Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JeffCash

Separate threads for film & TV
    Watched Seven Psycopath's last night and really enjoyed it. Think Ex Machina is next up on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Are there any plans for a second season of River?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Are there any plans for a second season of River?

I don't think so. There's been no mention of it and Abi Morgan, who wrote it, has a few different projects on the go at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Hans_Memling

I really enjoyed Bone Tomahawk. There's a scene in it though that genuinely shocked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

SANTA CLARITA DIET season 1 , a netflix original starring Timothy Olyphant & Drew Barrymore added today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

American Crime Story added today, before the UK gets it seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I watched all of Lovesick over the last couple of days. There's 2 series of it, the first one was on Channel 4 and then it got picked up by Netflix for a second series. It's about a guy, Dylan, who discovers he has chlamydia and, with the help of his 2 closest friends, Luke and Evie, has to get in contact with all his sexual partners over a certain period of time to tell them to get tested.

When it was on C4 it was called Scrotal Recall and I remember the adverts making it seem like a very sort of American Pie gross out humour kind of thing. It's not like that at all. Every episode is named after a different girl on Dylan's list and there's flashbacks to how and when he was with said girl but really whole thing is about Dylan, Evie and Luke's friendship and we see various important parts of their lives/relationship through the flashbacks, along with what's happening in the present day.

I found lots of it to be quite funny too but it's not a comedy, as such, but it's not too serious either.
    )

I loved this! I watched it all in the last week and going to get my husband to watch it so will watch again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

peteeeed wrote:
    SANTA CLARITA DIET season 1 , a netflix original starring Timothy Olyphant & Drew Barrymore added today

Jaysus hard to know of I like this or hate it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

8-10 wrote: »
    I watched episode 1 a while ago and wasn't drawn in at all, maybe that's just me?

Tempted to continue as the recommendations have been good, hopefully it's just something that started slow rather than something that's not my cup of tea at all

Funny, I've tried to get into River three or four times but it just isn't clicking with me at all. Something about the characterisation seems off...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

tigger123 wrote: »
    I totally get that Under The Skin isn't for everyone, but for me it was one of the best films I've seen in years.

It's very hard to put my finger on it exactly though, but there's a coldness and a distance about it that really freaked me out. I was also fascinated by what exactly was going on and where it was going. The ending was horrible too.

I also have friends who watched it and just shrugged their shoulders .

Watched this last night.

No, there is no particular plot or narrative,the ending is unsatisfying and there are more loose ends than a bowl of spaghetti.
    But.

It's been stuck in my head all day. Particularly the beach scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Seven Five was added today a great documentary on corrupt cops in New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Just watched "The hunt for the wilderpeople" , I know it's been recommended here already , but just had to recommend again..... loved it , a little gem of a movie...... it's a Majestical film !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

The Seven Five was added today a great documentary on corrupt cops in New York.

Second that recommendation. Excellent doc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The client list pretty enjoyable tv series starring Jennifer Love Hewitt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Conmen Case Files. Documentary Series. It's unbelievable what some people were able to get away it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Occono wrote: »
    American Crime Story added today, before the UK gets it seemingly.

Just binged on the first 3 episodes. It's about the OJ Simpson case/trial. Brilliant!!!

wild starring reece witherspoon added today

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Watched Faults.

Enjoyable if a bit WTF at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

cml387 wrote: »
    Watched this last night.

No, there is no particular plot or narrative,the ending is unsatisfying and there are more loose ends than a bowl of spaghetti.
    But.

It's been stuck in my head all day. Particularly the beach scene.

The beach scene is particularly harrowing.

But I think its the tone if it overall that really sticks with you.

Watched the Shadow Of Truth last night and would highly recommend it. Its a 4 part true crime documentary about the murder of a teenager in an Israeli school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The beach scene is particularly harrowing.

But I think its the tone if it overall that really sticks with you.

What stuck with me was that I realized halfway through that it was going to be all style and zero substance

Bambi wrote: »
    What stuck with me was that I realized halfway through that it was going to be all style and zero substance

It's total Marmite, I get that, but its a stretch to say there's no substance to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's total Marmite, I get that, but its a stretch to say there's no substance to it.

There was definitely substance all over my screen at one point…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Can't recommend The Seven Five enough, highly entertaining documentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Really enjoyed Last Chance U. One of the best sports documentaries I've seen.

RasTa wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Last Chance U. One of the best sports documentaries I've seen.

Season 2 is coming this year

warrior (tom hardy) added today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

peteeeed wrote: »
    warrior (tom hardy) added today

Did that ever leave?
    Could have sworn I only watched it a couple of months ago.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Did that ever leave?
    Could have sworn I only watched it a couple of months ago.

It's "streaming again" so it must have left for a short time.

• Advertisement

metallica: some kind of monster added today . one of the very best fly on the wall docs in my opinion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement