Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Separate threads for film & TV
    Love & Friendship added today. Brilliant adaptation of a Jane Austen novella. 100% different from any Jane Austen you've seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Glebee wrote: »
    Anybody else find it really hard to see all the content on Netflix. Films seem to be hidden or something. maybe its just me..

Hope this helps
    https://www.google.ie/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/revealed-hidden-netflix-codes-unlock-9759191.amp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

nosilver wrote: »

Young offenders - Irish film about two teens setting off to find a bag of cocaine from the massive cocaine find in west cork. Hilarious.

watched this Friday night some great laughs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Young Offenders is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

tigger123 wrote: »
    Young Offenders is excellent.

Tried to watch this last night. Dont get the great reviews.

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »
    Tried to watch this last night. Dont get the great reviews.

I thought it was alright. Not as great as people have been making out though. The ending was a bit too farcical but I did enjoy the earlier parts where it was just the two lads together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I thought it was hilarious

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I thought it was hilarious

Yeah I thought it was really funny, however I hadn't read any reviews beforehand and had very low expectations. If I had read all the reviews I'd say I would've been disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

neonsofa wrote: »
    Yeah I thought it was really funny, however I hadn't read any reviews beforehand and had very low expectations. If I had read all the reviews I'd say I would've been disappointed.

Same!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its a a simple film that is very funny and has a good heart with these oddball characters coming in and out of the it , i really enjoyed it and the soundtrack was good too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I thought it was alright. Not as great as people have been making out though. The ending was a bit too farcical but I did enjoy the earlier parts where it was just the two lads together.

The end part was hilarious,
    when the mother bashed the two fellas over the head with a pot

fin12 wrote: »
    The end part was hilarious,
    when the mother bashed the two fellas over the head with a pot

Nah, I thought everything with PJ Gallagher's character was a bit over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭FMG

peteeeed wrote: »
    its a a simple film that is very funny and has a good heart with these oddball characters coming in and out of the it , i really enjoyed it and the soundtrack was good too
    Same here, it was a good laugh and knowing some of the streets and a local shop kept me amused all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm very surprised that this movie is so popular. I thought it was absolute garbage from start to whatever minute I turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Watched force majeur .. thought it was rubbish. And god those kids annoyed me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Rfrip wrote: »
    Watched force majeur .. thought it was rubbish. And god those kids annoyed me

Never understood the 5/5, 10/10 reviews for this. It completely passed me by.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I watched The Young Offenders last week after hearing so much positive buzz. It's, to use distinctly Irish parlance, it's grand. There's a few solid gags - the 'Heat' discussion and the attempted pier dive were definite highlights. Other than that... it has funny moments here and there, and no doubt there's some actual heart & passion behind the whole thing. Not really my kind of thing, though: it's a crowdpleaser, but not a whole lot meat on the bones. Oh well, can't begrudge an Irish film finding an enthusiastic audience either - although we've certainly shat out worse as a country ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Yeah the Young Offenders is an ok watch. Didn't find it overly funny and thought the acting was pretty dodgy though. The two main characters were grand but the mother, the Gard and PJ Gallagher were all very Fair City-ish.

Don't at all get the buzz about it. Worth a watch but nothing to get excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Am i correct in saying Line of Duty season 3 is coming to Netflix Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Dave chapelle special added today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

peteeeed wrote: »
    Dave chapelle special added today

Netflix is weird, this only shows up for me if I search for it. I would have thought that they would be promoting it hugely, especially when I have previously watched similar stand up specials on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Netflix is weird, this only shows up for me if I search for it. I would have thought that they would be promoting it hugely, especially when I have previously watched similar stand up specials on it.

Was advertised heavily for me...sometimes these things can take a while

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

The Dish, aussie movie from 2000 staring Sam Neil is leaving at the end of the week. That's a movies I wish I had watched years back when I first heard of it. Very funny at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

The Dish, aussie movie from 2000 staring Sam Neil is leaving at the end of the week. That's a movies I wish I watched years back when I first heard of it. Very funny at times.

A great movie alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I missed the third season of The Killing on BBC and have been waiting for Netflix to add it.

Would the BBC holding the rights affect it's release here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thanks for The Dish recommendation, great film, loads of LOL moments. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

Just watched Nice Guys and really enjoyed it. Been a while since I laughed out loud at a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Thanks for The Dish recommendation, great film, loads of LOL moments. :)

Going to re-watch it tonight. Haven't seen it since its release!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Hardly original, but just rewatched The Big Lebowski for the first time in a few years.
    In case anyone on here has somehow not seen it.

• Advertisement

Hardly original, but just rewatched The Big Lebowski for the first time in a few years.
    In case anyone on here has somehow not seen it.

Only saw it for the first time recently and I just did not get the hype .. but that's just like, my opinion man.
    I dunno, so many people have said it's their favourite film and I'm gonna love it etc. and I was just kind of thinking "is that it..?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement