Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Only Fools and horses might be added to UK/Ireland no confirmation yet but the guy who runs the fan page on FB reckons that titles don't appear on the ratings page unless they are being added like e.g That 70s show and 3rd Rock from the Sun.

https://www.facebook.com/NetflixUKandIrelandFanpage/photos/a.619136401462790.1073741831.527996793910085/959235134119580/?type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Separate threads for film & TV
    Looking for a good horror last night and gave 'the Afflicted' a chance and thought is was very good. 'Tis another found footage with an interesting premise and is like a cross between 'Chronicle' and 'things we do in the shadows' minus the laughs.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Speaking of horror, I gave The Babadook a watch last week. It was really good but didn't quite live up to the hype for me. Was fairly creepy in places though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

12 Angry Men added to Netflix Ireland.

Also American Ninja 2 has been added to Netflix Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

12 Angry Men added to Netflix Ireland.

Also American Ninja 2 has been added to Netflix Ireland :D

A cousin of mine had a ****load of Michael Dudikoff movies on VHS tape back in the day, had no idea who he was at the time but I've always been meaning to binge through a lot of those B grade action movies of the late 80s early 90s.

Chuck Norris Invasion U.S.A is another.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Tabnabs wrote: »
    It's All Gone Pete Tong (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388139/)

Very enjoyable dark comedy, on Irish Netflix.

That' tonight sorted. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Speaking of horror, I gave The Babadook a watch last week. It was really good but didn't quite live up to the hype for me. Was fairly creepy in places though.

I thought the same thing. Good film but waaay over-hyped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

The Bicycle Thieves (1948) is a very touching film, recommend it even if (like me) you don't ordinarily watch films of that vintage.
    Hell beyond that I think it's a great entry point into that era of European film.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not sure why, perhaps they license shows abroad maybe? Think I've seen similar with an itv show that has BBC at the start too, but can't for life of me think what it was.
    Probably Primevil. BBC Worldwide is a separate commercial company from the British Broadcasting Corporation who distribute programming from the UK regardless of who broadcast them on UK television. So whenever you see

Doesn't mean the programme was shown on BBC television.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i once read on netflix web based site, you can somehow change the way it shows you each genre, instead of having to scroll left and right seeing only a few suggestions per click, it shows a few boxes of them or something?

cant find any info online although with my searchings, ive found out many other tips and "hacks" which are gonna come helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i once read on netflix web based site, you can somehow change the way it shows you each genre, instead of having to scroll left and right seeing only a few suggestions per click, it shows a few boxes of them or something?

cant find any info online although with my searchings, ive found out many other tips and "hacks" which are gonna come helpful

Hola..guys :P :cool:

I think you are referring to Netflix God Mode

A cousin of mine had a ****load of Michael Dudikoff movies on VHS tape back in the day, had no idea who he was at the time but I've always been meaning to binge through a lot of those B grade action movies of the late 80s early 90s.

Chuck Norris Invasion U.S.A is another.

Dudikoff really is the forgotten action star from the 80's.

Avenging Force is one of the great 80's b-movie VHS's.

MarkY91 wrote: »

Hola..guys :P :cool:

:confused: Are you not just talking about the Browse button?...click it and it allows you to search catergories.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Happyman42 wrote: »
    :confused: Are you not just talking about the Browse button?...click it and it allows you to search catergories.

Thats what I use on my PC! Choose genre and sort by top rated. I much prefer PC netflix over smart tv or android.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I think you are referring to Netflix God Mode

That's it. Thanks ted. I hate scrolling sideways on the laptop although I don't mind it on the ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone watch North & South, Just started to watch it, is it good? It looks like there are only 4 episodes on netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Went on to moreflicks.com looking for Ed Wood and I can't find it. Does that means it's not shown anywhere (Netflix, iTunes, Hulu etc)?

Tabnabs wrote: »
    It's All Gone Pete Tong (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388139/)

Very enjoyable dark comedy, on Irish Netflix.

Watched it last night. Was ok, but not much in it.

Synode wrote: »
    Went on to moreflicks.com looking for Ed Wood and I can't find it. Does that means it's not shown anywhere (Netflix, iTunes, Hulu etc)?

Comes up on iTunes & Vudu for me but not on any of the other streaming services.

Still Alice added to Netflix Canada.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

kill team - an excellent documentary about shenanigans from US military in Iraq and how they tried to scapegoat the whistleblower

reminded me a bit of a great michael mann movie called the insider

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No discussion of regional bypassing please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Penny Dreadful, folks? Yay or nay, and whay, er, why?

I thought NARCOS was out today? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I thought NARCOS was out today? :confused:

August 28th which is tomorrow and I'm assuming they mean midnight Pacific time which is 8hrs behind GMT.

Seems to be new eps of From Dusk Till Dawn added weekly. I haven't watched the first series but heard it was Ok

Ageyev wrote: »
    August 28th which is tomorrow and I'm assuming they mean midnight Pacific time which is 8hrs behind GMT.

Seems to be new eps of From Dusk Till Dawn added weekly. I haven't watched the first series but heard it was Ok

My computer date was wrong! :( Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Dair76 wrote: »
    Penny Dreadful, folks? Yay or nay, and whay, er, why?

Is that on Netflix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Is that on Netflix?

Yep, in France, Brazil, Mexico and a few other places
    http://www.moreflicks.com/titles/tv-series_penny-dreadful_2014#

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

just watched North & South, such a lovely show and Richard Armitage is so gorgeous, Im in love now with Mr Thornton.

• Advertisement

Some of the things coming to Netflix UK & Ireland in September -

Only Fools and Horses (series 1 & 2)

R.I.P.D.

Thor: The Dark World

Hunger Games: Mockinjay (part 1)

Disney/Pixar films - Toy Story 1 & 2,

Monsters University

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/netflix/36720/new-on-netflix-uk-whats-added-in-september-2015

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement