Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Inside Out added to Netflix Canada.

Not sure it matters now.

Netflix is telling me to turn off the unblocked or proxy I'm using.

Actually just tried it again and it let me stream a show. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Do you mean an actual on screen message?😯

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Separate threads for film & TV
    Inside Out added to Netflix Canada.

For what it's worth I thought Inside Out was rubbish.

just tried US one on blu ray player and is fine .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

For what it's worth I thought Inside Out was rubbish.

It's one of the best movies I've ever seen. Absolutely amazing.

• Advertisement

It's one of the best movies I've ever seen. Absolutely amazing.

That seems to be the general consensus but it just did nothing for me. Sadness was the only character I liked and they all treated her like dirt for most of the film. It felt like watching a really long episode of Sesame Street. I have accepted that I am alone in this opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Once Upon A Time in America & Natural Born Killers added to Netflix Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

That seems to be the general consensus but it just did nothing for me. Sadness was the only character I liked and they all treated her like dirt for most of the film. It felt like watching a really long episode of Sesame Street. I have accepted that I am alone in this opinion.

I'm kinda with ya there, I thought Inside Out was fine, didn't think it was amazing by any stretch. Will definitely try it again at some stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

play it against sam the woody allen comedy added to irish netflix , very funny film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Once Upon A Time in America & Natural Born Killers added to Netflix Ireland.
    Sweet, the former is one of the highest "top 100" movies I've yet to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Do you mean an actual on screen message?😯

Yep. It spells it out clearly what's wrong. Never saw it before yesterday.

They might still be testing it because if I quit out and try again it will work.

Sadness was the only character I liked and they all treated her like dirt for most of the film.
    That's kind of the point though, Sadness's treatment is a metaphor for Riley's repressed emotional state throughout. Only when
    Sadness is given freedom does Riley experience empathy and support from her friends and family.
    There'd be no stakes at all if it was just the characters in the control room for the whole movie.

I got a 6 month voucher for netflix but I already pay for it.

Should I cancel netflix and use the voucher or can I just add the 6 months on to my current sub some how?

e_e wrote: »
    That's kind of the point though, Sadness's treatment is a metaphor for Riley's repressed emotional state throughout. Only when
    Sadness is given freedom does Riley experience empathy and support from her friends and family.
    There'd be no stakes at all if it was just the characters in the control room for the whole movie.

Yes, thank you, I was able to crack the code there myself :D

I still just found it really annoying that they kept doing it to her. I know the point of those characters was they are the most extreme version of the emotions they represent but I just found Joy to be a pain in the bum and I kept thinking why does she get to be in charge?

I got a 6 month voucher for netflix but I already pay for it.

Should I cancel netflix and use the voucher or can I just add the 6 months on to my current sub some how?

If you go into your account and at the bottom of that page there is a place for you to enter your code and redeem the voucher credit that will then be added to you payment for the next 6 months and when that credit is used up they will revert back to your card payments.

Started getting a message tonight to turn off my unblocker or proxy.

Looks like my around the world trips are over!

Yes, thank you, I was able to crack the code there myself :D

I still just found it really annoying that they kept doing it to her. I know the point of those characters was they are the most extreme version of the emotions they represent but I just found Joy to be a pain in the bum and I kept thinking why does she get to be in charge?
    I do get the annoyance with Joy but the film is kind of challenging the general notion that people should be happy 100% of the time and Joy's arc is discovering that a healthy emotional state needs a balance between the different emotions that keep your feet on the ground and connected to other people. The scene where Joy tries to distract Bing Bong with silliness and Sadness makes him feel better by empathizing is kind of key to the whole movie really. Joy stops becoming the center of attention and Sadness is given the chance to comfort.

I get that subjectively you didn't like it and that's fair enough but I can't help but gush about how genius the movie's concepts are. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Corvo

See it starts with just losing out on a load of good content from America, Mexico, Brazil and especially Canada. So I decide, heck I'll go for a pint instead. Then its five pints. Then eight pints. It's Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Then I'll try some minor drug, because it's not like I have much else to do, seeing as Netflix now only contains 3 seasons of Walking Dead, whilst everyone in work is having a chat around the water cooler about the last episode of series 5. I'll become an outcast, a pariah from my colleagues social circles. I'll eventually lose my job and before I know it, I'll handing out sexual favors for bottles of Special VAT and cans of Hackenberg.

I'll be found, in the shape of a Pretzel, twisted and bent up, frozen in place, covered in my own excrement. I'll be after falling over a stone walkway beside a government building where all the flags of various countries are displayed, mirroring my love for the regions of my favourite streaming service.

So thanks Netflix, for killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

How this makes me feel about i the stuff I said i'd watch sometime

DC's Legends of Tomorrow been added weekly to Netflix Sweden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Netflix India is showing season 3 of Black Sails about a week behind each episode in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 limerickgirl16

Definitely recommend Hector and the Search for Happiness, awesome movie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Just a little heads up to Terrestrial TV, the grandfather of Netflix. The Good Wife Series 7 has just started on More4. Catch up on 4OD, you won't be disappointed, it doesn't get nearly as much credit as it deserves. TV at it's very best! :P

Definitely recommend Hector and the Search for Happiness, awesome movie!!
    Same for me except the opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

e_e wrote: »
    Same for me except the opposite.

It's like Walter Mitty without the product placement and heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's amazing how quickly Simon Pegg has become the most annoying arse in cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Occupied TV series about a Russian invasion of Norway on Canadian Flix.

+100

Just finished watching this excellent series on US Netflix. Strong anti-Russian stuff and considering the current situation in Ukraine very believable. Great casting and even with subtitles the show is superb. 10/10

Will there be a second series?
    The subtitles are in English on Netflix - unlike on the trailer below.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Del.Monte wrote: »
    +100

Just finished watching this excellent series on US Netflix. Strong anti-Russian stuff and considering the current situation in Ukraine very believable. Great casting and even with subtitles the show is superb. 10/10

Will there be a second series?
    The subtitles are in English on Netflix - unlike on the trailer below.

Watched 3 eps so far ,it's a bit rocky 4 ,very black and white for a Scandinavian drama

Getting error nw-2-4 on lg blu ray, anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Anybody else watch the four part Documentary of 'Chelsea Does'? where she delves into a different subject matter on each episode. Definitely went above and beyond any expectations I had for this series. Not sure what I make of her as a person though, she annoys me and makes me laugh at the same time. Without any major spoilers, her episode on drugs was fascinating. Her and a couple of friends try Ayahuasca in Peru for the first time (Ayahuasca is something that has peeked my interest for a long time) and it was great to watch thier genuine reactions from experimenting with that crazy sh1t.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement