Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭redlead

fin12 wrote: »
    Lion is gorgeous in Narcos, on to the second episode now.

excuse my ignorance, but what's LION?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Separate threads for film & TV
    redlead wrote: »
    excuse my ignorance, but what's LION?

The actor who plays Lion..Jon-Michael Ecker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭redlead

The actor who plays Lion..Jon-Michael Ecker
    ah right, I though it was some fancy film making term haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

lion carries the dope in his jacket in the first episode and meets the neo nazi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I've watched the first 4 episodes of Narcos. i wont spoil anything, but its very rare that a show has me running for wikipedia / history resources to see if that stuff actually happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Actually does anyone notice I think there is a girl in it that was in True detective as well, she wants an american visa, I'm pretty sure its her, she's very pretty, she was the girlfriend of one of the cops in True detective.

For some reason Im watching Narcos late at night and I keep falling asleep and You have to watch it because it has subtitles so I have to go back over the episode the next day and its just to do to with me being tired not the show, the show is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just finished narcos - brilliant stuff , when the hell is season 2 out i cant wait,im off to watch season 1 again!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

narcos is cool. prob the best thing on tv/computer at the moment. going at a really fast pace though. hopefully it doesnt burn itself out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just finished narcos - brilliant stuff , when the hell is season 2 out i cant wait,im off to watch season 1 again!!

Just got renewed by Netflix for season 2 ,happy days :)

https://twitter.com/NarcosNetflix/status/639454059800297472

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/3/9256235/narcos-netflix-series-renewal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

'Coming soon'...is over a year away 'soon'?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

List of all available titles in Japan - http://jp.allflicks.net

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

First series of Gary Tank Commander is on UK/Ireland. Greg McHugh (Howard from Fresh Meat) wrote and stars in it. He plays Gary, Tank Commander, just returned home from Afghan and is settling back into the bore of army barracks life at home in Scotland. I found it absolutely hilarious but as with most comedies I recommend it does seem like it's probably quite a specific sense of humour and a lot of people may not find it all that funny.

Watching the Unit. It's great. RIP the US Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Ageyev wrote: »
    List of all available titles in Japan - http://jp.allflicks.net

Was hoping to see Cowboy Bebop. Still no luck.

Great Intro

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

So the office is actually gone then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

So the office is actually gone then?
    Still showing for me on the Windows 10 app.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Some nice updates.

Dear White People is on USA Netflix.

Nas This Is Illmatic (greatest rap album ever) added to Ireland andf Britain.

Raising Arizona added to Canada, an early Coen brother classic with Nicholas Cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Im watching "long way round" documentary about ewan mcgregor and his mate who decide to drive on motorbikes from London to new york by going East and taking a small plane journey from the most eastern tip of Russia to Alaska.

I've no interest in bikes but I still love it. I can't get enough of adventure documentaries like this. He's got another documentary like it where he goes from England to Africa too which I plan on watching. Good few episodes per documentary.

It's just like the David Beckham one when he drove around South America like 2 years ago.

Anyone else watched long way round?

Exodus: Gods and Kings & Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb added to Netflix Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Long way round is brilliant yeah. The African one is nearly as good too.

• Advertisement

Full Trailer for Netflix's Beasts of No Nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

e_e wrote: »
    Still showing for me on the Windows 10 app.
    Still up for me today. Maybe they renewed it?

e_e wrote: »
    Still up for me today. Maybe they renewed it?

Must have been renewed because when I clicked into it last week there was a message saying due to expire on the 4th I think and now that message is gone.

It said the same for me. Must have been done without any fanfare.

The US Office will be removed on the 30th now I saw today.

https://twitter.com/NewOnNetflixUK/status/640071979945623552

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Nice to see Up put back onto UK/Ireland netflix.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Is the US Office going and then coming back like the Channel 4 stuff? Its things like this that Netflix need to be a lot clearer on.

US Office is a great show and one I watched to completion slowly but surely on Netlix. It would be nice to have it there for a repeat viewing at some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Yay Flintstones on Netflix Ireland, Love that film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Watched this on Netflix USA last night.

Lake Bell wrote and directed this film about a girl trying to break into the male-dominated movie trailer voiceover industry. Nice performances from Bell and Demetri Martin amongst others, I would recommend if you're not looking for anything too heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

cashback wrote: »
    Watched this on Netflix USA last night.

Lake Bell wrote and directed this film about a girl trying to break into the male-dominated movie trailer voiceover industry. Nice performances from Bell and Demetri Martin amongst others, I would recommend if you're not looking for anything too heavy.

I saw this a while back, it's a good watch.... And has some funny moments. Demetri Martin is a bit awkward in it though, not a natural actor. Lake bell is great. Worth a watch :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement