Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭trashcan

Birneybau wrote: »
    The eternal problem with 'The Wire' evangelists.

Well, Evangelist or not, I think it was just incredible. You disagree, and that's ok, your perogative, and your loss:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Orange Is The New Black series 3 is now up on Netflix.

Time to start binging!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Corvo

Could have been posted already, but GONE GIRL is now on Canadian Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Separate threads for film & TV
    Corvo wrote: »
    Could have been posted already, but GONE GIRL is now on Canadian Netflix

OMG cant belive they have that so quick, that film is really good, cant see it though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Nightcrawler added to us netflix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

How do you know if a program is available in Super HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

ThisRegard wrote: »
    How do you know if a program is available in Super HD?

It displays SHD beside the title and info.

Have a look at Bloodline for an example.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    The Babadook is good if you don't watch many horror films. If you're familiar with the genre then there's nothing new there.

Don't know that I'd agree with this; unlike many contemporary horror films it focused on character and atmosphere over cheap jump scares, and in particular made fantastic use of sound throughout.

Granted, whether you like it or not will depend a lot on what you want from your horror films, but for my money at least The Babadook is far better than the likes of Insidious or Paranormal Activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Charlie19 wrote: »
    It displays SHD beside the title and info.

Have a look at Bloodline for an example.

Cheers. Only seeing the HD symbol at the moment, maybe due to the device I'm using but I'm sure I only saw the same on with device that is listed as supporting SHD. bandwidth is not the issue either.

And also, f you ViperDNS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Cheers. Only seeing the HD symbol at the moment, maybe due to the device I'm using but I'm sure I only saw the same on with device that is listed as supporting SHD. bandwidth is not the issue either.

And also, f you ViperDNS.

I had this issue myself, all the icons changed to a pic saying ViperDNS, very weird stuff.

I changed to another service and it's working fine now!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

watched four episodes of sense8. yea i think its pretty good. certainly watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Just seen Dear Zachery on the US version.

Its a masterpiece, if you like documentaries and not seen it, get on it and don't google beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

What is Sense8 about and what kinda genre is it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Ageyev wrote: »

it is ****e, do not be fooled by whatever good reviews its getting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is google down?

Is google down?

Only heard about the show from this thread. I had previously used this thread for Netflix recommendations but had cancelled my account and only recently resubbed.

Apologies for offending you and taking up your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Just seen Dear Zachery on the US version.

Its a masterpiece, if you like documentaries and not seen it, get on it and don't google beforehand.

A masterpiece? It's really poorly made and one of the most overrated docs ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Only heard about the show from this thread. I had previously used this thread for Netflix recommendations but had cancelled my account and only recently resubbed.

Apologies for offending you and taking up your time.

Sense8 is about 8 people in different cities around the world who suddenly find themselves having a connection via their mind. I'm 8 episodes in and its gotten progressively better. It's a slow burner but turning out better than my first impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Is google down?

Try bing;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

its an ensemble with multiple story lines couple with a science fiction plot. i think its pretty good. i thought it was rubbish after watching the first episode but it is building up nicely as i progress through it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Battle Royal watched it this morning absolutely superb movie will be watching it again with the missus tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Orphan black is soo good! Im about 8 episodes in and im hooked. There are 3 seasons atm but only 2 on netflix

Anyone else watch it?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Orphan black is soo good! Im about 8 episodes in and im hooked. There are 3 seasons atm but only 2 on netflix

Anyone else watch it?

Yep I watched the first two series. The corporate conspiracy stuff drags a bit but I found the characters really good. Reminded me a bit of The X-Files.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sense8 - 3 episodes in - hooked! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

8 series of red dwarf added to irish netflix also sin city - a dame to kill for

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Yep I watched the first two series. The corporate conspiracy stuff drags a bit but I found the characters really good. Reminded me a bit of The X-Files.

I find the main character dull and one-dimensional which is some feat by the actress as she is playing multiple characters

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MarkY91 wrote: »

Anyone else watch it?

I've enjoyed both of the first 2 seasons, afaik netflix canada are adding season 3 on a week by week basis as it airs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

I've enjoyed both of the first 2 seasons, afaik netflix canada are adding season 3 on a week by week basis as it airs.

Loved the first season and flew through it. While the second season had its moments I found it a chore at the end to finish. Felt they were trying to hard with the endless twists and turns

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Im almost finished season 1. No signs of it getting boring for me yet. Hopefully it keeps ne interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Star Wars Rebels Season 1 added to Netflix Sweden.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement