Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Separate threads for film & TV
    I'm pretty sure I saw iZombie on RTEs listings one night. Possible they've got the rights to it here so it won't be on Irish Netflix.

Didnt season 3 just begin airing though Stateside? So it wouldn't be on Netflix until season's end anyway like the previous two seasons. Also, RTE were showing it at some ungodly midnight hour.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Turtwig wrote: »
    Didnt season 3 just begin airing though Stateside? So it wouldn't be on Netflix until season's end anyway like the previous two seasons. Also, RTE were showing it at some ungodly midnight hour.

S3 is being added episode by episode as it airs in the US. Or it is to the UK Netflix. I wouldn't swear to it but I'd assume RTE have the rights to it in Ireland whether they air it prime time or in the wee hours.

Turtwig wrote: »

I think it's being discussed on the iZombie thread at the TV forum.

It seems to be getting added to the UK Netflix, but won't be on the Irish one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I think it's being discussed on the iZombie thread at the TV forum.

It seems to be getting added to the UK Netflix, but won't be on the Irish one.

How on Earth did Netflix lose this to RTÉ?

And why are RTÉ bothering? It will just shoved into some silly time slot.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

hefferboi wrote: »
    Started watching Fargo recently. Thought the movie was good if not a bit overhyped. Season 1 was excellent. Halfway through season 2 and its better than 1. Fantastic show, great soundtrack and cinematography. Highly recommend

Funnily enough, and I know I'm in the minority, but I much preferred season 1 to season 2.

Oh and I absolutely love the film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Win it All- New Netflix Movie Just started watching it, pretty good so far.

fin12 wrote: »
    Win it All- New Netflix Movie Just started watching it, pretty good so far.

Can't b that good if you posting here at the same time

:p

adox wrote: »
    Funnily enough, and I know I'm in the minority, but I much preferred season 1 to season 2.

Oh and I absolutely love the film.

Same here.

Season 2 is fantastic, but Season 1 is way better.

Can't b that good if you posting here at the same time

:p

I can multitask. I always browse online when I'm watching tv/shows.

I can multitask. I always browse online when I'm watching tv/shows.

If that is the case, then maybe you aren't really enjoying what you are watching.

I'm just making an observation, not telling you what to do. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If that is the case, then maybe you aren't really enjoying what you are watching.

I'm just making an observation, not telling you what to do. ;)

I'd agree.

I know I am not into something when I find myself browsing at the same time.

noodler wrote: »
    I'd agree.

I know I am not into something when I find myself browsing at the same time.

But I do it with all the shows I watch. Except near the end of the night when I've finished browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

fin12 wrote:
    But I do it with all the shows I watch. Except near the end of the night when I've finished browsing.

You've finished it!?!?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    You've finished it!?!?

No there's 18 minutes left.

Yes, but what noodler and I are saying is that to us it sounds like you aren't really into what you are watching.

I know there is whole movement of people posting on twitter during a show but the fact is that if you are doing that, then you aren't really watching.

Yes, but what noodler and I are saying is that to us it sounds like you aren't really into what you are watching.

I know there is whole movement of people posting on twitter during a show but the fact is that if you are doing that, then you aren't really watching.

Ya ur probably right there has been times when I have had to rewind a show because I wasn't paying attention and missed important points.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Nothing worse than people posting while watching a TV show then complaining after about "plot points" or "bad writing" afterwards when it's clear they just haven't been paying attention.
    (Not aiming that at anyone here, just generally speaking)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Nothing worse than people posting while watching a TV show then complaining after about "plot points" or "bad writing" afterwards when it's clear they just haven't been paying attention.
    (Not aiming that at anyone here, just generally speaking)

What's more annoying is when ya spend ages deciding what to watch then ya get it all set up and wait for the other people to join you only for them to spend the majority of the time lookin at there phone, then afterwards​ they say we'll that was rubbish, Drives me up the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Getting annoyed by the subtitles in more than a few shows/films, a lot of the time they included English CC only which fine if it's fully spoken English but if the Film has anything else spoken it won't be subtitled. I've had to have french on which is the full thing and make do trying to go by a language I've not said a word in in years and google translate using the camera on my phone which didn't last long before i just googled to find it elsewhere.

Oddly, there doesn't seem to be all the Real Ghostbuster episodes on Netflix. At least not on the Irish one. Was looking up best episodes and looks like there were 65 in S2, but only 13 on Netflix.

Actually.. figured it out.. they uploaded them totally wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,774 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

peteeeed wrote: »
    Mad men seasons 1-5
    Added today

Seasons 6 & 7 added today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Rfrip

13 reasons why was pretty tough going by the end. Worth a watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

first ep of 'better call saul' season 3 is up

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Snowpiercer is up on Netflix US, according to Moreflicks.
    I won't be in the States for a couple of days, so I can't confirm at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Snowpiercer is up on Netflix US, according to Moreflicks. I won't be in the States for a couple of days, so I can't confirm at the moment.

Didnt know anyone went there anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Rfrip wrote: »
    13 reasons why was pretty tough going by the end. Worth a watch

Just finished it...... pretty harrowing and heartbreaking.

Snowpiercer is up on Netflix US, according to Moreflicks.
    I won't be in the States for a couple of days, so I can't confirm at the moment.

Moreflicks doesn't seem to be to be up to date these days. Snowpiercer is not on Netflix US ( just checked) . I'm there now watching Little Dieter Needs To Fly, which according to Moreflicks is not on Netflix at all.
    I've always used Moreflicks to search for content, but I find it unreliable lately. Anyone know if there's any good sites out there to do that instead of Moreflicks ?

Didnt know anyone went there anymore?

There's still flights available ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Real life wife swap. It's only three episodes, think Alan Partridge swinging. The couple from Blackpool in the 2nd episode should have there own tv show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Have heard a lot about Mad Men and now that's it's up on Netflix I decided to give it a watch. I'm 3 episodes in and finding it very slow going. I'll watch the rest of the season but does it pick up??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement