Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 videopirate

razorblunt wrote: »
    Fittest on Earth, the documentary on the Crossfit Games is a decent watch. I'm not a fan of crossfit really but you have to admire the folk at the top of their game.

Try to guess which one isn't taking some sort of HGH ... you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah this looks good. Going to watch it after I finish Last Chance U. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Separate threads for film & TV
    watched Hush last night very enjoyable thriller

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

They added an animated Zoolander film I've never heard of before recently. It's alright.

They've also added a Korean film called The Good, The Bad and The Weird which I saw at a student fundraiser, I recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kerry bhoy

Probably mention before but just Watched food inc, very impressive documentary.

Watching The Propaganda Game now, documentary about North Korea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Watched Bait starring your one Smurfit.

Its was alright for about an hour but then it got slightly ruined by going over the top and became very unbelievable. Example:
    One of the girls rips off a wash hand basin from the wall! and smacks her attacker over the head. Why didnt the writers just use the toilet cistern lid?
    Its little things like that which makes a movie more realistic.

Its still actually worth watching.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,439 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Two recent additions worth checking out.

Faults - with all due respect to 10 Cloverfield Lane, this is the superior film about Mary Elizabeth Winstead being kidnapped and held in a room. A solid pyschological thriller that goes the distance with its concept, elevated by excellent work from Winstead and Leland Orser.

Listen Up Philip - Alex Ross Perry's portrait of an absolute asshole, played by Jason Schwartzman. Uneven but at its best a very funny and very biting black comedy. Wonderful stuff from Elizabeth Moss too, who would go on to achieve even better things with Perry in Queen of Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I'm finding the sound level on some Netflix releases (both film and tv) particularly low at the moment. When I go on to youtube or other sites there's no issue, but Netflix, even maxed to 100% on computer and on Netflix itself is a strain to hear. Anyone have a fix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Had high hopes for The Art of the Deal, the Funny or Die spoof starring Johnny Depp as Donald Trump but I couldn't make it past 15 minutes of it. Absolute muck.

Plus one on Faults - great movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Just watched Faults as well, definitely recommending that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Dubl07 wrote: »
    I'm finding the sound level on some Netflix releases (both film and tv) particularly low at the moment. When I go on to youtube or other sites there's no issue, but Netflix, even maxed to 100% on computer and on Netflix itself is a strain to hear. Anyone have a fix?

Depends on the device tbh. I use Android tablet and Chromecast to a TV which means I've two volume options. If I'm on the Playstation there's no volume but the TV's own. Could be a bandwith thing or something maybe :/

Faults is great. Watch it. Trust me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not my cup of tea.. but Brooklyn has been added today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Basq wrote: »
    Not my cup of tea.. but Brooklyn has been added today!

I didn't think I'd like it but enjoyed it in the end, if you haven't watched it I'd recommend it

The Lobster is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Occono wrote: »
    The Lobster is up.

Loved the first 20 mins... Nonsense after that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I thought the first half was very good, but turned pretty dull afterwards which was a shame.

Good news for the Japanese boards posters, ye can watch Series 4 Of The Americans.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Occono wrote: »
    The Lobster is up.

kind of a good feeling to know the weirdest film ever made is mostly filmed in ireland :)

peteeeed wrote: »
    kind of a good feeling to know the weirdest film ever made is mostly filmed in ireland :)

Did you watch Holidays? It's also partly filmed in Ireland, I think its six short films based on different holidays throughout the year.

Very strange all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Did you watch Holidays? It's also partly filmed in Ireland, I think its six short films based on different holidays throughout the year.

Very strange all together.

i'll check it out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

peteeeed wrote: »
    i'll check it out

It's not great. I found it a bit of a chore to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

The Lobster is definitely worth a look. It needed to be edited a bit better, but it's still a quality movie. Very left of field.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

tigger123 wrote: »
    The Lobster is definitely worth a look. It needed to be edited a bit better, but it's still a quality movie. Very left of field.

Just watched the first hour or so - maddest film ever!! Can't believe it was box office success......

Just watched the first hour or so - maddest film ever!! Can't believe it was box office success......

A lot of word of mouth recommendations on it, I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lobster, worst film Iv'e ever seen.

tigger123 wrote: »
    A lot of word of mouth recommendations on it, I really enjoyed it.
    fin12 wrote: »
    Lobster, worst film Iv'e ever seen.

Apart from that guy.

It's not great. I found it a bit of a chore to get through.

You're dead right, it's a terrible film and extremely creepy at times. I definitely wasn't recommending it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I liked the weirdness of Lobster but I can see why its a bit of a Marmite one for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The Lobster definitely isn't for everyone but I personally thought it was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Loved the Lobster. Quite odd but I absolutely loved it. Had never really seen an absurdist film before but I enjoyed it so much. Really funny, very stylish, ultimately quite moving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement