Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Separate threads for film & TV
    wayne's world 2 added to irish netflix today
    dallas buyers club tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

peteeeed wrote: »
    wayne's world 2 added to irish netflix today
    dallas buyers club tomorrow

dallas buyers club is already on, its been in my list for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I'm well into another series now - "Person of Interest" - a crime drama using computers (a lot!) and not that believable. That said, the cast are almost all likeable - that's something new, and the series cracks on at a good pace with plenty of action. I'm more than happy with it for a dose of escapism before bed - 2/3 episodes per night. Eighty episodes to go plus a new season due soon. :D
    8/10

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_of_Interest_%28TV_series%29

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Just finished season.2. of "Peaky Blinders" and I can't recommend highly enough. Gangsters, corrupt policemen, pikeys and a lot more besides - set in post WW.1. Birmingham and London.

peaky-blinders-cast-590x900.jpg

Cillian Murphy, Annabelle Wallis and Sam Neill head up an excellent cast. 10/10

The good news is that season 3 is in production and due out in October.

Where in the World is Netflix showing this? I finished Jessica Jones last night and need a new show to try.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Where in the World is Netflix showing this? I finished Jessica Jones last night and need a new show to try.

http://www.moreflicks.com/titles/tv-series_peaky-blinders_2013

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Beefy78 wrote: »

Season 1 is on Ireland

both seasons on us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

I see the TV show Comedy Bang! Bang! is coming to UK Netflix - in general does that mean it will be added to the Irish version soon?

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2016/mar/01/comedy-bang-bang-its-silly-it-spoofy-its-the-very-definition-of-a-hidden-gem

steve_r wrote: »
    I see the TV show Comedy Bang! Bang! is coming to UK Netflix - in general does that mean it will be added to the Irish version soon?

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2016/mar/01/comedy-bang-bang-its-silly-it-spoofy-its-the-very-definition-of-a-hidden-gem

It was added last Sunday

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

fin12 wrote: »
    dallas buyers club is already on, its been in my list for a good while.

Dallas Buyers Club was actually removed today. Maybe that's the confusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Dallas Buyers Club was actually removed today. Maybe that's the confusion.

Oh really, I had it. On my list for ages They should put up warnings when they're going to remove something, I was watching Zena warrior princess the series, still had loads left to watch and they just got rid of it, that was over a year ago, still haven't put it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

e_e wrote: »
    If you don't enjoy it you're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola Company.

Really enjoyed it. Good to see George C Scott in a movie like that as I always associated him as doing just serious stuff like Patton. Pissed myself at Dr Strangelove himself, Mein Fuhrer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Ant Man is now on Netflix Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That was quick getting to Netflix !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Hyena, solid 7/10, reminds me of the pusher remake, well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

House of Cards season 4 is now up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

House of Cards season 4 is now up.

I still haven't watched Season 3. Is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Synode wrote: »

I found season 3 weak myself.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Synode wrote: »

Only got through 2 episodes and never went back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

House of Cards is the trashiest, shallowest nonsense masquerading as prestige television. Even visually, the one area it had something of an edge at first, it has become bland and lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I found season 3 weak myself.

Season 3 dragged tremendously for me, I felt that I would have been more satisfied with the story arc of the show if I'd stopped watching at the end of season 2.

That being said, I'll definitely check out season 4, if only to see where it goes from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can anyone tell me if the commitments is on any Netflix region? Or does anyone know of anywhere I can stream it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

House of Cards is the trashiest, shallowest nonsense masquerading as prestige television. Even visually, the one area it had something of an edge at first, it has become bland and lazy.

Trash, shallow nonsense is perfectly fine when it's at least competent, intriguing nonsense: House of Cards however utterly lacked any sense of stakes, tension or drama. I think it's hampered by its own premise tbh: clearly we're drawn to the upward climb of the charming Frank Underwood, it's the entire centre of the show (particularly with its 4th wall breaking gimmick), but his progress is almost always unchallenged and lacks any context or motive. I just found myself frequently wondering, what was the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

House of Cards has been weak from the start. The fact that you haven't wanted to watch season 3 sort of speaks volumes. The show's attraction is very much Spacey and Penn and, originally at least, Fincher. If it weren't for them I couldn't see it being on air.

Heaven Knows What is on USA netflix, one of my fav films of last year, but definitely like Requeim For A Dream (easiest comparison) that could infuriate a lot of people.

Its a hell of a break out performance from Arielle Holmes the lead who a lot of the films life is based on though.
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/heaven_knows_what/

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the commitments is on any Netflix region? Or does anyone know of anywhere I can stream it?

Can't find it on any region myself, its a filthy stream for you I think, and sadly as I can't recall the sites I used when I went down that road I can't help sadly.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Spy, Me & Earl & the Dying Girl and Pride were all added too.

Any netflix showing season 2 of the returned?

• Advertisement

Any netflix showing season 2 of the returned?

I'm pretty sure I saw it on the US or it may have been Canada. One or the other definitely has it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement