Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Separate threads for film & TV
    Ah, ffs. All the Disney stuff that's going!!! That's really pissing me off…

ya and all three toy stories, they took them off before and put them back on, Il watch them all again before they take them and probably Frozen.

My price is going up to €9.99 next month, r most people on that price?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

And Megamind never appeared this month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

fin12 wrote: »
    My price is going up to €9.99 next month, r most people on that price?

I'm on €8.99 until August... I posted a link a few pages ago to their desktop website where you can see when your price goes up. I reckon they'll keep on pushing it up until it negatively affects subscriber numbers. I wonder at what price people will say "no more". There are few alternatives to your average consumer in Ireland.

And Megamind never appeared this month?

Fwiw, the link I posted was not an official site. Netflix don't go out of their way to inform people when titles arrive or leave

• Advertisement

Ageyev wrote: »
    I'm on €8.99 until August... I posted a link a few pages ago to their desktop website where you can see when your price goes up. I reckon they'll keep on pushing it up until it negatively affects subscriber numbers. I wonder at what price people will say "no more". There are few alternatives to your average consumer in Ireland.

Ya but I was on €7.99? I wonder when they put me up to 9.99 a month will they say how long I have that price.

The content on Irish/UK needs to improve if the price is going to get very much higher. Having lost my passport recently I haven't been travelling at all and the difference in content is shocking between places like Canada and here.

I remember reading something about Netflix planning on getting content as similar as possible across all countries but so far they seem to be planning on achieving that by adding random Bollywood films to all countries. Not exactly what I thought they meant.

The original content is good and if you watch it all its not bad value for money. TV box sets are not too bad either but Irish Netflix falls down when it comes to films.

Ya but I was on €7.99? I wonder when they put me up to 9.99 a month will they say how long I have that price.

Are you on the 1screen option? Maybe that's why.

cl97oJ1.jpg

Ageyev wrote: »
    Are you on the 1screen option? Maybe that's why.

cl97oJ1.jpg

No I've always been on two screen option.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,439 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Robert Altman's Nashville - IMO one of the strongest candidates for the great American film of the 1970s - is on Netflix local now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's always Sunny... season 11 arrives on the 8th, excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's always Sunny... season 11 arrives on the 8th, excellent.

Great news although I've watched season 11 already and it's a bit Meh imo

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 19,197 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Great news although I've watched season 11 already and it's a bit Meh imo

Thought it was far better than the previous one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Liam O wrote: »
    Thought it was far better than the previous one myself.

Nah season 10 is a classic.

I'll have to re watch season 11.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

ya and all three toy stories, they took them off before and put them back on, Il watch them all again before they take them and probably Frozen.

Yea managed to watch all three a couple of months back "classics". Ill watch Up come the weekend plus Heavyweights which was only added about a week ago :( but heard good things about.

There's some good Docs coming to Netflixs in May if you go closely through the List, enough to recommend anyway plus Clerks at the end of the month which I missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,197 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Nah season 10 is a classic.

I'll have to re watch season 11.

tumblr_o20b1nrlJR1u9u02so3_500.gif

I think you do
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭George Michael

finished daredevil season 2. bit stupid to be honest. too much fighting. the final episode then is ridiculous in that every character keeps popping up. watchable but ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Stumbled across Power the other night.

It's kind of The Wire lite but worth a watch all the same .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Special Correspondents is just a sublime cinematic experience, pity we can't watch it on the big screen: relevant, profound, disturbing - it comments on how we as a society consume our news stories and how vacuous and unreliable the platform that shapes our worldviews is.

This is simply unmissable and quite apart from the hugely important themes the cinematography left me literally clutching at the screen yearning to be transported to that dream-like and visceral post-colonial Amazonian landscape, a place where much of the story unfolds and not chosen coincidentally, Oh no, but instead no doubt to emphasize the tenuous and vulnerable nature of the myths that shape our days

Not just a Netflix movie, an experience, and I'd go so far as to call it ideologically transcendental - you'll never watch the news in the same way again.

The news used to shape my worldview, after watching you'll shape the world and a piece of art can bestow no greater gift upon you on that.

Don't just watch it, live it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

donfers wrote: »
    Special Correspondents is just a sublime cinematic experience, pity we can't watch it on the big screen: relevant, profound, disturbing - it comments on how we as a society consume our news stories and how vacuous and unreliable the platform that shapes our worldviews is.

This is simply unmissable and quite apart from the hugely important themes the cinematography left me literally clutching at the screen yearning to be transported to that dream-like and visceral post-colonial Amazonian landscape, a place where much of the story unfolds and not chosen coincidentally, Oh no, but instead no doubt to emphasize the tenuous and vulnerable nature of the myths that shape our days

Not just a Netflix movie, an experience, and I'd go so far as to call it ideologically transcendental - you'll never watch the news in the same way again.

The news used to shape my worldview, after watching you'll shape the world and a piece of art can bestow no greater gift upon you on that.

Don't just watch it, live it!

really? cos the reviews are pretty meh:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/apr/28/special-correspondents-review-ricky-gervais-eric-bana

• Advertisement

Ricky Gervais is one of those Marmite types. I'd imagine your enjoyment of anything he does is dependent on whether you love him or hate him.

Thought Detachment was pretty good drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Ricky Gervais is one of those Marmite types. I'd imagine your enjoyment of anything he does is dependent on whether you love him or hate him.

True. For me, he's not been in anything watchable since The Office. Merchant was the one with talent.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    True. For me, he's not been in anything watchable since The Office. Merchant was the one with talent.

Writing wise he may be quite talented but in front of the camera I feel like I'm watching the same character every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Writing wise he may be quite talented but in front of the camera I feel like I'm watching the same character every time.

Totally, same with Adam Sandler.
    One trick ponies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I love you all, thought it was just me who couldn't be bothered with Gervais since The Office. We can hide here when all the fawning reviews come in the next week. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Watched Special Correspondents this evening and I'm thinking the review above is a piss take.

All the Pirates of the Caribbean are gone on the 3rd of May, I think the 2nd one Dead Mans chest is a very good film and 1 isn't bad but 3, 4 and 5 are pretty crap films.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Saw Netflix's documentary "Team Foxcatcher" last night, I saw "Foxcatcher" a few months by with Steve Carrell in it, as was interested in what the documentary had to highlight on John Du Pont. Theres a lot of home video diary/documentation in it. Some great interviews and thoughts by the wrestlers on their time spent up at Du Ponts sports academy. The documentary really does highlight John Du Pont as this increasingly fragile loner who desperately tried to win his mothers approval and ultimately failed which resulted in such tragic circumstances.

As mentioned some great interviews in, Dave Schultz's wife gives her thoughts on it, as well as a lot of Du Ponts staff and helpers who worked under him during the years. Highly recommended!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

TheNap wrote:
    It's kind of The Wire lite but worth a watch all the same .

TheNap wrote:
    Stumbled across Power the other night.

I enjoyed it. Might have been the repeatedly naked ladies though....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement