Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Still cheaper than a TV licence, and me and my partner have two sets of mom and dads using our Netflix on SmartTVs so I consider it a saving.

well played....well played :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Got my price hike mail yesterday, I don't really watch it much bar Better Call Saul and Brooklyn 99 , kids watch it a bit but I will cancel and see how we get on without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Same here. I still consider it good value, as I watch at least 5-6 films a month + some TV series

• Registered Users Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Same here. I still consider it good value, as I watch at least 5-6 films a month + some TV series

Might keep it on if I go for the 11.99 plan and split the costs with my Dad that would be 5.99 a month for each of us or €71.94 a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Watched the first season of Lilihammer, and even though it started off really good it just became really silly by the end of the first season, don't think I'll bother with the other 2 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Might keep it on if I go for the 11.99 plan and split the costs with my Dad that would be 5.99 a month for each of us or €71.94 a year!

Good thinking.

Maybe I should have mentioned that for me it is still a no brainer as I don't have Sky/UPC or anything equivalent. I just pay for Netflix - with the new price it will be 120 per year, + Mubi - that's another 40. + the TV license. So not a huge expense overall, less than 30 euro a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Separate threads for film & TV
    Watched the first season of Lilihammer, and even though it started off really good it just became really silly by the end of the first season, don't think I'll bother with the other 2 seasons.

season 2 is really good, 3 is pants

€9.99/month is still a relatively good price for the amount of content that they push out, really. If only their movie selection in Ireland rivaled other places, but at least their own made shows aren't affected by geolocation!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,121 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's unbeatable for television content. Good movies are just a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the batsh!t crazy martial arts flick 'kung fu hustle' coming to netflix ireland on the 18th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Bridge Of Spies added to the Canada Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

I would have loved to have watched that film, unfortunately along with the "price hike" my passport has been revoked, so no joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Tracks is leaving tomorrow, really nice film, watch it now if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Occono wrote: »
    Tracks is leaving tomorrow, really nice film, watch it now if you can.

Yea tracks is a fantastic movie. Sorry I waited so long to watch it.

To Rome with love added today, one of the few Woody Allen movie's I've yet to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Hi All

I watched a fascinating documentary last night which consisted of interviews with Noam Chomsky, widely regarded as the most important intellectual alive, mainly about the deliberate concentration of wealth and power in the hands of a select few. It is based on USA obviously as that is where most of the world's in-equality is rooted.

It may not interest some but I thought it was fascinating.

BTW it's called "Requiem for the American Dream".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Watched Top of the Lake, I think I was tired when watching the last episode, can someone confirm
    was Matt who was Toohy's dad the father of her baby or was it the detective guy, what was the connection between the detective and Matt?
    obviously the detective drugged her as well that night when she had dinner at her place, so did he attack her then aswell
    seems to be a lot of unanswered questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Watched a Spanish film last night called Retribution. A bit far fetched to be plausible but good enough to finish. 6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Just wondering does anyone out there know if the Directors Cut of Cinema Paradiso is still available on Netflix? Thanks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Just wondering does anyone out there know if the Directors Cut of Cinema Paradiso is still available on Netflix? Thanks.....

Directors Cut not available in Ireland, just the theatrical version. I remember seeing it on Brazil a couple of months back but of course no eng subtitles.

Watched Kajaki last night, been on my watch list for a while now, shame it didn't get the kind of attention it deserved on release thanks partly to American Sniper being released the same weekend but nice to see it finding an audience on Netflix.

Reality, an Italian Comedy Drama about a man who becomes obsessed with appearing on the Italian version of Big Brother is leaving next Thursday. The lead actor is acually a former mafia hitman who is serving a life sentence in prison for gunning down 3 members of a rival drug dealing gang back in 91 but was allowed temporary release to star in the movie :eek:.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I watched The Voices tonight. Starring Ryan Reynolds, Anna Kendrick, Gemma Arterton, Bosco and Mr. Whiskers.

I genuinely have no idea what to think about it.

I'd definitely recommend it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I see season two of Bloodline starts Friday.

I wonder will all episodes be on or will it be one a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I see season two of Bloodline starts Friday.

I wonder will all episodes be on or will it be one a week.

All at once, Netflix has the exclusive worldwide license to it so there isn't any broadcaster airing it weekly they have to work with.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Band of Robbers on Irish flix is worth a watch.

It's a modern day Tom Sawyer/Huck Finn kind of retelling. It starts off like a full on comedy and then gets pretty dramatic and turns into a sort of crime thriller.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

I've just started reading this thread and I don't know if this film has been mentioned before. "A girl like her", I think that it's a really heartbreaking showcase of modern day bullying. I found it fascinating from start to finish.

It really shows the affect bullying can have on a victim and their families. I haven't been that emotionally affected by a movie in a long time. It also shows the POV of the bullier and I would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

Netflix's movie selection looks like it's going to get quite a bit better:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/netflix-will-soon-be-the-only-place-to-find-disney-mar-1778397216

(Assuming it applies to Netflix Ireland as well...)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I thought Gladiator was coming to Netflix Ireland? Does anyone know if it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

iniall wrote: »
    Netflix's movie selection looks like it's going to get quite a bit better:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/netflix-will-soon-be-the-only-place-to-find-disney-mar-1778397216

(Assuming it applies to Netflix Ireland as well...)

Not sure if it will apply here as I came across this article the other day. Seems that Sky will get first showings of Disney movies..

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a673258/star-wars-the-force-awakens-will-be-on-sky-before-any-other-tv-or-subscription-service/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

fin12 wrote: »
    I thought Gladiator was coming to Netflix Ireland? Does anyone know if it is?

Its no the russell crowe film - its about illegal boxing and stars cuba gooding junor and brian dennehy. I saw it on release and actually enjoyed it, but I was also about 15 years old and wouldnt have been the best at distinguishing what was great and what wasnt. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

nialldinho wrote: »
    Not sure if it will apply here as I came across this article the other day. Seems that Sky will get first showings of Disney movies..

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a673258/star-wars-the-force-awakens-will-be-on-sky-before-any-other-tv-or-subscription-service/

Bah. Lousy Sky...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bandwagonesque

Just saw the Bloodlines Season 2 will be available from 27th May. Half way through Season 1 and it's pretty good, if a little slow at times.

Just saw Mindhunters on Irish Netflix. Fun film about a group of criminal profilers trying to escape a series for traps set by a killer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement