Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Separate threads for film & TV
    I watched Grabbers the other night. Not as good as I was expecting but still pleasantly enjoyable with some great characters who I could easily have spent more time with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Corvo wrote: »
    Have you tried Peaky Blinders? Based on a gang in Birmingham in the aftermath of World War 1.

Stars Cillian Murphy (28 Days Later) and Tom Hardy (Batman / Locke etc.)

It's excellent

This. Brilliant show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Anyone watch Rita?

It's a Danish programme (English subs) about a very unorthodox school teacher.

Surprised how much I'm enjoying given the fact you've to read subtitles, there's 3 series of it and it's very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Niemoj wrote: »
    Anyone watch Rita?

It's a Danish programme (English subs) about a very unorthodox school teacher.

Surprised how much I'm enjoying given the fact you've to read subtitles, there's 3 series of it and it's very good.

Yep, I've been a fan since discovering the first series. It is good fun mixed with some serious dramatic tones. I've only seen a bit of the second series but am glad netflix picked up the third.

Kinda wish I could've gone to school in Denmark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Quick question - is there a way to get English subtitles on a film if it's not in the options listed?

Unfortunately not. If you're switching regions, you're limited to that region's audio/subtitle options.

Any good film recs anyone? I like most things save for comedy, fantasy or romance based genres. Thriller, mystery, drama, action, scifi etc. are a current interest particularly based in New York. I watched Man on Ledge recently which is a serviceable "midweek" thriller heist film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Ageyev wrote: »
    Any good film recs anyone? I like most things save for comedy, fantasy or romance based genres. Thriller, mystery, drama, action, scifi etc. are a current interest particularly based in New York. I watched Man on Ledge recently which is a serviceable "midweek" thriller heist film.

Oblivion might be up your street if you haven't already seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

US Office rocks. Just getting back into it. Ploughed through Season 1 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Loving Rita. What a lady! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Sons of Anarchy season 7 is now added to Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I wouldn't say it's always sunny is similar to the shows he listed but I'll say it's my favourite and the best comedy show, it's absolutely hilariously over the top and ridiculous and as the seasons go on the characters really grow into themselves which makes it better and better. The newest season is some of the funniest TV ever made, I'd to pause one episode 3 or 4 times because I was laughing too hard to hear the rest of the show that I was missing it

Dennis and Charlie are incredible characters! Mac also.

40+ episodes in and I'm loving it, it's Hilarious, just consistently funny.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Highlander added to us netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

11 seasons of NCIS added to Netflix US.

The Maze Runner added to Netflix Canada.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Sapphires is on Canada. Not sure if it's on any other region. It's like an Australian version of The Commitments. Chris O'Dowd is in it and it's got a great soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

40+ episodes in and I'm loving it, it's Hilarious, just consistently funny.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I was just about to post a recommendation for It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia :D
    Been mentioned on this thread numerous times. Had seen a few random episodes, but binging on it now on Netflix, up to about halfway through season 5. This is right up my street, getting funnier as it goes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I was just about to post a recommendation for It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia :D
    Been mentioned on this thread numerous times. Had seen a few random episodes, but binging on it now on Netflix, up to about halfway through season 5. This is right up my street, getting funnier as it goes along.

its class stuff, you feel guilty about laughing at some of it, goes very dark at times but thats right up my street!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Not sure if it was on other regions previously, probably was but the Guest is on netflix ireland/uk.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

A couple of movies I've watched recently were Mr. Brooks and In the Electric Mist. Both good movies if you're stuck for something to watch.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I watched Grabbers the other night. Not as good as I was expecting but still pleasantly enjoyable with some great characters who I could easily have spent more time with.

I loved Grabbers. Had never seen anything about it before and it reminded me so much of if Fr Ted got invaded by aliens. If you're interested - though I'm not sure if it's on Netflix, you should check out their other movie, Robot Overlords.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Charlie19 wrote: »
    A couple of movies I've watched recently were Mr. Brooks and In the Electric Mist. Both good movies if you're stuck for something to watch.

mr brooks is pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Roquentin wrote: »
    mr brooks is pretty good

A wee bit crazy.. but yeah its not bad.

• Advertisement

margin call has been added to irish netflix , excellent film about an impending financial markets crash

Some good additions to us Netflix today
    Kung fu hustle
    Next goal wins (doc about the worst football team in the world)
    War games
    The warriors

Hard to Be a God has been added to the US Netflix. Only preordered the Blu-Ray last night and was annoyed that I had to wait a few more months to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

They only gone and deleted the shield and me halfway thru season 5, anywhere else I can watch this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

nmg_ire wrote: »
    They only gone and deleted the shield and me halfway thru season 5, anywhere else I can watch this?

http://www.moreflicks.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=The+shield+&button=&ccat=tv-series&provider%5B%5D=netflix-all

Not sure what season they have though.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Cheers they have all the seasons but only available in UK and will have to disable apple music so it's just to awkward for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Lone Ranger added to Netflix Ireland.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Lone Ranger added to Netflix Ireland.

Seriously underrated movie imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I actually thought the Lone Ranger was overrated and it was rated quite badly. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

peteeeed wrote: »
    Some good additions to us Netflix today
    Kung fu hustle
    Next goal wins (doc about the worst football team in the world)
    War games
    The warriors

Watched Next Goal Wins last night. Really heartwarming documentary

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement