Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Selma and The Gambler on Canada Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Is parks n recs on the Irish Netflix? If do its a worthy companion to the US office.

At this late stage in Netflix's availability here am puzzled why people care what region its on, takes 5 minutes max to set up any region in the world for Netflix, even if you have zero technical knowledge.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Separate threads for film & TV
    At this late stage in Netflix's availability here am puzzled why people care what region its on, takes 5 minutes max to set up any region in the world for Netflix, even if you have zero technical knowledge.

Read First Post.

Read First Post.

I am well aware of it, just wondering why people don't find out sensible options instead of waiting for stuff to arrive on Irish Flix, its not like Im showing people how to setup DNS workarounds. By your reckoning no one would say that films are just added on Canadian or what ever region, this place would be a snooze fest if it was just an Irish Flix discussion thread.

"The Judge" with Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall on Swedish Flix, pretty decent film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

"The Judge" with Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall on Swedish Flix, pretty decent film.

ya that's a pretty good film. :)

fin12 wrote: »
    ya that's a pretty good film. :)

Well worth the flight to Sweden to watch imo. ;)

Well worth the flight to Sweden to watch imo. ;)

Id love to go to Sweden or anywhere at this stage :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

On US Flix there's a three hour documentary about the Nightmare on Elm Street series which is a great watch if you like the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Sorry to parachute in here, but Narcos is excellent (if it already hasn't been discussed, apologies if it has)
    I haven't read back through the pages.
    Anyway, on episode 7, I find it enthralling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Ageyev wrote: »
    On US Flix there's a three hour documentary about the Nightmare on Elm Street series which is a great watch if you like the series.

Thanks for the heads up. I love those. My childhood movies!

DId anyone see the trailer for the netflix orginal film Beasts of no Nation, I think it looks good. I think its out on the 16th of October.

da_hambo wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. I love those. My childhood movies!

It's called Never Sleep Again. It was a DVD extra years ago so it's cool that it is on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

homeland season 4 is now on irish netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

What We Do in the Shadows is now on Irish Netflix. If you haven't seen it yet, you're missing out. One of my favourite comedies from the last couple of years.

Fantastic!

Amazing movie.

Fantastic!

Amazing movie.

What We Do in the Shadows is now on Irish Netflix. If you haven't seen it yet, you're missing out. One of my favourite comedies from the last couple of years.

we're wearwolves not swearwolves

a sequel is apparently going to be made

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Taika Waititi, who co wrote and directed, is apparently in the running to direct the next Thor film. He also did a brilliant film a few years back called Boy which is worth watching too, it's on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not great news for Netflix, Amazon & UPCVirgin on this side of the pond.

Disney And Sky Extend Film & TV Output Deal
    Disney has inked a new multi-year film and TV output deal with Sky that will give the pan-Euro pay TV giant a significant boost in the UK and Ireland as it continues to compete with both the disruptive challenges posed by Amazon and Netflix as well as the burgeoning Liberty Global cable empire.

The output extension, which continues a quarter-century-long association between the two companies, will see Sky Movies and NOW TV Sky Movies Pass customers able to watch the likes of Inside Out and Star Wars: The Force Awakens in the first pay TV window from about nine months after their theatrical release.

Sky Movies subscribers can access the Disney channel and watch all the latest Disney, Pixar, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm films in HD, and in some cases 3D. They will also have access to TV channels Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior through Sky’s subscription packages in both standard and high definition.

“Sky and Disney have been working together for almost 25 years,” said Sky content managing director Gareth Davey. “Our collaboration has continued to grow and the launch of the exclusive Sky Movies Disney channel two years ago has been a huge success. This new agreement means our customers can continue to enjoy the biggest blockbusters like Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Inside Out before they are available on any other online subscription service. They also get access to a great portfolio of family channels and a growing on demand library of amazing shows and films which we know they love.”

http://deadline.com/2015/10/disney-and-sky-extend-film-and-tv-output-deal-1201576537/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Handy you can review entire catalogue of each category of films now, on my PS3 set up with US flix anyway. TV shows are still all lumped in together unfortunately.

Not great news for Netflix, Amazon & UPCVirgin on this side of the pond.

Disney And Sky Extend Film & TV Output Deal

http://deadline.com/2015/10/disney-and-sky-extend-film-and-tv-output-deal-1201576537/
    Unfortunately Netflix seem to be more content with producing their owen series such as OITNB, Bloodline, HOC, Sense8 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Just watched another good new documentary by Netflix, Winter on Fire. About the Ukraine Protests and their revolution that began in 2013. Highly recommend giving this a watch, also available on Irish flix

Horror on Netflix USA:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/10/the-60-best-horror-movies-streaming-on-netflix-oct.html?a=1

The 60 Best Horror Movies Streaming on Netflix USA (October 2015)

This is a list of the best horror films currently streaming on Netflix, but it’s also an indictment of the state of horror on Netflix streaming. The last time I compiled this list, the selection was significantly different, and that’s to be expected, given the way Netflix cycles movies in and out. But this particular crop of horror films feels baffling in many respects. Just look at the list of new films joining Netflix this month—how many horror classics do you see? There’s a grand total of one quality horror film that was added this month, and it’s a documentary. Unless, of course, you’re a really big fan of Curse of Chucky.

37 of the 60 were released in the past ten years.

beasts of no nation getting good reviews

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/beasts-of-no-nation

trailer for netflix special bob & david

Bob Odenkirk and David Cross from mr.show reunite

Beasts of No Nations is supposed to be incredible, but very tough to watch. Early Oscar nods possibly to Idris Elba.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

All About Eve added to Netflix France

the wonderful 'super troopers' added to irish Netflix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Watched What we do in the Shadows and Starry Eyes the last two nights, would recommend both for certain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement