Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    Harry66 wrote: »
    Love/Hate Seasons 1 - 5 now on Netflix Finland

Nice, I feel like the only person in the country who's never watched it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

You and me both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Mickeroo wrote: »

I haven't seen any of it either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ You are not alone! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Love/Hate is class. Those who don't like it are always the ones who have never bothered watching it.

Seriously one of the best things to have ever been made in this country.

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Love/Hate is class. Those who don't like it are always the ones who have never bothered watching it.

Setting the bar fairly low there. I gave Love/Hate a try but couldn't warm to it at all. It tries so hard to be adult and gritty but the story telling and characters were just far too familiar. It felt like The Asylum tackling The Wire only without the sense of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

except season 4 is very bad but it got better again in season 5. Id never bother watching season 4 again but I would the other seasons.

Setting the bar fairly low there. I gave Love/Hate a try but couldn't warm to it at all. It tries so hard to be adult and gritty but the story telling and characters were just far too familiar. It felt like The Asylum tackling The Wire only without the sense of fun.

Did you watch it all? Season 1 was ropey but it get VERY good.
    fin12 wrote: »
    except season 4 is very bad but it got better again in season 5. Id never bother watching season 4 again but I would the other seasons.

I enjoyed Seasin 4 a lot but I can see why people weren't mad about it because there was less of the SMASH, BANG, WALLOP of the other seasons. I think the show suffered from having seasons that were too short. The seasons needed to be 10-12 episodes long.

Did you watch it all? Season 1 was ropey but it get VERY good.

I enjoyed Seasin 4 a lot but I can see why people weren't mad about it because there was less of the SMASH, BANG, WALLOP of the other seasons. I think the show suffered from having seasons that were too short. The seasons needed to be 10-12 episodes long.

No I just think season 3 was so brillant and I suppose your going from that then to season 4 which i just thought was awful so boring but then I thought season 5 then was very good. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Synode wrote: »
    I haven't seen any of it either

I tuned in to an episode of the last season to check out what all the fuss was about. I watched about 15 mins, it is pure and utter garbage. It's the type of programme that people who think Mrs Browns Boys is hilarious but Seinfeld is rubbish rave about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I tuned in to an episode of the last season to check out what all the fuss was about. I watched about 15 mins, it is pure and utter garbage. It's the type of programme that people who think Mrs Browns Boys is hilarious but Seinfeld is rubbish rave about.

Never seen an episode either, clips I seen didn't appeal to me.

This is a silly comment to be honest. The problem with people who don't watch Love/Hate is that they have a pre-conceived opinion on it, like the one above, without actually having a clue what they're talking about.

I didn't watch season 1 when it was on because I thought it looked rubbish. Gave it a go and it was a bit ropey. Gave season 2 a go and from then onwards realised it was actually something pretty special.

Jumping into the show and giving up after 15 minutes does not qualify you to have an opinion on it.

I dn't think Mrs Browns Boys is funny and I love Seinfeld. I also think Love/Hate is class. Snobbish comments like the one above show a problem with you to be honest, not the people who watch the show or the show itself. Get over yourself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mrs Browns Boys & Seinfeld, I can't really compare either of them with Love/Hate.

Love/Hate is very good and its worth giving more than 15 mins and start at the first episode, don't jump in mid season.

For the record, I hate Mrs Browns Boys & Seinfeld,
    IMHO both are sh1te and
    have nothing to do with Love/Hate.
    Mickeroo wrote: »

Watch it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Corvo

Yet I see you post in the Fair City forum... :pac::pac::pac:

This is a silly comment to be honest. The problem with people who don't watch Love/Hate is that they have a pre-conceived opinion on it, like the one above, without actually having a clue what they're talking about.

I didn't watch season 1 when it was on because I thought it looked rubbish. Gave it a go and it was a bit ropey. Gave season 2 a go and from then onwards realised it was actually something pretty special.

Jumping into the show and giving up after 15 minutes does not qualify you to have an opinion on it.

I dn't think Mrs Browns Boys is funny and I love Seinfeld. I also think Love/Hate is class. Snobbish comments like the one above show a problem with you to be honest, not the people who watch the show or the show itself. Get over yourself :rolleyes:

Ya and plus I million people were tuning into watch it in season 5.

Corvo wrote: »

ah I love fairly ****ty and love hate. hahaha

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya and plus I million people were tuning into watch it in season 5.

Viewership isn't necessarily an indication of quality of show (see X Factor) but as Love/Hate got into its stride, the acting got better (Tom Vaughn-Lawler is amazing), the writing was fantastic and the storylines were top notch. It was a genuinely great drama! One of the best TV drama shows i've ever watched.

Viewership isn't necessarily an indication of quality of show (see X Factor) but as Love/Hate got into its stride, the acting got better (Tom Vaughn-Lawler is amazing), the writing was fantastic and the storylines were top notch. It was a genuinely great drama! One of the best TV drama shows i've ever watched.

Ya true :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Harry66

Lilya 4-Ever Netflix Finland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Harry66 wrote: »
    Lilya 4-Ever Netflix Finland
    Great feel-good comedy! One for the whole family. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

e_e wrote: »
    Great feel-good comedy! One for the whole family. ;)

Save it for christmas day after the turkey :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

It Follows is coming to Netflix in Oz next month (August). I've been trying with all my might not to torrent that movie hoping it would arrive on Netflix soon. Also I see Big Hero Six should be on in the next month or so on some of the other regions. Great movie highly recommends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

It Follows- not the worst horror movie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Corvo wrote: »

Ye I posted there once last week to say how stupid it is. I will actually watch it the odd time because it is so bad it's hilarious.

I love the comments that you need to stick with Love/Hate in order to appreciate it. I gave the show a series and it did nothing that a hundred other shows hadn't done before. I may go back some time and watch the show through but a good show should grab you from the beginning or at the very least within the first series. The Wire had me withing minutes, so did this years Mr. Robot, Oz and so on.

I love the comments that you need to stick with Love/Hate in order to appreciate it. I gave the show a series and it did nothing that a hundred other shows hadn't done before. I may go back some time and watch the show through but a good show should grab you from the beginning or at the very least within the first series. The Wire had me withing minutes, so did this years Mr. Robot, Oz and so on.

ya but it did grab people from the beginning, I liked it from the beginning.:)

The Wire took 6 or 7 episodes to grab me (and most people I know that watched it were the same), Soprano's still hadn't grabbed me by the end of season 1, Breaking Bad didn't get decent until some point in season 2. There's no fixed template as to where a show will grab you and it very much depends on the person too, by all accounts the first season of Love/Hate is ropey enough and then it improves, so I'll definitely give the first couple of seasons a shot I reckon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

different strokes for different folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Just watched The Guest and really enjoyed it. Wasn't what i expected.

• Advertisement

The Wire, in my opinion, is the best TV drama show ever made. I've watched it all the way through 5 different times (it's actually due another go soon).

However, I was on about episode 8 before I really started to et into it. It a very very slow show that only pays off once you really invest in it and stick it out.

Also, someone else mentioned Breaking Bad. It took me til season 3 to really get into it. I watched Season 1 & 2 and thought it was over rated. Gave it another go and on my third try got to season 3 and it started paying off.

It's all well and good if people don't like Love/Hate. But making silly comments like "Well, I watched 15 minutes and it's only for people who love Mrs. Browns Boys and who hate Seinfeld" are ridiculous!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement