Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Separate threads for film & TV
    5 seasons of american horror story added today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

black mirror season 3 added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

peteeeed wrote: »

Am looking forward to it, but definitely not binge watching it. You'd through yourself in the canal if you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tigger123 wrote: »
    peteeeed wrote: »

Am looking forward to it, but definitely not binge watching it. You'd through yourself in the canal if you did.
    Hoping the "Murica-nisation" of the series won't affect the quality..

.. to be honest, it's Black Mirror - there's always one dud a series. So hoping to get at least 4 good 'uns!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Or some digital dystopian stream rather than a canal ;)

6 new episodes, and they appear to be longer runtime than normal too. 60 mins, with one 90 min one. Looking forward to them.

• Advertisement

Is the Christmas Black Mirror up there? I never saw that one, or the Facebook one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Is the Christmas Black Mirror up there? I never saw that one, or the Facebook one.

Yeah it is, it's very good.

What's the facebook one?

Yeah it is, it's very good.

What's the facebook one?

They recreate your life through your social media accounts, or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Bit behind everyone else but watched The Big Short last night. Excellent film, great characters and even though you know what happens in the end it still keeps you hanging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Yes, both are there in season 2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

They recreate your life through your social media accounts, or something.

The one with Domhnall Gleeson and Hayley Atwell? He dies and she gets a replacement android type thingy that they program from all his social media accounts. It's the first one in S2, if that's the one you'r talking about.

Thanks, I've heard this recommended in a few places. I think it was produced just for Netflix, though, or acquired by them.

Out of interest, other than the Adam Sandler films, what has Netflix actually produced itself? They put their banner on a lot of stuff but I can't think of another film that they actually financed and made themselves rather than just buying distribution rights. Maybe that recent Gervais one?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thanks, I've heard this recommended in a few places. I think it was produced just for Netflix, though, or acquired by them.

Out of interest, other than the Adam Sandler films, what has Netflix actually produced itself? They put their banner on a lot of stuff but I can't think of another film that they actually financed and made themselves rather than just buying distribution rights. Maybe that recent Gervais one?
    Original Movies

Hasn't been updated in a while, as some of the "upcoming" have since been released - but you get the point.

The one with Domhnall Gleeson and Hayley Atwell? He dies and she gets a replacement android type thingy that they program from all his social media accounts. It's the first one in S2, if that's the one you'r talking about.

I heard on the radio last week that Google were bringing out something similar to what this episode was about. Creepy....

Basq wrote: »
    Original Movies

Hasn't been updated in a while, as some of the "upcoming" have since been released - but you get the point.

I didn't think Jadotville was one of their own productions, or Beasts of No Nation for that matter. They haven't made that many then, obviously focusing on the TV stuff, cashing in on the binge watching trend.

No, I saw that one, it was excellent. Thought it was quite funny actually that Domhnall Gleeson ended up on the other side of the glass (as it were) in Ex Machina.

*twiddles moustache*

The Black Mirror thing was something about recording your entire history though social media, not too sure on the details as I haven't watched it yet

The Black Mirror thing was something about recording your entire history though social media, not too sure on the details as I haven't watched it yet

Well they're all up anyway, whichever one it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

No, I saw that one, it was excellent. Thought it was quite funny actually that Domhnall Gleeson ended up on the other side of the glass (as it were) in Ex Machina.

*twiddles moustache*

I think you're thinking of the Entire History of You. IIRC it's the one were everyone has an implant that records your entire life that you can playback and watch and companies can ask to access them to review them and make sure you're a suitable candidate for employment.

I think you're thinking of the Entire History of You. IIRC it's the one were everyone has an implant that records your entire life that you can playback and watch and companies can ask to access them to review them and make sure you're a suitable candidate for employment.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Basq wrote: »
    Original Movies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix is updated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭nomadchocolate

Just watched Black Mirror episode 1 and 2.

While somewhat amusing I found that it's the same old Charlie Brooker nihilistic diatribe. Nothing matters and we are all idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shooter will be the latest show to air weekly on Netflix here starting on November 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

While somewhat amusing I found that it's the same old Charlie Brooker nihilistic diatribe. Nothing matters and we are all idiots.

Watched the first one, felt I'd seen it all before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Really enjoyed the second one about gaming. Loved the little Bioshock reference snook into it.

Jesus, episode 3 of Black Mirror, what would you do? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Watched Haters Back Off recently. It was touch and go for the first couple episode being honest. Yer one in it is tough watching but Steve Little manages to carry it through. Once you get over the "What the **** is this ****" phase it's actually not that bad. Has a bit of a Napolean Dynamite feel to it.

There seems to be fake Netflix phishing emails going around at the moment looking for you to log into your account and change Credit Card details.

Don't click on links!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Waffle Street, nice film. Enjoyed it. The lead characters positivity is infectious.

I just saw on twitter Gone Girl is being added tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Filth the James McAvoy movie being added Thursday I think, probably the best screen adaptation of a Irvine Welsh book since Trainspotting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement