Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

fin12 wrote: »
    Waffle Street, nice film. Enjoyed it. The lead characters positivity is infectious.

Yeah, it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Separate threads for film & TV
    picks of the day added
    gone girl
    ricky and morty season 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

The Crown Season 1 is being released on Friday 4th November on Netflix. I've heard good reviews.

It's about Queen Elizabeth 2nds early life and before she was queen and then after. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Harry66

Rick and Morty is the censored version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why? I thought Netflix always have used uncensored versions, what's censored in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Why? I thought Netflix always have used uncensored versions, what's censored in it?

Netflix take whatever the distributor gives them they have said they do not actively seek director cuts or uncut versions of movies.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Censored how? Just the swearing beeped out like south park is it? Always thought south park seemed funnier when it was beeped..

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Harry66

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Censored how? Just the swearing beeped out like south park is it? Always thought south park seemed funnier when it was beeped..

Yeah the swearing is beeped out:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm watching it for the first time, and honestly most of the swearing I've come across so far has been funnier because it is beeped out. Acts like a punchline the way 'WHAT IS IT WITH YOU KIDS AND THAT WORD!' wouldn't.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'm watching it for the first time, and honestly most of the swearing I've come across so far has been funnier because it is beeped out. Acts like a punchline the way 'WHAT IS IT WITH YOU KIDS AND THAT WORD!' wouldn't.

I find that on The Goldbergs. They bleep out a swear word every now and then and it makes it far funnier than it would if they left it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Bingo addes last week, not a classic by any means but anyone who grew up in the mid 90s might remember it being receycled during the summer months along with the Ernest movies on ITV. Good times lol the nostalgia feels. I literally forgot it existed until it showed up on Netflix last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Into The Inferno...The Werner Herzog doc on volcanoes was added today.

How To Get Away With Murder season 2 also added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I find that on The Goldbergs. They bleep out a swear word every now and then and it makes it far funnier than it would if they left it in.

I think with the Goldbergs though the word isn't said in any cut of the show so you'll never see an undedited version as it doesn't exist? The sweariest you hear is "balls", and often. Archer has similar instances.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I think with the Goldbergs though the word isn't said in any cut of the show so you'll never see an undedited version as it doesn't exist? The sweariest you hear is "balls", and often. Archer has similar instances.

Yeah, it does sometimes seem like the bleep itself is the joke on The Goldbergs, they're not actually swearing. Although, their mouths are making the right shapes behind the pixels. Anyway, point being often the bleeping out of a word is actually funnier than using the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭MichaelScarn

Into the ferno any good lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Into the ferno any good lads?

Only out today , getting good reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Watched The Gift tonight and thought it was very good.

I thought it was entertaining too.

Give 'Hush' a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Synode wrote: »
    Gonns give Grabbers a go later

More light hearted than scary but a fun movie. has yer man from Coupling in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

The Invitation is well worth a watch given the day that's in it. A man gets an invitation from his ex wife to a dinner party to celebrate her new relationship, but soon he starts to think that all is not what it seems. More a psychological thriller than an all out horror. Michiel Huisman, Daario from Game Of Thrones, is perfectly cast as the new boyfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

8-10 wrote: »
    More light hearted than scary but a fun movie. has yer man from Coupling in it

Enjoyable enough, got a few laughs out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Plus one for the Invitation. Very good movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Shameless US has been added.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Anyone who would prefer to sit in for some fireworks tonight check out Sky Ladder. Documentary about an amazing Chinese artist and goes through his journey of using fireworks and the art behind it to reach his ultimate project! Well worth a watch

Some incredible footage in "Into the Inferno"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Cowboy Bebop season 1 added recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Watched The Babadook last (being Halloween and all) and thought it was fine/good. Didn't seem to have the same reaction to it everyone else did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Watched Beasts of No Nation last night and would highly recommend it. It's about a child soldier in west Africa. Idris Elba is fantastic in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement