Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Basq wrote: »
    Man Up with Simon Pegg and Lake Bell on Netflix IE already? Got good reviews and was only released mid-April in cinemas.

No, don't think that's the same film that's up on netflix IE. Just some crappy looking film with the same name.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Separate threads for film & TV
    blaa85 wrote: »
    No, don't think that's the same film that's up on netflix IE. Just some crappy looking film with the same name.
    Balls... apologies!

Gotta blame Upflix for that..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ When it first appeared the other day they put the wrong description with it, the new one, then they took it back down and it reappeared with the proper description.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

For your Ken Loach fix...

jimmys-hall1.jpg

Jimmy's Hall (2014)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

vidor wrote: »
    For your Ken Loach fix...

jimmys-hall1.jpg

Jimmy's Hall (2014)

Watched that its very good, couldn't believe I had never heard about that story before or that it wasn't taught in Irish history in school either, its an important story to know about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

fin12 wrote: »
    Watched that its very good, couldn't believe I had never heard about that story before or that it wasn't taught in Irish history in school either, its an important story to know about.

Left wing history tends to get written out of Irish history tbh. Very good film.

Rolling Thunder and Blow Out are on Brazil/Mexico Netflix (Thunder is on Irish one). Two good action thriller type films from th 70s/80s. Thunder is a revenge film with William Devane as a Charles Bronson type before Death Wish. John Travolta in Blow Out is a film sound engineer who stumbles upon a murder, very 70s paranoid, conspiracy type of thing.

Would also recommend Premium Rush on Canada with Joseph Gordon Levitt as a bike messenger in New York tasked with transporting a pacakge that corrupt copy Michael Shannon is hell bent on stealing.

The Dropis also a good small crime drama with Tom Hardy as a quiet but tough bar tender in New York navigating local crime baddies who use his bar to launder money.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 FatherFrost

Anyone else use mediahint addon on firefox? I cant seem to get 'other' versions of netflix anymore keep getting errors never have in all years using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Just saw The Guest has been added to Irish Netflix. Fantastic movie, well worth the watch.

it has a great soundtrack too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Just saw The Guest has been added to Irish Netflix. Fantastic movie, well worth the watch.

Watched this last night.

Em..it's meant to be rubbish right? That's what it's going for I presume? Some sort of B-movie homage to awfulness?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously if that's what you mean, thought it was really enjoyable myself. Anyone who enjoyed it should check out You're Next by the same director also on Irish Netflix.

I just noticed Life After Beth and the Jimi Hendrix biopic All Is By My Side are on the Irish Netflix now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 added to Netflix Mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

Great doc on netflix usa called "An Honest Liar" about a magician who spends his career showing up charlatans and frauds using their skills to trick people but at the core of his personal life is a huge lie too. Really enjoyed

deisedude wrote: »
    Great doc on netflix usa called "An Honest Liar" about a magician who spends his career showing up charlatans and frauds using their skills to trick people but at the core of his personal life is a huge lie too. Really enjoyed

I watched this but I didn't like that they don't show how all the tricks were done. Seems to go against the whole point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Im thinking of getting netflix but can i just ask what would be the most up to date movies on it , does it have all the latest releases or are the most recent films 2 or 3yrs old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Ageyev wrote: »
    I got through about 10 episodes. I can see what people mean by saying that it's a slow burner as it takes a few episodes to get a sense for what it's about. I didn't find it particularly gripping but a bit different. My interest has waned though.

I've watched the first five episodes of Sense8 with growing disappointment. What a vacuous load of nonesense. The premise is the plot, the characters are empty and unlikeable and there is absolutely no progression. It's like a poor man's version of heroes - and even that was piss poor!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

I've watched the first five episodes of Sense8 with growing disappointment. What a vacuous load of nonesense. The premise is the plot, the characters are empty and unlikeable and there is absolutely no progression. It's like a poor man's version of heroes - and even that was piss poor!

i would share the same sympathies although not as harsh. i kind of had to force myself to watch it. its not like true detective of BCS wherein i was itching to watch the next epsiode

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Im thinking of getting netflix but can i just ask what would be the most up to date movies on it , does it have all the latest releases or are the most recent films 2 or 3yrs old

Netflix is pretty sh!tty for movies, unless you go for regular 'vacations'. I honestly only use it for the shows since it's easy to keep track of what you're watching and some of the originals are well worth the €2/week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Didn't think I'd ever enjoy a documentary on skateboarding...but all that mayham is really really good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Netflix is great value...

When you're using the share option.

shamrock55 wrote: »

I think Nightcrawler and Whiplash are the most recent films on Netflix. Sometimes other Netflix regions will have a film that's only just been released in the cinema here eg. A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night was on the USA Netflix region before it was out in the cinema here. Guardians of the Galaxy is available in Netherlands and Belgium NETFLIX , I guess that would be the most well known recent blockbuster on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Devastated that they've removed The A-Team, is it on any other regions does anyone know?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Devastated that they've removed The A-Team, is it on any other regions does anyone know?

It's still on the US.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I find Netflix really good for movies, if it's only blockbusters you're after though then not so much. Irish catalogue is as good as any these days though region hopping is still a must for more variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

1q`aa fdqq

Is it worth it to, say, pay for both a US and IE Netflix account?

You only pay for one account if you visit any country that Netflix is available in that account will work there with that countries Netflix Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

No benefit doing that.

Netflix uses software to read where you are logged in from based on IP address.

If you access Netflix in Ireland you get Ireland Netflix. If you access it in the US you get US Netflix. Only difference in setting up a US account from Ireland is it could possibly be a few cents cheaper or dearer.

Many people use third party services to change regions, something Netflix and the distributors they licence content from are very aware of however, Netflix have done little to nothing to curb it.

You can use these sites to see what is available elsewhere should you happen to visit those countries

https://flixsearch.io
    http://www.moreflicks.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Employee of the month on Netflix. So funny.LOVE THAT FILM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement