Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Separate threads for film & TV
    peteeeed wrote: »
    metallica: some kind of monster added today . one of the very best fly on the wall docs in my opinion

Ah, excellent. I've always wanted to watch that...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

metallica: some kind of monster added today . one of the very best fly on the wall docs in my opinion

Can't recommend it highly enough. There's about 10 minutes in total of their music in it, its very much aimed at a broad audience. And its bananas!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Cheers for the heads up, heard its well worth a watch. Would ye say it's better/worse than Anvil?

Cheers for the heads up, heard its well worth a watch. Would ye say it's better/worse than Anvil?

It's similar. They're quite like Anvil in some ways, except they're hugely successful, and far more dysfunctional.

But if you enjoy Anvil, you'll enjoy Some Kind of Monster. A lot of Metallica fans watch it through their fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

Hunt For The Wilderpeople - i enjoyed it a lot.

Thinking of starting It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia as i want a good comedy and i have heard great things. Anyone here watched it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Shergar6 wrote: »

Thinking of starting It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia as i want a good comedy and i have heard great things. Anyone here watched it?

If you enjoy dark humour, this is probably the darkest ever. But it's very very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

People just do nothing season 2 added today , really funny show about a pirate radio station in a London high rise

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Started watching Lovesick yesterday. A British comedy series about a guy who has to contact all his past girlfriends to tell them they have the clap! Some very funny bits, really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

There's a series up now called midnight diner: tokyo stories. Worth a look if you like old fashioned offbeat TV

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I absolutely loved IASIP, something I'd watch over and over. The middle and later series are best I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Started watching Lovesick yesterday. A British comedy series about a guy who has to contact all his past girlfriends to tell them they have the clap! Some very funny bits, really enjoying it.
    I am glad they renamed it....when it was on channel 4 before it was called scrotal recall....

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

watched this last night, really enjoyed the first half of it second half for me wasn't as good. enjoyable watch all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Always sunny is a fantastic show, season one isn't the best but it gets better all the time after that. Season 12 is on currently and it's possibly the best season yet.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Always sunny is a fantastic show, season one isn't the best but it gets better all the time after that. Season 12 is on currently and it's possibly the best season yet.

I think season 1 has one of the most WTF episodes though
    asking the teacher why he didn't sexually abuse them
    . It is a brilliant program, very rewatchable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

watched Shameless USA on Netflix, much better than the UK version.

Netflix doesn't have seasons 6 to 8, is there plans to add this soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Netflix has really upped its game lately, i havent a clue what to start on and the list keeps growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet , but about five episodes into "El Marginal", (an Argentinian crime/prison drama) and really enjoying it.... highly recommended so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

cathalj wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet , but about five episodes into "El Marginal", (an Argentinian crime/prison drama) and really enjoying it.... highly recommended so far.

Nice find. Where did you hear about it?

The people v oj simpson added today

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Nice find. Where did you hear about it?

Just saw it trawling through Netflix itself and gave it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

The people v oj simpson added today

Been up awhile now

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Been up awhile now

Sure has.

Halfway through, excellent so far.

drive is streaming again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've managed to miss that every time it was streaming or shown on terrestrial tv.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I've managed to miss that every time it was streaming or shown on terrestrial tv.

I borrowed it on blu ray from a friend 3 years ago and have never watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

tigger123 wrote: »
    I borrowed it on blu ray from a friend 3 years ago and have never watched it.

I'm not sure you can still classify it as borrowing if you still have it 3 years later ;)

Dave..M wrote: »
    I'm not sure you can still classify it as borrowing if you still have it 3 years later ;)

I'm kinda nervous about giving it back at this stage tbh.

Just going to leave this here , ' 50 shades of grey' added today

And divergent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

noodler wrote: »
    Sure has.

Halfway through, excellent so far.

It is better than I expected to be honest. The only thing, it could be the wardrobe and the hair, but it looks a little cheesier than it is? It kind of seems more 80s than 90s? But all in all a decent watch and of course a bat **** crazy story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Danger 5 is leaving soon. It's a brilliant Australian parody of bad 70's action shows that you really have to see before it goes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement