Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Separate threads for film & TV
    brevity wrote: »
    Just watched Nice Guys and really enjoyed it. Been a while since I laughed out loud at a movie.

Yeah, I watched that the other day, very funny, and on a par with Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang. Shane Black does that kind of film very well.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Check out The Clan, a recent Argentinian film. True story about a "respectable" family who used to torture and kill people they kidnapped for ransom money....not to be confused with the a series about the same events "historia de un clan", which has already been mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

as good as it gets
    the girl with the dragon tattoo (english version)
    added today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

peteeeed wrote: »
    as good as it gets
    the girl with the dragon tattoo (english version)
    added today

I LOVE "As Good as it Gets"! Along with the likes of "Groundhog Day", the mid 90s was the last time that Hollywood could do really good mainstream comedies, now its all lowbrow crap like "Hangover", "Table 19" and "Bridesmaids" (the odd one like 2004's "Sideways" being the exception.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Netflix is weird, this only shows up for me if I search for it. I would have thought that they would be promoting it hugely, especially when I have previously watched similar stand up specials on it.

They aren't fussed about hyping releases. Sometimes they do all the marketing for stuff after it's come out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

neonsofa wrote: »
    Only saw it for the first time recently and I just did not get the hype .. but that's just like, my opinion man.
    I dunno, so many people have said it's their favourite film and I'm gonna love it etc. and I was just kind of thinking "is that it..?"

Haha, you remind me of Cassidy on Preacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Occono wrote: »
    Haha, you remind me of Cassidy on Preacher.

I didn't know who this is and so I Googled this person and I am none the wiser :o I'm gonna take it as a compliment regardless of your intent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Hardly original, but just rewatched The Big Lebowski for the first time in a few years.
    In case anyone on here has somehow not seen it.

Just switching it on now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I've avoided it long enough, but it finally happened to me for the first time: had one episode of The Musketeers left, the very final episode of the show in fact, then Netflix yanked all of the last season from the service (it only appeared a month or so back too). Keep meaning to message them but the closed door policy's an infuriating aspect of the set up

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

pixelburp wrote: »
    I've avoided it long enough, but it finally happened to me for the first time: had one episode of The Musketeers left, the very final episode of the show in fact, then Netflix yanked all of the last season from the service (it only appeared a month or so back too). Keep meaning to message them but the closed door policy's an infuriating aspect of the set up

Not much use to you now but this site lists things that are leaving over the next few weeks. Handy to keep an eye on especially if you're watching a TV series.

https://uk.newonnetflix.info/lastchance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dreamland Australian television comedy series by Working Dog Productions that premiered on ABC1 on 13 August 2014. The eight-part series follows the working lives of a team in the Nation Building Authority, a newly created government organisation. The Authority is responsible for overseeing major infrastructure projects, from announcement to unveiling. The series explores the collision between bureaucracy and grand ambitions.[1] The second series aired in 2015, beginning with the first episode on 19 August 2015.

The above from Wikipeda. I must say I really enjoyed the two season of Dreamland on Netflix. Found it out of the blue and cant recommend it highly enough. 16 episodes on Netflix and I dont think any more are made yet..

^Is that the one that was called something else in Australia? It's a bit like 2012 that aired on the BBC a few years ago?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not much use to you now but this site lists things that are leaving over the next few weeks. Handy to keep an eye on especially if you're watching a TV series.

https://uk.newonnetflix.info/lastchance

Thanks for that; I'm just particularly surprised as it feels lile season 3 only popped up a couple of months back, and the first 2 are still there. Seems like an odd decision from the outside.

^Is that the one that was called something else in Australia? It's a bit like 2012 that aired on the BBC a few years ago?

I think it was called Utopia over there . Yes it's similar to 2012, W1A and The Thick of It, all of which are on netflix and and excellent. Anybody got any others of a similar ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Going to re-watch it tonight. Haven't seen it since its release!

Fell asleep during my viewing, and it's gone now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Both Chappelle specials were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Is it wrong that as an ageing adult I very much enjoyed watching 'A series of unfortunate events'?

Supposedly a children's series?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

maximus02 wrote: »
    Is it wrong that as an ageing adult I very much enjoyed watching 'A series of unfortunate events'?

Supposedly a children's series?

No i really enjoyed it too

Started watching Killjoys. It's OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Line of Duty. Watched the first episode of season 3, the second was loading, froze and now season 3 is gone!? Can anyone else see it still there?

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Line of Duty. Watched the first episode of season 3, the second was loading, froze and now season 3 is gone!? Can anyone else see it still there?

can only see 2 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 was added to the UK today may have been upload here my mistake and taken down.

Has season 3 aired on RTE yet as they would have first run rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ah feck it anyway! It was only put on today as far as I know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭looie

Only familiar with Norton through Lucky Louie/Louie and the odd podcast so no idea what his stand-up material is like but might be worth a look.

Can't post a link to the trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=si1nUGVVTYU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Season 3 was added to the UK today may have been upload here my mistake and taken down.

Has season 3 aired on RTE yet as they would have first run rights.
    Such a pain, I was looking forward to it. I even got an email from netflix today telling me it had been added but there's no sign of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Hrududu wrote:
    Such a pain, I was looking forward to it. I even got an email from netflix today telling me it had been added but there's no sign of it

Season 3 is a cracker too. Line of Duty is fantastic TV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

watched the nice guys last night
    based on the recommendation made here
    what an excellent movie i wasnt in the best of moods yesterday and it right cheered me up

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Adam Sandler's four picture deal with Netflix is being extended by four more.

There must be more stoners watching Netflix than I originally thought :P

Adam Sandler's four picture deal with Netflix is being extended by four more.

There must be more stoners watching Netflix than I originally thought :P

Probably had this conversation when the first deal was announced but I find it hard to understand how Sandler makes Netflix money. I can accept people who already have a Netflix account might end up watching one of these films out of curiosity or boredom or whatever but is anyone really rushing to sign up for it just to see his films?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Probably had this conversation when the first deal was announced but I find it hard to understand how Sandler makes Netflix money. I can accept people who already have a Netflix account might end up watching one of these films out of curiosity or boredom or whatever but is anyone really rushing to sign up for it just to see his films?

Netflix won't pay for more Bloodlines but they'll fo:confused:r more Adam Sandler?

:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement