Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Separate threads for film & TV
    I watched all of Travellers, was a perfectly acceptable yet flawed show.
    There's a deus ex machine built into the premise of the show, whereby at any time anyone can just turn into an other traveller. I honestly thought after the second episode that they would get a message that there would be no more tavellers. As it stands, half of Pacific North West is from the future. The bit with the supposed misfire when the lawyers, bailiffs and judge all stood up and revealed they were time travellers made me cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Another shout to Real Detective

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Never realised Backstrom was being added, supposed to be very good. Its a tv show starring Rainn Wilson (Dwight from The Office). Apologies if someone already pointed this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Lemony Snicket a series of unfortunate events , Historia de un clan(argentine series about a crime family ) added today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Watched Green Room last night. Really enjoyed it, very tense, and doesnt outstay its welcome at just under an hour and a half runtime.

• Advertisement

It's been far too long since someone recommend Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

Go watch it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

den87 wrote: »
    Never realised Backstrom was being added, supposed to be very good. Its a tv show starring Rainn Wilson (Dwight from The Office). Apologies if someone already pointed this out.

I liked it a lot. Deserved a second series and proper conclusion.

Go watch it now.

Fantastic film.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Go watch it now.

It's been recommended so often I feel obliged to watch it at this stage, making it feel like a chore and by nature I'm resisting doing this chore with every scrap of laziness I can muster.

It's been recommended so often I feel obliged to watch it at this stage, making it feel like a chore and by nature I'm resisting doing this chore with every scrap of laziness I can muster.

Myself and the Mrs watched it tonight, really enjoyed it. The young Lad is a great actor and Sam Neill is fantastic as the curmudgeonly uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I loved the Lemony Snicket books, I bought all of them from Eason back in the day. I watched the whole series in a day, so it has my recommendation. It's entertaining if you aren't familiar with them, though.

• Advertisement

seven psychopaths added today

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not sure when it was added but spotted that Tale of Tales is on there. I wasn't sure what to make of it but it might be worth a watch if you're in the mood for a weird unsettling fairytale film....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not sure when it was added but spotted that Tale of Tales is on there. I wasn't sure what to make of it but it might be worth a watch if you're in the mood for a weird unsettling fairytale film....

I really liked it. Very dark fairytale.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Watched the search for the wilder people last night. Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The Hard Stop is on Irish Netflix. Essentially it follows a few friends of Mark Duggan whose death sparked the riots a few years ago in the UK.

Its pretty good especially in these current times with so much focus on police and the black community.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/14/the-hard-stop-review-documentary-mark-duggan-london-riots

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

idnkph wrote: »
    Watched the search for the wilder people last night. Great show.

Just watched it there based on what people were saying about it in this thread, cracking film, as was already said the kid in it is a really good actor, had me in stitches at parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe & She-Ra cartoons from the 80's added today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe & She-Ra cartoons from the 80's added today.

Was only singing the theme tune of He-Man to my daughter the weekend, doing the I have the power thing, and transforming from Cringer to Battlecat. I told her she was She-Ra.

She looked at me like I was mental. I'll show her now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

my brothers always going on about HE-Man might take a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I think I'm going to stick these on for my two and not tell them how long ago they were made.

• Advertisement

young Frankenstein added today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You mean Young Fronkensteen?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Werewolf?

There, wolf.
    There, castle.

Started watching Backstrom and was enjoying it, until I looked it up online and found it has actually been cancelled, so no season 2.

Started watching Backstrom and was enjoying it, until I looked it up online and found it has actually been cancelled, so no season 2.

I'm on episode 3 myself, whilst enjoyable, it's like a checklist of TV cliches.

Flawed main protagonist - check
    Smart rule abiding female sidekick -check
    Gay roommate / moral compass - check

Watched Eddie the eagle tonight, a great, lighthearted film from start to finish. I didn't cop that the main character was also in kinsman until near the end so fair play to him for diversifying. A real feel good film, check it out!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Watched Eddie the eagle tonight, a great, lighthearted film from start to finish. I didn't cop that the main character was also in kinsman until near the end so fair play to him for diversifying. A real feel good film, check it out!

Talk about diversifying, he's the voice of the singing gorilla in Sing too. Quite the varied CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

I'm on episode 3 myself, whilst enjoyable, it's like a checklist of TV cliches.

Flawed main protagonist - check
    Smart rule abiding female sidekick -check
    Gay roommate / moral compass - check

Best checklist of TV cliches ever, I'm assuming the flawed main protagonist is a hetero white male?

netflix series frontier added today (has revenant rip-off written all over it but you never know )

• Advertisement

Watching Frontier now.

About 5 minutes in and they have what seem like main characters with faux Irish accents. Throwing in words like "****e", "arseholes", etc. to make it seem more "authentic"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement