Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I watched most of the first season of Wilfred. It started off okay and I quickly lost interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Mac Beth added to Netflix Argentina and Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Separate threads for film & TV
    45 years, absolutely anything , absolutely fabulous (6 seasons) , defiance, the gift (joel edgerton) , i love you Philip morris , the ides of march , looper , robot and frank , twilight (all of them) , wonders of .....(brian cox) 3 seasons

added to irish netflix today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

peteeeed wrote: »
    45 years, absolutely anything , absolutely fabulous (6 seasons) , defiance, the gift , i love you Philip morris , the ides of march , looper , robot and frank , twilight (all of them) , wonders of .....(brian cox) 3 seasons

Great to see a load of new content added over the next couple of days. There's a fair few films, like Defiance and I Love You Philip Morris, that I've been meaning to see but never got around to watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Robot and frank is a great film, really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Love Is Strange was added too, supposed to be pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

peteeeed wrote: »
    45 years, absolutely anything , absolutely fabulous (6 seasons) , defiance, the gift (joel edgerton) , i love you Philip morris , the ides of march , looper , robot and frank , twilight (all of them) , wonders of .....(brian cox) 3 seasons

From that list, of the ones I've seen, I'd definitely recommend Defiance, The Gift, Looper and Robot and Frank. Not bad going.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is it a bit odd them adding so many things on the last day of the month?

From that list, of the ones I've seen, I'd definitely recommend Defiance, The Gift, Looper and Robot and Frank. Not bad going.

Looper is absolute dog shít in my opinion. Terrible plot with no logic to it at all. Watched this and Prometheus in the same week and couldn't believe how truly terrible sci-fi had become in Hollywood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Hated Looper too. Wife loved it though

• Advertisement

looper is one of the best sci fi movies of recent years in my opinion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Looper is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I really liked Looper. JGL's make-up is awful tho and the montage where he ages into Willis is cringe but I agree that I think it's one of the best sci-fis in recent years and also one of the best performances Willis has given in a long time, not that there's much competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Didn't like Looper much, particularly disliked the predictable ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Orphan Black season 3 added today as well. Kind of lost interest mid way through season 2 but wouldn't mind going back to see if it improves.

Deep Web also added today directed by Alex Winter and Narrated by Keanu Reeves off Bill and Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I quite liked Looper myself. A fun action film with some humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Die Hard and Predator added today :D

Boo! All the Shrek, Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda movies that were meant to go on today are no longer being added. Now I'll have to interact with my kids this weekend. Shame on you, Netflix!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Boo! All the Shrek, Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda movies that were meant to go on today are no longer being added. Now I'll have to interact with my kids this weekend. Shame on you, Netflix!

Ah, why not? I was looking forward to watching over the hedge.

Ah, why not? I was looking forward to watching over the hedge.

No bloody Megamind either. Double boo!!!

• Advertisement

antz and a dolphin story have been added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Any idea what happened?

I'm pretty sure they're all being added at some point this month. I saw a list yesterday but they all had different dates in April. I'll see if I can find it again....

EDIT: No actually, I'm wrong. Those animated films all say April 1st. http://www.refinery29.uk/netflix-new-april-uk-2016?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=uktweet&unique_id=entry_107173#slide-26

Maybe it has something to do with their stupid John Stamos April Fool's joke.

They were meant to have Krampus last month and that just disappeared as well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Eh, anyone know why my Netflix is mentioning John Stamos everywhere? Like the New Releases section is not titled "New Releases which suffer from a distinct lack of John Stamos", Continue Watching is "Continue Watching With John Stamos" etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

He Never Died is on Netflix. I really enjoyed this, Think it's Henry Rollins first lead role but i could be wrong on that.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Eh, anyone know why my Netflix is mentioning John Stamos everywhere? Like the New Releases section is not titled "New Releases which suffer from a distinct lack of John Stamos", Continue Watching is "Continue Watching With John Stamos" etc :D

April Fools.

April Fools.

Ah of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

https://youtu.be/N9j9pGi-l4c

Star Wars: Darth Maul Season 1, May 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,197 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

https://youtu.be/N9j9pGi-l4c

Star Wars: Darth Maul Season 1, May 4

That one's just cruel.