Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

Bates Motel is a modern telling of the Bates story, so it makes sense that they'd have relevant technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 I should coco!

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Bates motel after 1 episode seems good. Weird how Norman has an iPhone when as an adult in American psycho it was like in the 90s..but let's just go with the flow :P

Wha?

Norman Bates != Patrick Bateman...

I've heard a few times now how good Switchback is. Must give a whirl this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Dair76 wrote: »
    Think you're confusing your Psychos there. :pac:

*unless that's the joke

ahh i see my mistake now. stupid me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Corvo

Just watched "Son of a Gun" on Canadian Netflix, starring Ewan McGregor.

Check it out, I was blown away with it and the soundtrack. One of the best I've seen in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Separate threads for film & TV
    The Best of Me,on netflix Ireland that is such a lovely film, I actually cried a bit but I think I was sad about something else that day as well when I was watching anyway its lovely.

sorry I know its soppy but people are really lucky if they find true love and can hold on to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Has anyone ever recommended a Nicholas Sparks film in here before? First time for everything.

A Most Violent Year is on Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Has anyone ever recommended a Nicholas Sparks film in here before? First time for everything.

A Most Violent Year is on Canada.

I didn't read the post above and was about to point that A Most Violent Year is definitely not a Nicholas Sparks film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Seven Psychopaths (2012)

A writer gets caught up in a cross country chase after kidnapping a gang boss's dog. Hilarious comedy starring Christopher Walken, Sam Rockwell and Colin Farell.

Very enjoyable film I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Very enjoyable film I thought.

Yeah its definitely one I'll watch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

tigger123 wrote: »
    Watched Coherence on the Irish Netflix and I'd highly recommend it. It's low budget sci fi and the less ya know about it the better. Mind bending stuff.

Thanks for this recommendation.

I watched it with the wife a few days ago and it was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Taking Lives. 2004

Never heard of this before last night, but its actually very good. Its on the American library.
    An FBI agent helps the Canadian authorities track a serial killer, who steals the identity of each of his victims before moving onto his next target.
    Stars: Angelina Jolie, Kiefer Sutherland and Ethan Hawke.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the babdook is coming to irish netflix this sunday

the hobbit : battle of the 5 armies next thursday 20th

The Moodys and A Moody Christmas have been added to Canada.

It's an Australian comedy about a very dysfunctional family. I think the Christmas one comes first and I must confess I haven't seen it but I did watch The Moodys on TV recently and it was hysterically funny. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I'd recommend it.

peteeeed wrote: »
    the babdook is coming to irish netflix this sunday

the hobbit : battle of the 5 armies next thursday 20th

Is the hobbit battle of the 5 armies coming to Irish netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

fin12 wrote: »
    Is the hobbit battle of the 5 armies coming to Irish netflix?

Yes on the 20th of this month.

Yes on the 20th of this month.

woah cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The Moodys and A Moody Christmas have been added to Canada.

It's an Australian comedy about a very dysfunctional family. I think the Christmas one comes first and I must confess I haven't seen it but I did watch The Moodys on TV recently and it was hysterically funny. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I'd recommend it.

I watched it in reverse too, some good characters in it and pretty enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Akrasia wrote: »
    Thanks for this recommendation.

I watched it with the wife a few days ago and it was great.

Perhaps not the film to watch late at night when tired. Fell off the train towards the end and need to watch again.
    Nicely done and engrossing up to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Drop.. James Gandolfini's last film added to Netflix Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

The Drop.. James Gandolfini's last film added to Netflix Canada.

worth a watch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Narcissus wrote: »
    worth a watch?

Yes, I really enjoyed it.

Residue on Netflix. Pretty great so far, with some familiar faces from the likes of Game of Thrones. An explosion happens in near future London and follows survivors as they deal with the paranormal fallout from it. I've watched two of three episodes currently available.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Just received a mail that the standard plan is going up to 9.99 but as a long term account holder I'm still locked in at 6.99 until May 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Just received a mail that the standard plan is going up to 9.99 but as a long term account holder I'm still locked in at 6.99 until May 2016

Ditto just got it there.

I'm not sure if €10 might actually be too high for newbie to Netflix? It's does seem a bit high to someone who would only be exploring Netflix for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Turtwig wrote: »
    Ditto just got it there.

I'm not sure if €10 might actually be too high for newbie to Netflix? It's does seem a bit high to someone who would only be exploring Netflix for the first time.

Or if you'd only access to one region.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

That's me finishing with them next May so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

Just watched The Babadook.

Highly recommended.

Not traditional horror monster film but a scary but also strangely moving story.

Warning...if
    you're a dog lover
    you might want to skip a scene.

Kind of feel that €10 is more than enough to get the likes of Wet Hot American Summer, Daredevil, and Bloodlines, Sense8, and that's their original productions.

Just got the email there too, what is the "two screens at a time" plan? Apparently I have it, but I'm not sure what it is? Is it just that more than one person can use the same account at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Just got the email there too, what is the "two screens at a time" plan? Apparently I have it, but I'm not sure what it is? Is it just that more than one person can use the same account at the same time?

Yeah, the basic subscription means you can have two people log into it at the same time and watch at the same time on different machines. There's a more expensive one if you want 4 people at the same time. I gave my parents the log in details to my account and they watch it whenever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement