Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Corvo

Tried to start up Netflix last night, notice I'm now getting an error also (after I go on holidays)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    I've had no issues so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

All added to Irish Netflix today
    Baby Geniuses
    Babylon: Season 1
    Bobby Fischer Against the World
    The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
    Canadian Bacon
    Cop
    Crime and Punishment
    Cuckoo: Season 1
    The Devil's Violinist
    Dinosaur 13
    Dream Lover
    Easy Money
    Enough
    Evidence of Blood
    A Faster Horse
    Food, Inc
    Game Face
    Gary: Tank Commander: Season 2
    Hate Story 2
    Hate Story 3
    In Dangerous Company
    Kill Bill: Volume 2
    Legally Blonde
    Liar Liar
    The Look of Silence
    Lord of the Flies
    Love, Cheat & Steal
    Masha's Tales: Season 1
    A Picture of You
    Pokémon: XY
    Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction
    The Ring Two
    The Rundown
    The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming
    Sammy & Co: Season 1
    The Search For Life: The Drake Equation
    Sinatra: All or Nothing at All
    The Story of Maths: Season 1
    Tenured
    Toot the Tiny Tugboat Kids
    United We Fall
    Unsung Heroes: The Story of America's Female Patriots
    The World of Henry Orient

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

peteeeed wrote: »
    [...]
    [..]

But not, having just checked, Kill Bill: Volume 1. Great work Netflix. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Corvo wrote: »
    Tried to start up Netflix last night, notice I'm now getting an error also (after I go on holidays)

The game is up for the time being until our travel agents work out a fix I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The game is up for the time being until our travel agents work out a fix I'd say.

When I was on holidays on the weekend I bought a Hulu Hoop, I have to say I'm enjoying playing around with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

peteeeed wrote: »
    Baby Geniuses
    Babylon: Season 1
    Bobby Fischer Against the World
    The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
    Canadian Bacon
    Cop
    Crime and Punishment
    Cuckoo: Season 1
    The Devil's Violinist
    Dinosaur 13
    Dream Lover
    Easy Money
    Enough
    Evidence of Blood
    A Faster Horse
    Food, Inc
    Game Face
    Gary: Tank Commander: Season 2
    Hate Story 2
    Hate Story 3
    In Dangerous Company
    Legally Blonde
    Liar Liar
    The Look of Silence
    Lord of the Flies
    Love, Cheat & Steal
    Masha's Tales: Season 1
    A Picture of You
    Pokémon: XY
    Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction
    The Ring Two
    The Rundown
    The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming
    Sammy & Co: Season 1
    The Search For Life: The Drake Equation
    Sinatra: All or Nothing at All
    The Story of Maths: Season 1
    Tenured
    Toot the Tiny Tugboat Kids
    United We Fall
    Unsung Heroes: The Story of America's Female Patriots
    The World of Henry Orient

Will defo be checking this out, sequel-ish to The Act of Killing which was a brilliant doc.

Loughc wrote: »
    When I was on holidays on the weekend I bought a Hulu Hoop, I have to say I'm enjoying playing around with it so far.

Thats nice, it doesn't go with blu ray players or smart tvs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I see there's a 74 ep series about Pablo Escobar, anybody seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

'Song of the Sea' added in Canada.

• Advertisement

Niska wrote:
    'Song of the Sea' added in Canada.

No entry to Canada anymore.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

No entry to Canada anymore.

I just recently returned from Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck added to Netflix Ireland

Watched this last night. Found it a bit too much. Too surreal. Not great really

I just recently returned from Canada.

Well my passport isn't accepted anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Just finished all four seasons of "Longmire" on US Netflix. Another series that I can't recommend highly enough. Great casting, great plot with fab scenery as a backdrop - and Katee Sackhoff!

Longmire-Katee-Sackhoff-6.jpg

Good news is that Season.5. is in production and due on Netflix in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

My passport is still accepted. They can't (Un) block-Us yet.

spring_final_350.jpg

The plot of Before Sunrise is rehashed in this interesting genre hybrid, even if the chemistry between leads Lou Taylor Pucci and Nadia Hilker never quite matches that of Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy in Richard Linklater's seminal romance. Superb practical effects are interspersed with slightly less convincing CGI, and sensible trimming could have reduced the bulky 109 minutes to a more sprightly experience. Far more thoughtful than the average monster movie, fans of horror will probably love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Is it on Irish Netflix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Is it on Irish Netflix?

Aye, it is. Interesting film. Well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

nocoverart wrote: »
    My passport is still accepted. They can't (Un) block-Us yet.

Afraid they can though. It's been happening to me for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

My price has gone up 8.99 now a month but that payment is only secure till August, think that's pretty crap, they could at least guarantee that price for a year, do you think they will put it up again in August, if it goes over a tenner, Im leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

pixelburp wrote: »
    But not, having just checked, Kill Bill: Volume 1. Great work Netflix. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure it was on it until recently, in fairness.

fin12 wrote: »
    My price has gone up 8.99 now a month but that payment is only secure till August, think that's pretty crap, they could at least guarantee that price for a year, do you think they will put it up again in August, if it goes over a tenner, Im leaving.

What would you have got in Xtravision for €8.99 or will you get anywhere for €10. Movies cost money to produce.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Del.Monte wrote: »
    What would you have got in Xtravision for €8.99 or will you get anywhere for €10. Movies cost money to produce.:rolleyes:

Ive bought plenty of Dvd's in xtravision for under a tenner, go into any goldendiscs and you will see plenty of dvd's for under a tenner, Im going on about the fact that i was paying 8 euro a month and the priced was fixed for over a year now there only fixing the new price of 9 euro for 6 months, which makes me wonder are they planning on putting it up again. a lot of the stuff on netflix I have seen already, its not like the put new releases up on it. I really like netflix but I just hope they are not going to be putting up the price every year. I know movies cost money to produce as I continue to buy Dvds, go to the cinema and have netflix, its not like im solely relying on Netflix for movies.

Ive bought plenty of Dvd's in xtravision for under a tenner, go into any goldendiscs and you will see plenty of dvd's for under a tenner, Im going on about the fact that i was paying 8 euro a month and the priced was fixed for over a year now there only fixing the new price of 9 euro for 6 months, which makes me wonder are they planning on putting it up again. a lot of the stuff on netflix I have seen already, its not like the put new releases up on it. I really like netflix but I just hope they are not going to be putting up the price every year. I know movies cost money to produce as I continue to buy Dvds, go to the cinema and have netflix, its not like im solely relying on Netflix for movies.

Yeah but they aren't in HD, I don't watch SD movies anymore.

Yes, I'm sure you have bought a DVD for less than €8 but for one DVD! Netflix offer a huge amount of content every month for your sub not a solitary DVD! Of course Netflix will seek to keep increasing its fees until the law of diminishing returns kicks in.

You can buy A DVD for less than €10, but you're not going to get 100's of DVD's for less than €10. It really depends on what you watch and how much you watch. If you're even watching 4 films a month, it's still good value. If you go weeks without watching anything then maybe you should cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

On the flip-side, you have a lot more to choose from if you're buying DVDs in a bricks and mortar. I'm a happy netflix subscriber, but I can completely see how some people aren't getting great value from it.

On the flip-side, you have a lot more to choose from if you're buying DVDs in a bricks and mortar. I'm a happy netflix subscriber, but I can completely see how some people aren't getting great value from it.

Depends on where you shop. Since HMV closed down, and didn't reopen here, there's a piss poor Golden Discs and that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Depends on where you shop. Since HMV closed down, and didn't reopen here, there's a piss poor Golden Discs and that's it.

Isn't the one on Henry Street still open?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement