don't think you should have to watch 12 episodes of anything before you can decide whether it's for you or not.

You should be able to tell after 5 or 6. Even less in some cases.

I watched 2 seasons of The Wire. Then I had people saying I should watch the third one as that's when it gets really good - after 24 episodes?! No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

No_Comply wrote: »
    I don't think you should have to watch 12 episodes of anything before you can decide whether it's for you or not.

I watched 2 seasons of The Wire. Then I had people saying I should watch the third one as that's when it gets really good - after 24 episodes?! No thanks.

I'm onto episode 4 or 5, I've reached the point where I've decided to at least see it out, it has parts i don't like - certain actors are woeful and it has a few cliche bits, but there are enough interesting ideas at play to make me give it the benefit of the doubt.

I'm onto episode 4 or 5, I've reached the point where I've decided to at least see it out, it has parts i don't like - certain actors are woeful and it has a few cliche bits, but there are enough interesting ideas at play to make me give it the benefit of the doubt.

watched the first episode there. was alright. nothing gripping but nothing terrible all the same. its an ensemble so the first few episodes will lay the foundations for the next few.

ill stick it out having watched the first episode. its better than hemlock grove was on initial viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The Fall with Gillian Anderson is a good crime series. It's on the American library.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whiplash added to Netflix Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Harry66

3 seasons of Scott & Bailey now on Netflix Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Watched These Final Hours on the Canadian netflix. It's an Aussie apocalypse movie about the final few hours left before all life is wiped out after a meteor has struck the earth.
    The meteor has already struck the atlantic ocean when the film starts and the characters have 12 hours before the shock wave of destruction reaches the Australian coast.
    I really enjoy this genre of movie and for me this was well deserving of the 5 stars it has gotten from reviewers on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The Fall with Gillian Anderson is a good crime series. It's on the American library.

Series 1, yes. Series 2, not so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Cortecs wrote: »
    Series 1, yes. Series 2, not so good.

I'm on episode 3 of the 2nd season and there has been a few scratches of the head alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The 2nd season is actually the best on repeat of the wire I find.

I wouldn't agree at all on your arbitrary episode to like ratio there as well. If I thought like that I'd have stopped watching Parks and Rec as one off the top of my head that I always think about. I find it's hard to really "get" the Wire after 2 seasons as they're so different to each other and have so many characters to keep track of. It's like a book all building to a climax which may or may not be what you wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Season 2 of the Wire just sets so many things up for the rest of the series. It's really only appreciated how good it is afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭trashcan

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Season 2 of the Wire just sets so many things up for the rest of the series. It's really only appreciated how good it is afterwards.

I love love love the Wire. Can't understand how some people don't get it. I really don't expect to see a better TV series, ever. Epic stuff.

On an unrelated note, am enjoying Better Call Saul. Four episodes in. Was afraid it'd be a let down after BB, it's more low key than that, but still, a good watch so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

trashcan wrote: »
    I love love love the Wire. Can't understand how some people don't get it.

I hate this notion of 'if you didn't enjoy The Wire then 'you didn't get it'.

I got it just fine. It's not for me, but I can see why a lot of people liked it.

Anyway, thread isn't about overrated TV shows. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I hate this notion of 'if you didn't enjoy The Wire then 'you didn't get it'.

I got it just fine. It's not for me, but I can see why a lot of people liked it.

Anyway, thread isn't about overrated TV shows. ;)

The Wire isn't overrated, its universally acclaimed by critics and viewers as one of the greatest tv shows ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement