Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Separate threads for film & TV
    Movie releases very poor this month so it's good to see we are getting some decent shows. Looking forward to Bloodline season 2 next month.

Oh nice one. The first season of Bloodline was fantastic I thought.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

S2 of Happy Valley added to Canada this morning, if you missed it on BBC the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Haven't seen it mentioned in a while but I'm really loving The League, a comedy based around a group in an American fantasy football league, but it's not about the football, just their general madness.

Enjoy the early seasons, the last couple are abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

The last dozen posts have been some great "Film Recommendations".

The last dozen posts have been some great "Film Recommendations".

Is this a film or a TV show you're recommending?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Is this a film or a TV show you're recommending?
    I'm recommending people recommend films, in a film recommendation thread.

That's just a recommendation though, you might find it's not to your tastes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

MOD NOTE:

Let's not start this again. Stay on topic please.

That goes for everyone. If you have a problem with a post, Frank, report it and let the mods decide what to do about it please. Complaining about users posting tv recommendations only drags the thread further off-topic.

Yes, this thread is for film recommendations, so tv recommendations are technically off-topic. However, we realise that as a Netflix thread discussion may drift that way, so we aren't overly strict about it.

There's an Online TV forum specifically for discussing and recommending TV shows on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Looks like Netflix finally stopped me going on my holidays. Sickened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

dulux99 wrote: »

Was over in France for the week but my Netflix account didn't work :(

All is Lost is on Netflix if anyone wants to see Robert Redford acting alone at sea for an entire film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

dulux99 wrote: »
    Ageyev wrote: »
    Was over in France for the week but my Netflix account didn't work :(

Nobody wants to know about what you did on your holidays, guys. This is a film recommendation thread.

If you want to discuss Netflix's policy of blocking DNS/VPN workarounds, then there's a thread over in the Online TV forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Loads of DreamWorks animated movies arriving the 1st of April Plus Frozen which isn't in the list below.

https://www.facebook.com/NetflixUKandIrelandFanpage/photos/a.619136401462790.1073741831.527996793910085/1060438980665861/?type=3&theater

Loads of DreamWorks animated movies arriving the 1st of April Plus Frozen which isn't in the list below.

https://www.facebook.com/NetflixUKandIrelandFanpage/photos/a.619136401462790.1073741831.527996793910085/1060438980665861/?type=3&theater

I love Megamind :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Was watching a horror film on the Canadian Netflix called The Den which was about a college student who is showcasing her interactions with people on an Omegle-esque site for a project and she witnesses a murder and the killer starts coming after her/her family.

The majority of it is via screen cap software, it's pretty good.

Would recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I love Megamind :D

Such an under rated film. It's on every Christmas and it's just great.

Monsters vs Aliens is another under appreciated one on that list I think.

Some good films coming that day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Movie releases very poor this month so it's good to see we are getting some decent shows. Looking forward to Bloodline season 2 next month.

Is this confirmed? They'd want to get a move on with a trailer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Jimmy Carr has a stand up routine on the Dutch Netflix, it's made by Netflix so it might be on other regions too.

It's very funny stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Netflix documentary My Beautiful Broken Brain

Story of a 30 something year old woman who had a stroke. Tragic, insightful, compelling and non-sacchrine.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Is this confirmed? They'd want to get a move on with a trailer.
    Yeah, I've seen nothing about a premiere date for Bloodline's second season. The only second season next month is Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Batkid Begins has been added to American Netflix
    Bound to get the tears flowing.

ixoy wrote: »
    Yeah, I've seen nothing about a premiere date for Bloodline's second season. The only second season next month is Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Bloodline is back on May 27th. Confirmed today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Season 2 of Happy Valley up on US Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

ixoy wrote: »

Apologies I was nearly sure Bloodline was being released in April but it's not till the 27th of May.

On the plus side two hitchcook movies next month Rear Window and Vertigo. Netflix need to revamp their classic movie selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,620 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Teaser for the next Adam Sandler Netflix film for those brave enough to give it ago after his first one for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Sandler movies are designed to be enjoyed with a few beers on you, its nearly like the worse they are, the better they are. You know it'll be bad, but you have to see for yourself how bad it actually is.

He's cornered the market in popular bad movies and now has the perfect outlet on Netflix.

Roll on his next 'masterpiece' !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Teaser for the next Adam Sandler Netflix film for those brave enough to give it ago after his first one for them.

Not much of a trailer, is it supposed to be a comedy, what's the movie about? Couldn't figure anything out from that trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,620 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Terminator Genisys added to Netflix Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Terminator Genisys added to Netflix Canada.

I finally saw it this week. It was ok-good and won't mind seeing another one, don't think it would happen now do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Grand Budapest Hotel added to irish netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Anyone else watching Wilfred? I'm not sure when it was added. Very odd, but funny Australian comedy about a guy who starts talking to his girlfriends dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Anyone else watching Wilfred? I'm not sure when it was added. Very odd, but funny Australian comedy about a guy who starts talking to his girlfriends dog.

That's fairly old now! There's an American version with the same guy/dog and Elijah Wood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement