Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Separate threads for film & TV
    nmg_ire wrote: »
    They only gone and deleted the shield and me halfway thru season 5, anywhere else I can watch this?

Yeah, someone flagged it a few weeks ago and I went into a massive binge to get it all watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Seriously underrated movie imo.

Fully agree, a real guilty pleasure of mine that I feel not in the slightest bit guilty about. Looks gorgeous, sounds great, might need a bit of trimming here and there but when it is moving it fair clips along. And by Jaysus it could teach DC and the MCU how to do a third act. From the moment that music kicks in (and in the build up to it) there unfolds one of the best, grin inducing, kinetic, action set pieces I've seen in a long while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Need some sort of action film - Irish Netflix. It's been a very long and tiring day. My brain can't focus on much else this eve. :pac:

The Lone Ranger might be too long.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Buttros

Need some sort of action film - Irish Netflix. It's been a very long and tiring day. My brain can't focus on much else this eve. :pac:

Thoughts?
    The raid. Great action movie. Don't let the fact its subtitled put ya off, doesn't need much thought

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Solid choice. I've seen the two of them, though. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Thoughts?

A couple I have watched over the last few weeks some cheesy but fun ones Real Steel, Delta Force, The Purge, Dracula 2000 & there has been quiet a few Charles Bronson films added my fav being The Mechanic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Buttros wrote:
    The raid. Great action movie. Don't let the fact its subtitled put ya off, doesn't need much thought

I know the second one is on Irish Netflix but is the first? I prefer the first, the second felt forced but there's no doubt the action is brilliant

Safe with the Stath is also on there, haven't seen it myself but it's supposed to be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The expendables for brain dead entertainment. Great crack

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Solid choice. I've seen the two of them, though. :P

Try District 13, it's not as frenetic as The Raid but it's pretty decent. The sequel's good too.

• Advertisement

Buttros wrote: »

Speaking of the Raid - a friend and I watched that together one time - it was, admittedly, an illegally procured copy and, as such, the subtitles weren't hardcoded, so a subtitle file was downloaded. Turns out that the one we got was the one talked about in this article. Let's just say that for the first few minutes of the movie, we were confused as 'eck.

I rectified the problem by going to see the Raid 2 in the cinema and loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Any good SCI-FI movies for tonight guys ? Region unimportant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Any good SCI-FI movies for tonight guys ? Region unimportant

Europa report is great if you can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Europa report is great if you can find it.
    thanks ill give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's not an action film, just in case that's what you're after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Speaking of the Raid - a friend and I watched that together one time - it was, admittedly, an illegally procured copy and, as such, the subtitles weren't hardcoded, so a subtitle file was downloaded. Turns out that the one we got was the one talked about in this article. Let's just say that for the first few minutes of the movie, we were confused as 'eck.

I rectified the problem by going to see the Raid 2 in the cinema and loving it.
    Read that article ages ago and "Besni ****ing Dog Enthusiast" still makes me laugh out loud.

Just noticed that Knights of Sidonia season two has been added to Netflix. That's my weekend sorted.

A couple I have watched over the last few weeks some cheesy but fun ones Real Steel

This was alright. The script was the main weakness, not necessarily the content or execution, but you could see the actors didn't have a lot to work with. Sometimes it was like they were saying lines, well, for the purpose of saying lines. :o There was a clear contrast between Charlie the chancer and the kid who was innovative and believed in the bot he dug up. Charlie was the main source of conflict in the whole thing, but I found him a bit too negative at times, bickering and wanting to give up.

Nice to see a film that didn't have to go overboard with tech mumbo jumbo just to go 'hey, see this shiny stuff is cool!' I don't fault it for being predictable. Innocent enough fare. The underdog human spirit will often win over near anonymous corporate muscle. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Despicable Me 2 added to Netflix Belgium.. Will be added to Netflix Ireland later in the month as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just noticed that Knights of Sidonia season two has been added to Netflix. That's my weekend sorted.

The first season was great, one of the better Netflix Originals (I guess 'Netflix we bought the rights to this show produced elsewhere' doesn't have quite the same ring to it) and one of the more focused anime shows I've seen in recent years. Looking forward to digging into season two - and thirteen episode seasons should be the anime standard instead of a filler-laden 26!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Thoughts?

The Guest is on Irish Netflix.
    Pure quality

The first season was great, one of the better Netflix Originals (I guess 'Netflix we bought the rights to this show produced elsewhere' doesn't have quite the same ring to it) and one of the more focused anime shows I've seen in recent years. Looking forward to digging into season two - and thirteen episode seasons should be the anime standard instead of a filler-laden 26!

Watched about three episodes today and thoroughly enjoyed them. Forgot just how beautifully animated it is! And glorious glorious violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Quirke is on Netflix, really enjoyed watching that when it was on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Don't know if its been mentioned already but The Drop has been added in Canada. Missed it when it was in the cinema. Tom Hardy James Gandolfini crime drama set in Boston methinks. Have it on my watchlist, ill have to get around to watching it soon now.

Don't know if its been mentioned already but The Drop has been added in Canada. Missed it when it was in the cinema. Tom Hardy James Gandolfini crime drama set in Boston methinks. Have it on my watchlist, ill have to get around to watching it soon now.

saw that in the cinema, Im a big fan of Tom Hardy but didn't think it was great.

Big school, series 1, really funny just found this yesterday, David Williams and Catherine Tate are in it.

fin12 wrote: »
    Big school, series 1, really funny just found this yesterday, David Williams and Catherine Tate are in it.

I really enjoyed this, the humor is odd. Philip Glenister is great, as always.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this, the humor is odd. Philip Glenister is great, as always.

oh ya he's really good in it, love his character and the welsh teacher. Is there only one series?

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just found there's a second series of Big School, not on netflix though, its on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Dressed to kill. 1980

Murder mystery of sorts, when a hooker witnesses the murder of a woman in a lift, she then joins the police and the victims son to find the killer. Stars a very awkward Michael Cane and Nancy Allen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement